<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
Not seen this full write up about the album on here, sorry if it is and I've missed it :oops:

Link below as I can't copy/ paste the text.
http://www.ravejungle.com/2018/07/20/th ... sts-album/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:26 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Until we get the tracklist everything is possible. For exaple:

1. Need Some1
2. Trigger
3. Nuclear
4. Warning
5. No Souvenirs
6. Benny Blanco
7. Dogbite
8. Jetfighter

:evilflame:

Now this would be a fucking reward for the fans!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
I don't know why but Prodigy forums have always been very unfriendly with users who do not follow the dictates of a few...anyway.

In my opinion (forums are for sharing opinions I think) this track is way better than Nasty but it lacks many things. I'd summarize it in a few words: the "we live for the beats" and "I produce for the live thing" have killed The Prodigy in musical terms. Liam now only produces music for festivals, that's it. Even though we try to like it and we reassure our delusion reading others' opinions saying how bangin' and crafted his music is today we know that he's lost it.

I'd rather take a serious Liam Howlett solo album, without the punky-agressive-violent-fire thing than more of this. I insist, this track is not bad BUT...come on, he used to be much intelligent musically speaking than this, the live shows have spoilt his music.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:44 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 235Location: EstoniaJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:

I'd rather take a serious Liam Howlett solo album, without the punky-agressive-violent-fire thing than more of this. I insist, this track is not bad BUT...come on, he used to be much intelligent musically speaking than this, the live shows have spoilt his music.

Yes, exactly what i think. When i saw "He explains that, as ever, the new songs “are built to play live" in description then i knew this album is not for me. I rarely listen TDIME or IMD these days, but first 4 albums are still constantly on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:01 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
I'm gonna keep asking this cause it's fucking my brain :

Where is the tracklist?

Aren't you people surprised or it's just me?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:03 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 17Location: St Nazaire - FranceJoined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Where is the tracklist?

Nah, i guess it's the basics today to unveil the tracklist later

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:08 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
ThoBos wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Where is the tracklist?

Nah, i guess it's the basics today to unveil the tracklist later

I see. Might also be BMG politics.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:17 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 42Location: SpainJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:52 pm
climbatize88 wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

Yes, exactly what i think. When i saw "He explains that, as ever, the new songs “are built to play live" in description then i knew this album is not for me. I rarely listen TDIME or IMD these days, but first 4 albums are still constantly on.

Yes, exactly. With AONO he had to adapt some songs for live. It is clear that AONO is an album that is very difficult to take to live. However, IMD and The Day is the opposite. You can play all the tracks in a concert.

I think that if Liam sits in a studio with only the thought that his next record could be played full in a concert, it is being restricted and limited by himself.

Is it all for money? New album, new concerts with new songs to play ..

For example, the length of the songs, build to play live, you can never see a song like Speedway, 3 kilos, climbatize or phoenix because they would have to be rebuilt.

This causes the loss of creativity.

(sorry my English)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
climbatize88 wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:

Same. I'm sure a serious Howlett album will come at some point. But right now I think it's time to milk this live thing as much as possible. I assume most of their income comes from live shows anyway, sooo yes, the tracks need to be built to play live.

Need Some1 as an album opener tho. I do like it as a b side. Hmmmm. Then again, IMD as an opening album track was fucking horrendous compared to the rest of the album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:47 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
In their heyday a track like Need Some1 would be a neat b-side.

Now, it's a single release.. and the album opener.

er...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:01 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 111Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm
I'm not gonna judge a book by its cover. But what I see so far has me unimpressed. Everything we have so far is "meh" at best for me. Which is a first. But again, if its out I'll listen and THEN decide.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:32 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
The saddest thing is AWOL is a much better song, and it even ended up as a b-side. NS1 is such a little filler and it's a single. Seriously I don't understand the decides of Liam. It's a nice little song, but not as a single, and not even as an album opener. Oh, and Trigger, Nuclear, Warning, aka the best tracks of the Prodigy are still unreleased.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:59 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
This track is just as simple as Diesel Power would be without vocals. Does everybody like Diesel Power? (I do realize I could pick a better example, since Kool Keith does a great job there as well... NS1 kinda begs for a hip-hop vocalist, but then, we'd moan we have no instrumental version probably xD) My point is, they wanted something short and simple. I'll be worried if every track on the album is around 3 minutes. Let's see what Liam can do these days when he decides to not overdo things for a change.

As for moaners and those who moan about them... everyone is entitled to his own opinion, and it's also normal (I don't say it's good) some of more religious fans will be angry at the band if it doesn't deliver what they wanted, so let's give them a break, they're just disappointed. I got what I wanted so far and my hopes are high.

I can't say whether I am surprised there is no tracklist, but surely it makes sense to reveal it as late as possible. Keep as much under wraps as you can. You should also expect no new tracks live at all until the release of a new single, and the album will not be likely to leak unless fucking iTunes makes it available earlier again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Does anybody know what does their BMG contract stipulates in terms of number of albums the band should put out?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:33 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
sado1 wrote:
This track is just as simple as Diesel Power would be without vocals. Does everybody like Diesel Power? (I do realize I could pick a better example, since Kool Keith does a great job there as well... NS1 kinda begs for a hip-hop vocalist, but then, we'd moan we have no instrumental version probably xD) My point is, they wanted something short and simple. I'll be worried if every track on the album is around 3 minutes. Let's see what Liam can do these days when he decides to not overdo things for a change.

As for moaners and those who moan about them... everyone is entitled to his own opinion, and it's also normal (I don't say it's good) some of more religious fans will be angry at the band if it doesn't deliver what they wanted, so let's give them a break, they're just disappointed. I got what I wanted so far and my hopes are high.

I can't say whether I am surprised there is no tracklist, but surely it makes sense to reveal it as late as possible. Keep as much under wraps as you can. You should also expect no new tracks live at all until the release of a new single, and the album will not be likely to leak unless fucking iTunes makes it available earlier again.

I am not going to hear any new tunes from (potentially) forthcoming tour until I have 12" in my hands !

Offline Profile WWW