<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:44 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I don't mind Liam writing short tracks if that's how long he feels the track should be but as this album is 'only' 10 tracks it could be a very short album. I'm hoping it will be at least 45 minutes long.

trigger/nuclear wrote:
I hope the album will be short. The shortest albums are always the best and most bangers. I fukin hate long albums. The perfect lenght is 10 tracks with a maximum of 50 mins. But 40-45 mins are the best.

Most people love 'MFTJG' and that's a very long album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
I don't mind Liam writing short tracks if that's how long he feels the track should be but as this album is 'only' 10 tracks it could be a very short album. I'm hoping it will be at least 45 minutes long.

trigger/nuclear wrote:
I hope the album will be short. The shortest albums are always the best and most bangers. I fukin hate long albums. The perfect lenght is 10 tracks with a maximum of 50 mins. But 40-45 mins are the best.

I think it is lining up to what Liam and Maxim spoke 2 years ago about the possibility of doing EPs and not LPs anymore.
Maxim talked about "music hunger", which could be possible only releasing short albums with few trax. I think they 're just going through this line and it's ok.... However I would have extended a track as "Need Some1", not by repeating over and over the same riff, but what about the bridge? It lasts like 10 seconds or so. They chould have been bringing much more, maybe even with different beats specific for that part (the bridge is the part with those "melodic " synths in the middle).
Of course that's just my opinion.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:48 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Plain_John wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
oh yeahhhh maaaan this nu track Tribal is the dogzz bollox, Liam you're a god, release your farts with some beats man, oh man, this will rock the kids in the streets of Moscow, bangerzzzz

ah, it was written by a random internet musician...ouch ouch...so is it not then the best downtempo thing ever released since 3 kilos?

ha ha ha....x1000

:lol: :lol: :lol: spot on! some people om this forum have their heads in their asses :lol:
"oh no, it's not the prodigy? but I still like it" - pretty lame :lol:

Whats quite disappointing is people who makes a big show with others opinions. Ive seen it happen a few times and now im the victim too.

Should i hate the song instead? Well too bad, its one of my fav songs right now, a pity someone with talent had to copy the bands name. I just edited away 3 kilos line fast to not start any reaction, not because i dislike it less but i still got reactions out of it lol.

Well this is the last message about this from me, im here to talk about the new album.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:34 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
James Jupiter wrote:

trigger/nuclear wrote:

To be fair, it's dragging. Though I learned to love (almost) all of its tunes, I feel a couple less would make it a tighter entry.
People appreciate Jilted but might have appreciated a more precise version of it even more.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
James Jupiter wrote:

trigger/nuclear wrote:

I find a few tracks on Jilted work better in their edited form... Break & Enter, Their Law, Voodoo People, etc. I love the album, but they could have fit the full length One Love or Rhythm Of Life on the album with a few edits. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:26 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
The beauty of modern technology means you can make your own track list. If you want to have edits, remixes or alternate tracks instead of the original tracks you can. I'm still happy the original was released.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:06 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
4ever2mind wrote:
3:19??? Mmm

Electronic_Punk® wrote:
4ever2mind wrote:
3:19??? Mmm

Yeah mate, it also made me go meh. Liam has been struggling in the the last years to write 3-5 minute long tracks.

Ibiza - less than 3 minutes
TDIME with Dope DOD - less than 3 minutes
Need Some1 - less than 3 minutes
IMD Re-amped - less than 3 minutes
AWOL (Strike One) - less than 3 minutes

I'm afraid that this will be their shortest album.

Liam said in an interview 2-3 years ago that he's having problems writing a track more than 3 minutes.

well, there is always the possibility that both, Need Some1 and the more than likely upcoming Track 2 are single edits with their short versions being currently the only published time, so that albeit already linked to the album tracklist, the listed timing may be wrong.

That being said, Liam has indeed lost his ability to write long tracks. It has been apparent ever since the live debut of awol and dogbite in 2011. Every new live track has been sounding like a short demo rather than a full blown track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
So picking 5 short tracks he has done meanwhile a good chunk of TDIME album was 4 minutes or longer and even most of IMD had 4-5 minute long tracks somehow turns into Liam cannot write longer tracks. Anyone can cherry pick a few tracks to make it like Liam can't write a track longer than 3 minutes. Just because something is 3 minutes doesn’t mean it's not a full track. Go talk to some punk rock bands. The obsession with track length is ridiculous. Who cares about track length, I care about the track being good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:45 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
The point is that he's been writing shorter track post IMD. Punk rock is something entirely different and it's usual for them to write a two minute track. Liam even said it himself in an interview 2-3 years ago that he has a hard time writing a song that's more than 3 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Too much emphasis on writing specifically for live these days imo.

Liam now likes the 'punching you in the face' with short punk rock tracks, I prefer my brain being melted a bit.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong thread :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Harbinger wrote:

Liam now likes the 'punching you in the face' with short punk rock tracks, I prefer my brain being melted a bit.

Same here

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:08 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 134Location: polandJoined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:35 pm
I Remember winter of 2008 , the journey to Liverpool Academy with my friend with no shirts , hah... i remeber also firrst play Omen that day , that was epic and wow!! exciment, few days after i remember sheffield gig and hospital first playing also epic and wow freeshh, these new tracks are like something missing inside, maby Liam is just OLD AND STRUGGLE , but for me PRODIGY IS still number 1 , fuck this, im goona buy new album , dont matter is good or shit I dont care.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:19 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Light up the sky will be released after tomorrow (Thursday) or the next Thursday :guns: who wants to bet?

Next thursday.
Come on guys, bet! Make money :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:18 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

Same here

I think that in the current reality, where the electronic music space is so crowded and artists get much less money than they used to from plays and sales - one way to make big money is by having a live show that isn't like any other and can draw crowds consistently.

So, to me, it makes sense to target the live show with the newer tracks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Hopefully with a short album there will be eps with many b-sides of it or remixes.