<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:28 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 78Location: dublin irelandJoined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:15 pm
2nd of November better than nothing it’s Liam so I guess we should not expect anything less. Fuck it something to look forward to and maybe another single in advance

Cover art work is class and like the name Bring it :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:33 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm
Officially released on Spotify, I'm listening now. Confirmed 2:45 mins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:35 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
I want the cassette!!! Anyway I hope the cassette shell will be colored, because this stickered clear shell is very cheap looking.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:35 pm
Video released on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_U74eyB5o8 NOW!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:38 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
switchblade wrote:
2nd of November better than nothing it’s Liam so I guess we should not expect anything less. Fuck it something to look forward to and maybe another single in advance

Cover art work is class and like the name Bring it :twisted:

I'd expect a second single before the album. 3 and a half months would be a long time to go between 'Need Some1' to the album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
so the video is 3:20 not listened yet but is it differentt to whats on spotify ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:41 pm
Video version is same as single release except the bridge/breakdown has been edited, changes pitch more than on the released version, sounds a bit better I reckon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
just went to preorder one of the bundles postage prices are a bit much for my liking

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:43 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Great track, but screams for vocals! Liam said it's a very band album. So what's the point of releasing instrumental tracks?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:45 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 68Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm
damn, how many versions of the new album is there.... lol

Need to start saving for that super deluxe bundle.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:50 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Quote:
‘No Tourists’, has been written, produced and mixed over the last year by Liam Howlett in his studio in London’s Kings Cross. Though this is – Liam notes – “very much a band album”. Maxim and Keef Flint are very much present and correct, each supplying their legendary vocal skills on this, the Essex machine’s seventh studio record. Yes, there are one or two collaborators, but fundamentally this is the sound of the central Prodigy three, bringing their riotous sound to audiences old and new, two decades since they changed the face and sound of electronic music with epochal album ‘The Fat Of The Land’.

Expanding on the general shape of the project, Liam says: “this album is equally aggressive as the last records – but in a different way." A musician, songwriter and studio maestro, Howlett is as rigorous and righteously Up For It as he was when he formed his 28-years-young band. He explains that, as ever, the new songs “are built to play live. That’s the one thing that brings everything together. I couldn’t write this music unless it has that outlet on stage. That helps write the music. This is what I do it for: the live thing. And until we feel like we can’t do it, or the buzz goes, we won’t stop."

It’s that sense of do-or-die commitment that is reflected in the album title. “To us, ‘No Tourists’ is ultimately about escapism and the want and need to be derailed. Don’t be a tourist - there is always more danger and excitement to be found if you stray from the set path.”

https://theprodigy.tmstor.es/cart/produ ... 49&cur=GBP

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:52 pm
According to iTunes, No Tourist has 10 songs and track 1 is Need Some 1. Not sure about it as an album opener

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
It could be their shortest album ever at that rate, we'll have to wait and see when the track listing comes. Usually track lengths come some time after that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:58 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
What's the difference between '180g double vinyl' and ''Prodigy Store Exclusive' Clear Gatefold Double Vinyl' ?

Does anyone know?

Offline Profile WWW