<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Need Some1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:43 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
this track has really grown on me. mad type of groove.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:47 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 19Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:24 pm
RENEGEDD wrote:
Any vids? :evilflame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoMgFp0coWU
another 1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:30 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
This track still does not do anything good for me. I can't stand it to be honest. I've played it to a lot of my friends since it came out, and they agree, that it is friggin horrible. It is such an empty track in my opinion, and these synths are the things that really gets on my nerves. I've heard it maybe 50 times now, and I can't anymore. I might hear it again, when I'll listen to the whole album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:07 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 42Location: SpainJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:52 pm
Trawizz wrote:
This track still does not do anything good for me. I can't stand it to be honest. I've played it to a lot of my friends since it came out, and they agree, that it is friggin horrible. It is such an empty track in my opinion, and these synths are the things that really gets on my nerves. I've heard it maybe 50 times now, and I can't anymore. I might hear it again, when I'll listen to the whole album.

+1
That synthesizer stresses me. It is repeated throughout the track.

You have to thank Liam for a short song, if it was 4 minutes I would have committed suicide.

Although many users of the forum would be glad of my death :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:26 pm
climbatize wrote:
Trawizz wrote:

+1
That synthesizer stresses me. It is repeated throughout the track.

You have to thank Liam for a short song, if it was 4 minutes I would have committed suicide.

Although many users of the forum would be glad of my death :lol:

But the first live version is quite good for the first minute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agUnmOozPtY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:56 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
Always first version is better since AONO hehe.

Imo Liam didn't make mistake during this bridge in NS1. He tried to add some effect to this bridge (flanger) and he added too much. Finally it wasn't so bad. He muted bridge this way. He is testing. So next gig next try Mr. H.

In the past I liked his additions (WD bridge).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:40 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Is it me that I think the start of the music video version of Need Some1 sounds similar to the start of the music video for Aphex Twin's come to daddy music video?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:09 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Trawizz wrote:

you want to like it but you can't. It happened to me with previous tracks but some people will like anything by him whatever it costs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:47 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
Trawizz wrote:

you want to like it but you can't. It happened to me with previous tracks but some people will like anything by him whatever it costs.

So fucking what if they do?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:38 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
Moaners gonna moan.

I'm really glad Liam doesn't listen to any of those Moaners.
Looks like my taste lines up really well with the music he likes to create. Good for me :Firestarter:

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:23 pm
Hell-razor wrote:
Moaners gonna moan.

I'm really glad Liam doesn't listen to any of those Moaners.
Looks like my taste lines up really well with the music he likes to create. Good for me :Firestarter:

Yes, we moan because the track is god damn shit and , but hopefully will half the tracks be listenable or maybe even great if we are lucky.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:46 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 11Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:46 pm
Kicks and snares are really hard on this one..
Last 20 seconds are smashing, bass reminds me lil bit on BGAT.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:28 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
FollowMeToThe.. wrote:
Kicks and snares are really hard on this one..
Last 20 seconds are smashing, bass reminds me lil bit on BGAT.

I found it weak until the last 20 seconds. Then it was slightly better but still nowhere near the level of a normal Prodigy track.

I only just discovered it now btw, not been up to speed on the band recently.

I'd go as far as to say this is the weakest single they've ever released alongside BGAT - agreed on the similarities.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
The bridge / breakdown is so weak its almost like a joke. When did liam trade his epic fat strings and pad sounds to that 8 bit gameboy synths?

Probably some time after FOTL

Rest of the track is badass.

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW