Sure why not :-D
1. Fat
2. Experience
3. AONO
4. Jilted
5. No Tourists
6. The Day
7. IMD

I remember discussions after AONO where the community was terrified as to whether there is going to be a fifth album... or whether there should be a fifth one.
Three albums followed, all of them decent. We should be immensely grateful and most of us are.

But you know, like geese there is an imprinting thing going on with music, a sometimes irrational, incredibly strong bond between a person and a band/album/single. My imprinting phase is over, it was during the late 90ies till mid 2000s.

Therefore, anything past AONO never had a fighting chance which I believe is true for must of us here.

And a neutral opinion from someone who is not "imprinted" on the early albums?... show Experience to a millenial and they wouldn't know what to do with it :lol: (much like a casette tape).

Even though, had I have the possibility back then to listen to all seven albums at the same time, No Tourists would be much higher!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:36 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
as a 36y old that joined the train during Jilted at my 12ish:

1) Jilted or Fat
2) Jilted or Fat
3) NT
4) TDIME
5) IMD
6) EXP
7) aoNO!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:39 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
people are rating Experience way too low....

That's a classic record.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:06 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
people hating IMD too much. That is the one record that truly incorporated all the styles from before (except the full throttle style tracks from jilted which can be left out anyway) and is one of the only tracks post FAT with classic prodigy tunes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Jr wrote:
people hating IMD too much. That is the one record that truly incorporated all the styles from before (except the full throttle style tracks from jilted which can be left out anyway) and is one of the only tracks post FAT with classic prodigy tunes.

IMD truly sounds like a "best of" Prodigy compilation. Great album.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:14 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same thing with 'waiting for the new prodigy album' :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:36 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Since everyone is doin it:
1. Experience - All tracks perfect
2. Jilted - All tracks perfect, but One Love should have been full...
3. Fat - Serial Thrilla i skip...
4. No Tourists - 50% Great. Signal / Timebomb / LUTS / We Live Forever / NT
5. The Day - 40% Great. Destroy / The Day / WF / GYFO / Rebel Radio
6. Invaders - 30% Great. Thunder / Hospital / IMD
7. A.O.N.O. - If updated, it would have been on 4th place on the album list, but the official album sounds like a demo. I do love Girls, Medusa's Path & Phoenix.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:41 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
I've now given NT a third listen. When it's bad it's absolutely horrendous (FFWF, NS1) - so many skippable tracks. But there are some earworms in there (Timebomb Zone) and WLF is a classic.

But rating the albums in order. I've done this so many times and it often changes based on mood, but right now....

*TOTP music*

IINNN seventh:

No Tourists. There's no competition here. It's the Prodigy's turkey, the worst album - in itself it's not completely horrible but there's just too little great stuff and too much average or worse. Just one truly killer track (which is only an 8 for God's sake) is way below where they normally are.

6th:

AONO:

It has a fair number of killers (Spitfire, Medusa's Path, Shootdown to name three) but the three of them fell out and it shows. Too much experimental and not enough of M&K's influence. And some absolutely minging tracks (Phoenix, Action Radar)

5th:

FOTL:

I love Breathe and Narayan, but the problem with this album is it was a victim of its own success. SMBU and FS are absolutely boring now - overexposed despite being amazing tracks and one could argue that it was the start of Keef's vocal's, which have divided us fans. Still, some epic tracks in here and it woke the world up to how good this band were.

4th:

Jilted:

Their defining album. It crossed boundaries and had a lot of old-school killer rave tracks, while they pioneered new sounds too, but it's probably the one I listen to the least. I do love this album, but not as much as others.

3rd:

Enemy:

This isn't a hugely popular album but for me it's full of rocking fat beats, epic big angry tracks and while Rhythm Bomb and Ibiza are bastard children, when this album is good, it's unreal - Enemy, Destroy, Rebel Radio. It's Prodigy in their purest form but mature.

2nd:

IMD:

Yes, really. For me, Thunder temporarily, when I first heard it, made me believe in God. This track is unbelievable and up there as one of their best ever. It's a crying shame they grunge it up into a mess for the live shows. And otherwise WoF is huge, even if the album version isn't quite the best one, while Beyond the Deathray is the most intense Prodigy track of all time. It's a painfully underated album.

