<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:53 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1951Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
After all, this is an album that it cannot be bored, so I hard believe this is the best since TFOTL... So...

1. Jilted
2. Fat of the land
3. No Tourists
4. The Day
5. Experience
6. Invaders
7. Aono

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:45 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
scienideboy wrote:
Ok, here is my album review

Give me a signal - Wow, this one just blew me away. Vocal part reminds me of Jonny on PIL tracks. Instant classic. They need to be brave, and release this as a single with wicked video. 10/10

Overall, this is the best produced album since TFOTL, it doesnt sound compressed as AONO or IMD, or overproduced as TDIME. Production is raw, Liam needs to continue mixing tracks on his own.

Yesss! Totally agree.

Give me a signal is so fucking awesome :guns:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Νo review by Nightmare yet?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:58 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

1) NT is little better than he expected, he just can't review it. It will ruin his legacy.
2) He is collecting the bad things about the album, the repeating live setlists, when he has enough material, he will review it.
3) Like a true primadona, he teases his fans, building hype...and then he will drop it out of nowhere.

I vote the third :rofl:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:13 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
This album, except the unmentionable track 5, makes me realize how shitty, overproduced and forced the two previous albums are, specially TDIME.

I only skip one track from NT, Give Me A Signal is a monster of a tune, 100000 better than the turd that Wall Of Sound, sorry, Death was. I wish Keith never sings again in a Prodigy track.

No Tourists is an album that you can show people as I used to do in 97 when TFOTL was released and my mates also bought it. I even like Boom Boom Tap as a funny filler.

On the other hand, some tracks are a bit short, they leave me craving for more and 9 tracks are too scarce. I hope we get some physical single release with b sides and not those shitty remixes we have heard recently.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I have to be honest about No Tourists.
This is in my opinion their worst album, that doesn't mean it is bad. It just lacks of some structure in most of the trax.
No Tourists is structurally one of the most complete trax on the album. Resonate (which is my favorite) lacks of something in its structure.
Then there are trax which are not bad, but that just don't give that great sensations I had with some trax with previous albums.
Riffs taken in themselves are very good. I think to Light Up The Sky, We Live 4ever, Resonate and some others, but it sounds to me that sometimes Liam has been a bit lazy by structuring the trax.
Boom Boom Tap is just boring and repetitive.
I'm reevaluating some trax as Fight Fire With Fire and Champions Of London, about the which I'm not a fan, but they're growing a bit on me. There's anyway a problem of monotony in it.
Then there is a group of "ok trax", but nothing special, such as Need Some1, No Tourists (having a great structure, but having a sound that doesn't convince me 100%) and Give Me A Signal (about the which I love the main synth riff, but I don't fully appreciate the punk guitars).
After this, there is a group of 4 trax which recover this album, starting by the ace breakbeat- dance track TIme Bomb Zone.
Light Up The Sky is a very good song with nice leads.
We Live 4ever is just banging and keeps the old skool dance vibe alive!
And then Resonate about the which I spent too much words. :D
In conclusion, after having listened to this album several times, I still need more time to elaborate a final opinion.
Maybe past albums as Invaders, TDIME and AONO had weaker trax, but on the other side had a more defined sound.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:57 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
Was gutted to find the posters had sold out, then the better half confessed she'd got me a Timebomb Zone one! Intrested to know which poster/posters you all got? :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

1) NT is little better than he expected, he just can't review it. It will ruin his legacy.
2) He is collecting the bad things about the album, the repeating live setlists, when he has enough material, he will review it.
3) Like a true primadona, he teases his fans, building hype...and then he will drop it out of nowhere.

