<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Need Some1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:54 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 472Location: SK/HUJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm
I just came home from FEZEN, Székesfehérvár HU a smaller originally rock festival, where they played NS1 and Resonate no other new song. NS1 was fantastic live and I think the crowd liked the song too but it was short and as if Liam made some little mistake with the fill.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:26 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I was hoping an officially commissioned remix might have turned up on the streaming sites this week. Releasing the original track one week and then remixes in following weeks seems to be how other artists release tracks these days. I guess no remixes have been commissioned which is a shame. I've not listened to 'Need Some1' very much as I don't want to have played it out by the time the album comes out. I wouldn't have that issue with remixes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:08 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Liam needs to remix it in to something better.

I like the track on par with a b-side like Who U Foolin but as a (possible) album opener and single WTF??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:22 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
James Jupiter wrote:
I was hoping an officially commissioned remix might have turned up on the streaming sites this week. Releasing the original track one week and then remixes in following weeks seems to be how other artists release tracks these days. I guess no remixes have been commissioned which is a shame. I've not listened to 'Need Some1' very much as I don't want to have played it out by the time the album comes out. I wouldn't have that issue with remixes.

I'm also surprised that no limited 12" (with some remixes), a single sided 7" or promo cd's have been made supporting this release. I hate the digital thing very much.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:54 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
I'm also surprised that no limited 12" (with some remixes), a single sided 7" or promo cd's have been made supporting this release. I hate the digital thing very much.

I presume record companies don't bother with physical promos these days. They'll just send a link of the digital file/s to radio stations, DJs, etc.

The 'Nasty' and 'Wild Frontier' singles didn't get a physical release (apart from on the 'HMV exclusive EP'). The days of physical release singles are more or less over.

The majority consume music via Spotify/iTunes/TIDAL/etc. Physical format music is a niche market now.

In theory an advantage of a digital only release would be you don't have to wait long after creating some music to release it (as no CD or Vinyl needs to be made) but that's not how Liam operates.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:06 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
LongmanPL wrote:
"The new clip Prodigy inspired me to create this cover. In my work, I tried to convey the hurricane energy of the creative work of the British collective."

https://www.behance.net/gallery/6835408 ... eed-Some-1

Looks great. I would hang it on my wall ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:17 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

I presume record companies don't bother with physical promos these days. They'll just send a link of the digital file/s to radio stations, DJs, etc.

The 'Nasty' and 'Wild Frontier' singles didn't get a physical release (apart from on the 'HMV exclusive EP'). The days of physical release singles are more or less over.

The majority consume music via Spotify/iTunes/TIDAL/etc. Physical format music is a niche market now.

In theory an advantage of a digital only release would be you don't have to wait long after creating some music to release it (as no CD or Vinyl needs to be made) but that's not how Liam operates.

Well I have:

Nasty 1 track promo single: https://www.discogs.com/The-Prodigy-Nas ... se/6542891

2 Wild Frontier singles, one of them with 4 tracks, and 1 track with edit.
https://www.discogs.com/The-Prodigy-Wil ... se/7028864
https://www.discogs.com/The-Prodigy-Wil ... 5966?ev=rr

The Day is My Enemy 3 track single
https://www.discogs.com/The-Prodigy-The ... ter/790050

Ibiza 2 track
https://www.discogs.com/The-Prodigy-Fea ... ter/813884

and the shitty The Night is My Friend EP.

So there was physical singles, if you're willing to buy them overpriced, sadly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
I have the record store day of limited 7" of Ibiza spare if anyone interested ?
along with spare copys of the night is my friend in various formats

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:44 am
By physical release I meant a CD single rather than Promo CDs. Has there been a promo CD for 'Need Some1'?

Another 3 years has passed since 'TDIME' so I guess record companies sending out physical promos has reduced in that time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:53 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get singles in physical form. Liam said in march (Russian interview) that this isn't going to be like TDIME era, we're going to get physical singles. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:00 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 165Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm
Out of interest, Has the live version changed since the single release?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:01 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
RENEGEDD wrote:
Out of interest, Has the live version changed since the single release?

Yes, it's now the same as the single version.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 165Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm
Any vids? :evilflame:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:24 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 19Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:52 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
N4STY wrote:

Can't wait to see Need Some1 live. Finally a track where the melody manages to come through the wall of bass for everyone in the crowd, no matter where you're standing.

Offline Profile