<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:43 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
gcx wrote:
nucleartitan wrote:
AONOn was not that bad it is depicted. The only part the puts the album in a bad light are the tracks starting from 9 to 11 (Phoenix, You'll be Under My Wheels and The Way It Is), otherwise the rest of the album is a very good one with some peaks (Spitfire, Hotride, Action Radar, Wake Up Call).

Yeah exactly. I've skipped those 3 so often that I can barely diffentiate them now. Well except for The Way It Is because it gets repeated so often, but you get my point.
Imagine if AONO had had Nuclear, Trigger and BGAT instead? And maybe Warning, although that one came out after didn't it...? I'm not sure anymore.
And I would have replaced Girls with More Girls (keep Girls as a b-side because it's still good).

Phoenix and The Way It Is are terribly weak tracks. They are slowing down the album very much. AONO would be a perfect 10 track album without those 2 tracks. And of course Nuclear, Trigger and BGAT should be on it! They are my all time 3 fave Prodigy tracks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:09 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Fakin ill wrote:
I have my own playlist of AONO v2: 1 Spitfire 05. 2 Memphis Bells Instrumental. 3 More Girls. 4 Ghost Town. 5 Babys Got A Temper. 6 Back 2 Skool. 7 The Prodigy website beats break. 8 Razor. 9 Under My Wheels. 10 Shadow. 11. Hotride (El Batori Mix). 12 Shadow. 13 Who U Foolin. 14 Warning. 15 Wake The * Up.
And i prefer it over the original AONO.

Also made my own Added Fat EP after the disappointment that we didnt get an expanded The Fat Of The Land: 1 Molotov B*tch. 2 The Trick. 3 No Man Army 4. Diesel Power (Remix). 5 Headrock Dub 6. Funky Shit (Edit). 7 Breathe (Instrumental) 8. Firestarter (Instrumental)

Hopefully this era will have added EP and b-sides. 10 tracks and the first one is 2:45, kinda short. Fat also had 10 but the tracks were really long. I honestly think some version of Souvenirs will be on the album, i mean its about hating on tourists so i guess they wont get any of it. Resonate is also something i look forward to. Boom Tap will propably be on it remixed or redone, i swear i heard Boom Tap or an early version of it before The Day got released somewhere.

Seems like you changed it, just for changing it, since you even took the (in my opinion) shitty tracks aswell. I understand Spitfire 05 though, but why not The Way It Is (Live Remix)? Why not scrap Under my wheels totally? Well off topic anyway.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
I just realised that with this album the tradition of not having a Keith or Maxim opening track on any Prodigy album continues.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:11 pm
Prodigal Son wrote:
Yeah AONO is most original album of the second part of prodigy albums. GCX I somehow cannot agree with you about girls being replaced by more girls. Girls and Bgat maybe best production and best tracks from `00 the prodigy. We will see what new album will bring us, but AONO 2 thats the sound I want.

But I think Liam will deliver this one. He put so much effort in this one, more than 2 previous albums. Thats the impression I made by comments of Liams daughter and wife.

Girls yeah, but then it should have been the first version of BGAT. That one was dope.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:13 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
By first version of BGAT, do you mean this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmzkPRWMKw
I like the final one better. If it's not that one, please tell me which one it is, because I've never heard it.
Speaking of BGAT, besides that infamous Firestarter sample (what the fuck were they even thinking...?) and those wack as fuck lyrics (the epitome of forced controversy), it's a damn good track.
Howlett should have owned it, he should have reworked it to get it rid of those flaws and put it on AONO.
Nuclear was alright in a Firestartery-nonsence kind of way, that could have been the real good Keith track on AONO.

Here's to hoping that No Tourists will have better lyrics. Even the spider from Hospital cringes when it hears "fuck you and your heart attack".

Liam, give us sped up samples for fuck's sake!
He might just as well use the Keiths' live blabbering and use those as sped up samples, there real band album now.

Seriously, I'm expecting better layering from No Tourists, Need Some1 is a bit tame in that respect (hence why I consider it b-side material). IMD and TDIME were pretty great in that respect.

And some1 please shove Keep The Sunlight Out riff in his face again and again until the rohypnol fades off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:01 am
Yes, the hip hop beats works much better and the guitar part
aswell. My opinion. Lyrics better on final though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
gcx wrote:
By first version of BGAT, do you mean this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmzkPRWMKw

Never knew that there was another version,thanks bro :bow:

gcx wrote:
I like the final one better.

Much better epecially the instrumental! bgat is my favourite track.

gcx wrote:
(hence why I consider it b-side material).

Well although i disagree just 4 you ill accept that its a b-side track but from the better ones. :angel:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:24 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
One of my all time favourite tracks is Rhythm Of Life and it's a b-side, so it's not a bad thing.

I feel that Need Some1 is a bit lacking in the production value department, but it's a good track non the less.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
What's with the album title? :evilflame:

And am I the only one who thinks the synth and guitars on the new single sound weird?
I'm looking forward to the new album, and I'm as excited as the next cunt, but wtf? :guns: :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:59 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Lectro wrote:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/07/ ... eed-some1/

Quote:
That “gung-ho” attitude is reflected in the LP’s title. “To us, ‘No Tourists’ is ultimately about escapism and the want and need to be derailed,” Howlett continued. “Don’t be a tourist — there is always more danger and excitement to be found if you stray from the set path.”

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:14 pm
Lectro wrote:

And am I the only one who thinks the synth and guitars on the new single sound weird?
I'm looking forward to the new album, and I'm as excited as the next cunt, but wtf? :guns: :twisted:

Well, it's the lyrics from Brother Culture on Nasty.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:01 pm
Trawizz wrote:
Lectro wrote:

Well, it's the lyrics from Brother Culture on Nasty.

https://www.qthemusic.com/articles/the- ... 46-preview

Quote:
“It’s just something in me. This is the only type of music I can write,” he explains. “It’s just what has to happen. I’m not a tourist. I don’t fucking go out. I don’t want to see shit. I just love writing music.”

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:09 pm
Limited Edition Clear Violet Vinyl (available from HMV and Indie record shops) looks like this: -

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:23 pm
Anyone now which place is the cheapest to pre-order? I think Amazon.co.uk, but they don't expect the arrival before november 8th though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:39 pm
I always buy from the official store. Don't care if it ends up being more expensive, this way the money goes more directly to the band. Don't know for sure if that's really a fact though.