"the repeating live setlists" - not related to the new album / album review

Yeah, third option is good :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:38 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
Need Some1 - really nice track. like SMBU or IMD
Light Up The Sky - nice UFO song.
We Live Forever - reminds me some mix ofr Everybody In The Place
No Tourists - sample was taken from BGAT. anyway, nice track for some James Bond movie
Fight Fire With Fire (feat. Ho9909) - nice gansta track
Timebomb Zone - probably the best tune on the album, fuck yeeh!
Champions of London - amazing one, old, but new sound
Boom Boom Tap - Honey Boo Boo?
Resonate - Live version is better
Give Me A Signal (feat, Barns Courtney) - Give Me A Signal of what?

anyway. this album more interesting than previous album

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

:rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
The Fat Of the land 10/10
Music For the Jilted Generation 9.5/10
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned 8.5/10
Experience 8/10
The Day Is My Enemy 7/10
Invaders Must Die 6.5/10
No Tourists 6.5/10

I don't have the full picture of No Tourists yet.It was a 7.0/10 when i first heard it and i feel it's gonna end up close to 6/10 but i can't be sure.

Rating tracks individually is not that hard for me and i rarely change my mind but when it comes to full album ratings i definitely need my time. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:44 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Darkwave wrote:
Experience 8/10
The Day Is My Enemy 7/10
Invaders Must Die 6.5/10
No Tourists 6.5/10

I don't have the full picture of No Tourists yet.It was a 7.0/10 when i first heard it and i feel it's gonna end up close to 6/10 but i can't be sure.

Rating tracks individually is not that hard for me and i rarely change my mind but when it comes to full album ratings i definitely need my time. :lol:

I belive that rating albums based on average track ratings makes the most sense, as well as being the easiest way to rate them. I find album ratings like 10/10 and 6.5/10 both odd, because no album is perfect, not even TFOTL, while on the other hand a 6.5 would mean that most tracks on NT would be 6s or 7s, which I don't think is the case.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
n/a wrote:
Darkwave wrote:
Experience 8/10
The Day Is My Enemy 7/10
Invaders Must Die 6.5/10
No Tourists 6.5/10

I belive that rating albums based on average track ratings makes the most sense, as well as being the easiest way to rate them. I find album ratings like 10/10 and 6.5/10 both odd, because no album is perfect, not even TFOTL, while on the other hand a 6.5 would mean that most tracks on NT would be 6s or 7s, which I don't think is the case.

That's a fair question.
My average score of the tracks happens to be close to 6, so 6.5 is not that far but that's not always the case..
That is because the average score is very important but don't forget that it's still an average number...
It doesn't represent the full picture and by that i mean all the things that you don't take into consideration when you rate tracks individually..things like the number of the album tracks, the total length of the album and most importantly the "flow" of the album tracks and how it all works for you..

Anyway, if we sum everything up we'll end up in the replay value of the albums (hence my odd looking ratings)..
if your average ratings of the tracks always represent your album ratings, you better stick with it.
I just dont roll that way :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:24 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Darkwave wrote:
n/a wrote:
Darkwave wrote:
Experience 8/10
The Day Is My Enemy 7/10
Invaders Must Die 6.5/10
No Tourists 6.5/10

That's a fair question.
My average score of the tracks happens to be close to 6, so 6.5 is not that far but that's not always the case..
That is because the average score is very important but don't forget that it's still an average number...
It doesn't represent the full picture and by that i mean all the things that you don't take into consideration when you rate tracks individually..things like the number of the album tracks, the total length of the album and most importantly the "flow" of the album tracks and how it all works for you..

Anyway, if we sum everything up we'll end up in the replay value of the albums (hence my odd looking ratings)..
if your average ratings of the tracks always represent your album ratings, you better stick with it.
I just dont roll that way :)

Fair enough. It also seems that we have a different way of rating tracks. I would rarely mark a Prodigy track 6. In fact, the only album tracks I would rate lower than 7 are Need Some1, Ibiza, and Medusa's Path. For me, ratings of 5 and lower are reserved for genres like pop.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:49 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
1. FOTL
2. NT
3. TDMIE
4. AONO
5. IMD
6. Jilted
7. Exp