<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Need Some1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
I really like NS1, liked it ever since hearing the live version. Nice little tricks like the screams and the guitar.

To me, it's dirty and raw and gritty and simple. Better direction than Omen and Nasty.

I feel exactly the same! I like it very much, but I miss the vocals from it. It has a lot of potential, great sounding, and finally no retro 8-bit synth-lines to ruin the track, but I feel it a bit empty without vocals.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:32 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
prodigalOne wrote:
Not a fan of this tune at all, I have it at the bottom of the barrel with shoot down, ibiza and fuel my fire. Not sure why they chose this tune as the breakthrough.

Hope the album is better. I agree with HSVV perfect write up though, I have invested a lot into this band and have learned to accept the poor tunes.

Whaaat? Fuel my fire??? It's their best ''punk''song. I do agree on Ibiza & Shoot down, they are fuckin horrible along with Under my wheels, Rhythm Bomb, Rok-weiler, Medicine, Invisible sun, Deathray (ok, I am not a fan of TDIME).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:14 am
GruntGruntPosts: 5Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:29 pm
I feel this is one of those tracks that sound a bit empty on record, but live would rock with Maxim shouting all over :)

Also get ready for the inevitable LH reamped remix with raised BPM, added breakbeats,
and the cool part from the end put at the beginning ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Liam said that he wanted to write and release downtempo tune so he did it. This is 3 months before the album just to cook and spice things up a little. Next single will probably be close to the release and its gonna be proper trio tune, Keith or Maxim on vocals or both. We heard only 2 tracks, unfinished resonate which is good and finished need some1 which is better than live version. So resonate is probably different on album. It wont be single Liam said that. So its probably be a track we never heard before. Be patient.

About ns1. It is a good track, when I first heard it I jumped and danced to it on repeat for three days, it works :D But I thought is gonna be a b-side on a single. To sum it up ns1 is a good track and I like it but not single material. But If I must say Liam had better choices but instead he picked nasty to be first single on TDIME.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:45 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 239Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:51 pm
Shite

Liam could make a tune out of him sampling his own farts and some of you would be ranting and raving about how it’s “the bomb”. Delusional

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:57 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
Cabalist wrote:
Shite

Liam could make a tune out of him sampling his own farts and some of you would be ranting and raving about how it’s “the bomb”. Delusional

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:19 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
HSVV wrote:
so yea, objectively is godawful, plastic for modern edm-jugend, repetitive, nothing special, bit retarded, bit funky, bit dope, just about enough to make the bouncing retards want to snort cocaine and do some stupid stuff.

subjectively - I don't give a shit, cuz I'm raping the replay button over and over again, hip-hop beat apocalypse, makes the blood pump properly. I guess a fanboy stays a fanboy for all eternity.

on o scale of 14 I'd give it an 88 / 14 for now.

Maybe this will change ur mind :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlfPHAOB1wV ... dzyha10pa2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Cabalist wrote:
Shite

Most people tend to start making excuses for things they like, love or even for things they're getting familiar with.
The same rule applies in music too and it's a part of what we call psychoacoustics.

Some people will do it more, some people will do it less. This is a Prodigy forum, not a sound engineering forum mate. Relax.

Last edited by Darkwave on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:45 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
Album version > video version. Not unnecessarily long.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:03 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
Moon wrote:
Album version > video version. Not unnecessarily long.

Agreed. Video is dope though

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:26 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
I'm loving this track since my first listen.
I do prefer the Video version, though. I especially love it that the slow psychedelic part in the middle is longer than on the single version.

I'm quite curious, though, why they've chosen this one as a first single. I've read somewhere that Liam said that No Tourists is a band album with mostly Keith and Maxim on vocals and only 1 or 2 collabs. Makes one think that Need Some1 ain't an obvious pick for first single. I'm not complaining, though. I'm loving it. I got the Video version on auto repeat in my car stereo. :Firestarter:

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Cabalist wrote:
Shite

Have you smelled my farts after cold milk? NUCLEAR BOMB! Still they sound better than your crying! :evilflame:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:56 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Cabalist wrote:
Shite

Have you smelled my farts after cold milk? NUCLEAR BOMB! Still they sound better than your crying! :evilflame:

Liam Howletts fart sounds better than most (not all, some are surprisingly good giving me hope of humanity) of the top mainstream releases and singles nowadays.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:03 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
Im surprised by how divisive this tune is on here. For me it has everything I love about a Prodigy track and is better than most stuff on the last album. Its a welcome return to the hip hop beats and I love the stranglers peaches riff that It cheekily references. Yeah its short and relatively simple, but it works like that. It feels aerodynamic, no drag or uneccesary parts. I'll wait and see with the rest of the album but I like the general direction so far.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:15 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
dirtyRotter wrote:
Im surprised by how divisive this tune is on here. For me it has everything I love about a Prodigy track and is better than most stuff on the last album. Its a welcome return to the hip hop beats and I love the stranglers peaches riff that It cheekily references. Yeah its short and relatively simple, but it works like that. It feels aerodynamic, no drag or uneccesary parts. I'll wait and see with the rest of the album but I like the general direction so far.

You nailed it. Perfect. Thank you.