<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Need Some1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
NEOREV wrote:
The past is over. Forget about Trigger and Nuclear.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:29 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
climbatize wrote:
I'm going to bed. And tomorrow, on the way to work, I WILL NOT LISTEN to this new shit. I'll listen Skrillex - All Is Fair in Love and Brostep with Ragga Twins for example, something worked, with talent and soul.

Cool story bro.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:38 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
climbatize wrote:
It is incredible and outrageous. Let this song come out and do not release others as trigger or nuclear, or warning, or so many others ...

The song could be done by anyone with some talent and ableton. Repetitive, short, the synthesizer sticks in my ear ...

A song of mine, with any samples of prodigy. It pisses in need some1, but of course it's Liam's trash

https://soundcloud.com/awol-howlett-939 ... eat-josemi

........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:12 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
climbatize wrote:
listen Skrillex ..for example, something worked, with talent and soul.

:ROFL: :rofl1:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:34 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Anghami is a middle eastern version of Spotify.

I presume 'Need Some1' isn't available on Anghami as it isn't on Spotify or TIDAL.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
If this version doesn’t match the next live performance of need some 1, it can be a rework

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:39 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Feeling really weird by this. Why is there no official word about it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:12 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 411Location: BelgiumJoined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm
I really like it, defenitely has the prodigy vibe in it, but I also feel a bit weird that there is no official word about it...

and it does not sound like a single or anything close to album quality, it reminds me alot of the lost beats, very cool but not 100% finished tunes!

But that doesn't keep me from listening over and over to it :)

Also a very cool story: I have managed to train my girlfriend's ears after 10+ years together, she immediately recognized it as a prodigy tune when I played it without telling her anything. I feel so proud right now

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:30 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
It's dope. But not very impressive as a single. Thought it needs vocals and maybe a cooler melody.
Production is nice.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
The glass break effect, the screams, the evil guitar.... sweet. <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:31 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
After listening the track for descent amount of times (50+), trying to judge it fair and not by hype or disappointment, here is what I think, I ll start with the negatives:

- First of all its too short in my opinion. It doesn't have to be 5 minute, but 2.45? Meh...
- From the 2.45, total 1 minute of it in parts, its a bit monotone for my ears. The intro and the bridge thing. Feels its too simple, repetitive, needs some extra layers, or rework something.

+ The other 1.45 though, I am feeling to express energy, to break things, dance and smash my head Keith style. Its what made me Prodigy fan (Jilted and beyond). The beats. Power.
+ Overall I like it. Hearing it so different in a better way than live youtube clips made me having hopes that L has some things to show us.

If someone put it in my headphones, without me knowing what is this and from who, would my mind be blown away? Does yours? For me certainly not, but I would recognize for sure that this is Liam.
On the other hand guys, nothing beats nostalgia. I have prepared myself some years ago that I will not feel again like Jilted or Fat era. So I m glad with what I have. No high expectations, no disappointment.

Also hoping that the bombs haven't dropped yet.

PS. Respect the band and BK. Don't publish links.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 76Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm
I should copy paste the post above to remind myself that I'm not the only one with that feeling, and tbh its not a bad feeling :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Yup, I'm pretty much in line with what ExCiZieR said.

Especially on the shortness of it.

I think this is either a b-side or a future album track, but this can't be a full blown single.

It's probably a digital download teaser that's going to precede some kind of announcement.

If it turns out to be a full album announcement for this year, it will be the first in a looooong time since two albums were released so close.

Good times!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:53 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
Where can I get the track?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
I like it, but I don't know if that's because it's nice to have a release after so long, ha. I don't think it's an album track, just something to help tide things over, hopefully!

The only things that would make it better for me personally would be a change to the arrangement and structure to lengthen it, but really I feel it's screaming out for some hip hop vocals on top of it.