<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Smokey wrote:
Just a heads up that there will be an indie store exclusive vinyl for this release. Looks like it'll be purple colored vinyl.

good news for those who want something unique but don't want to pay the $16 in shipping from the store.

Yeah, there's that, was mentioned earlier in this thread.

I don't understand why you would order from the UK store when the CD and vinyl are available from Amazon and lots of other places where you wouldn't need to ship overseas

Unless you were referring only to the gatefold ?

Last edited by Harbinger on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:51 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
skhelllter wrote:
http://www.factmag.com/2015/01/17/the-prodigy-attack-safe-producers-and-fake-ibiza-djs-the-dance-scene-has-flatlined/

“The dance scene has flatlined and we’re the spike,”

...ok...

“Producers are too safe, they rely on being retro. It’s fucking bollocks. There’s no pushing forward any more.”

and you pushed forward by doing an album that sounded like your last one. And you got mediocre reviews.. again.

"their new song ‘Ibiza’, which features Sleaford Mods’ Jason Williamson attacking superstar DJ culture, was inspired by an experience on the island"

and there you go, Danny.

It does seem I mixed these two tracks up totaly. Cheers for the clarification.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
Smokey wrote:
Just a heads up that there will be an indie store exclusive vinyl for this release. Looks like it'll be purple colored vinyl.

good news for those who want something unique but don't want to pay the $16 in shipping from the store.

I am slightly confused :?

When the album release was confirmed two months ago, a few stores offered a limited violet vinyl edition of this album, and hmv.com offered a pink vinyl edition. But the hmv release is only for UK Customers, so not for international delivery available.

I asked hmv for international delivery some weeks ago, but they replied it is sadly not possible.

Now when I look at hmv.com I found out, that "International delivery available" is mentioned on the right side of the homepage, but there is no way to select another country at the check-out. AND they also changed the colour of the vinyl from pink to violet

So this is the same edition like in all the other stores and NOT hmv - exclusive ???

So I guess, there is no pink edition available ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:08 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
Any sign of an official tracklist yet?

Under a month away

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:10 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
tonyjaa wrote:
Any sign of an official tracklist yet?

Under a month away

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:16 am
GruntGruntPosts: 41Location: Outside the InsideJoined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm
Do you think maybe there will be like iTunes bonus tracks or exclusive tracks like that? Didnt they have a new track called 'Essex'? but its not in the track listing? maybe itll be a bonus track

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
shadow wrote:
Didnt they have a new track called 'Essex'? but its not in the track listing? maybe itll be a bonus track

Working titles that turn out to be called something else in the end, some samples, intros etc. make it into that list.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:57 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
tomorrow at 5pm
fight fire with fire!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bowjfmqh9-z ... 6d1s1dmdkb

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:56 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
It might be diverse album, some hip-hop, some punk, some rave, some acid,...
something like TFOTL so far

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 812Location: Illinois, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm
Flachcracker wrote:
Smokey wrote:

When the album release was confirmed two months ago, a few stores offered a limited violet vinyl edition of this album, and hmv.com offered a pink vinyl edition. But the hmv release is only for UK Customers, so not for international delivery available.

I asked hmv for international delivery some weeks ago, but they replied it is sadly not possible.

Now when I look at hmv.com I found out, that "International delivery available" is mentioned on the right side of the homepage, but there is no way to select another country at the check-out. AND they also changed the colour of the vinyl from pink to violet

So this is the same edition like in all the other stores and NOT hmv - exclusive ???

'

Sorry for the confusion. My good friend owns a popular indie record store in the states and let me know we are getting a 'purple vinyl' indie exclusive. That's all the pre-order says. So I had him order one because as previous posters pointed out: UK shipping is stupid expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
lakow wrote:

I don't hear punk anywhere, and so far it sounds nothing like FOTL.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:58 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Trawizz wrote:
lakow wrote:

I don't hear punk anywhere, and so far it sounds nothing like FOTL.

Deffo punky attitude in there. Simple, effective melodies, simple, effective lyrics, fast and breaky drums, all coated with this "I just don't care" smear.

FOTL was a different thing, though. It had punky moments but was musically diverse, it had atmosphere and depth.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:41 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Smokey wrote:
Flachcracker wrote:
Smokey wrote:

'

Sorry for the confusion. My good friend owns a popular indie record store in the states and let me know we are getting a 'purple vinyl' indie exclusive. That's all the pre-order says. So I had him order one because as previous posters pointed out: UK shipping is stupid expensive.

The photos of the "Clear Violet" vinyl look like pink vinyl to me: -

https://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/no-tourists

I guess the "Clear Violet" vinyl is the pink vinyl.

So the vinyl editions seem to be the "black" 180g double vinyl (not gatefold), the Prodigy Store exclusive "clear" double vinyl Gatefold and the "Clear Violet/Pink" double vinyl Gatefold (only available from independent record stores and HMV).

I'd prefer black vinyl (as it's 180g and I don't know if the non black vinyl is) but I want gatefold so I guess I'll have to buy the "Clear Violet/Pink".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
The tracks are so short on this album, it probably don't need to be released on 'double' vinyl.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:10 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 812Location: Illinois, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm
Antz wrote:
The tracks are so short on this album, it probably don't need to be released on 'double' vinyl.

It's double vinyl because 180g eats up way more space than a standard vinyl. They're always going to be doubles.