1:

Experience:

This defines old school. It's got tonnes of brilliance, and even the 'weaker' tracks like Your Love and.... yeah that's the only one really, are still great. Even the weaker album mixes of EITP and Fire are still decent, but when it gets good Jericho, Out of Space, Weather Experience and Hyperspeed? It's just staggering. It created this band - it created part of me.

This defined Electronica music and it is a genuine masterpiece.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:42 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
copy and paste from another topic that nobody's lookin at :)

I finally made my mind about this

1. Jilted 10 (best fuckin electronica album ever, masterpiece, one of the best in the history of music)

2. Fat 9,3 (smack, firestarter and breathe are tracks that defined the 90's, last track was a bit disappointing, if they had included One Man Army it would have been a 9,9)

3. Experience 9,2 (best hardcore album from the golden era, no point in including the original versions of Charly of Everybody because by late 92 that 91 sound was dated).

4. No Tourists 8 (much better than expected, still need to listen to it more. FCWC is one of the worst of their discography)

5. AONO 7,7 (this album has bollocks but it has a laptoish feel. It was hard to make a sequen to Fat. Some fillers are very "fillers"...Phoenix???).

6. IMD 7,5 (it hasn't aged well for me. Too much Maxim and Keith. I used to like it more, Run is awful).

7. Enemy 7 (Nasty nasty???? shut up man!. Destroy, WF and specially Medicine are cool whereas Rok W and Rhythm Cock are really trash).

ps- this album is has a different personality from the previous two, which were twins. At least each track has its flavour. FFWF aka FCWC is worst than listening to Rita Ora, Abba Teens and Mark Owen's first album all together.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:50 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
copy and paste from another topic that nobody's lookin at :)

I finally made my mind about this

1. Jilted 10 (best fuckin electronica album ever, masterpiece, one of the best in the history of music)

2. Fat 9,3 (smack, firestarter and breathe are tracks that defined the 90's, last track was a bit disappointing, if they had included One Man Army it would have been a 9,9)

3. Experience 9,2 (best hardcore album from the golden era, no point in including the original versions of Charly of Everybody because by late 92 that 91 sound was dated).

4. No Tourists 8 (much better than expected, still need to listen to it more. FCWC is one of the worst of their discography)

5. AONO 7,7 (this album has bollocks but it has a laptoish feel. It was hard to make a sequen to Fat. Some fillers are very "fillers"...Phoenix???).

6. IMD 7,5 (it hasn't aged well for me. Too much Maxim and Keith. I used to like it more, Run is awful).

7. Enemy 7 (Nasty nasty???? shut up man!. Destroy, WF and specially Medicine are cool whereas Rok W and Rhythm Cock are really trash).

ps- this album is has a different personality from the previous two, which were twins. At least each track has its flavour. FFWF aka FCWC is worst than listening to Rita Ora, Abba Teens and Mark Owen's first album all together.

I think you're being too harsh on Fight Fire with Fire, to compare it with Rita Ora and Mark Owen is too much. The beats are great but the chorus annoys me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:43 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Perhaps some people have a different way of rating albums, but for me it's an average of the track ratings. I don't believe anyone could argue that there is an album where every single track is a 10/10. For example, only half of the Jilted tracks are definite 10s.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:36 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
1 - Jilted
2 - Experience
3- FOTL

7 - AONO

The other three I can't decide what order to put them in!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

For posts like this one ,I want to be your wife in this life and your eternal slave in the next one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
01 The Fat Of The Land
02 Music For The Jilted Generation
03 No Tourists
04 Experience
05 Invaders Must Die
06 The Day Is My Enemy
07 Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

The only Prodigy album that I can honestly say that I do not listen to in full is AONO, which is half amazing tracks and the rest skippable tracks. It loses steam around Medusa's Path. Any other Prodigy album, I can throw them on at any time and listen to them from to back, and have done so repeatedly, but with AONO I tend to lose interest during the last third of the album. It does start out strong, but is their weakest album for me.