<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:31 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
tonyjaa wrote:
Just remembered he was rumoured/supposed to be doing a Collab with Orbital too

Yeah, I remember too. If it had happened, that would have been epic.

Orbital Facebook account posted an old photo of the two Hartnoll brothers, Keith and Liam together (I think it was from Tribal Gathering 1995) with the text "LOOK WHO WE FOUND WHILE WALKING IN THE ESSEX WOODLAND. THEY ASKED TO BORROW OUR MATCHES, DUNNO WHAT FOR.."

https://www.facebook.com/OrbitalOfficia ... 62/?type=3

It was a big leap to take that to be a possible collaboration.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:50 am
James Jupiter wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

So you've had problems with them? Looks like The Prodigy are trusting them to do those auctions for charity. I'm tempted by that £35 CD, Vinyl and Tape offer. Free postage is the big draw. I'll wait until close to release before I decide where to buy due to last time when HMV announced the remix EP with TDIME around a week before release day.

Not me personally, but quite a few people have told me they've had to wait ages for delivery and then the wrong thing turned up so because of that I avoid them.

It could be it's just a few isolated cases like any store is not 100% perfect but bit too many for me to risk it.

Well you were correct. The Ebay listing said "Your order will be despatched 4 days before release on 02/11/2018". Here we are on release day and I haven't even had an email to say they've even posted it yet. According to eBay "Estimated delivery Fri, 02 Nov - Tue, 06 Nov". Piss poor situation. These companies know people want stuff on release day when they've preordered. I took the risk knowing if it was late I'd be able to hear the album on streaming services. Saved myself £12 in postage anyway (if it ever turns up).

ZOOM.CO.UK web site is owned by Universal Pictures with its parent NBCUniversal International Limited. At least it's a big company so I doubt they've stolen my money.

Still haven't received my order and had no email about it so I rang them. Apparently the order is held as there is a problem with the cassette. They say they were told the wrong barcode for the cassette so it was wrong in their system. That's why they can't send my order (and presumably any other orders which include the cassette). How long does it take to sort that? I told the guy they should have contacted people and he agreed. I 'should' get the order by the end of next week, if not he said call them again. What a joke.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
@JamesJupiter I ordered the CD yesterday when you posted that cheaper Amazon link and have just put the CD on to play :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Crystal Fist wrote:
In the NT booklet, in the thanks part, there is this: "KEEF SAYS - NO THANKS".
Strange shit.

Nice. :-D

That's the equivalent of saying "I do not salute you, you know who you are". Sounds like something I could have said. Wait, I think I just did. :angel:

I still haven't received my CD, it will arrive only in december. :shock:
Seems Amazon didn't stack up enough albums for North America, which might be a sign that they expected it to bomb and that it's selling much more than expected. That or NEOREV bought all of them again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:20 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm
w0rlds0nf1r3 wrote:
TheProdigyFanboy.com wrote:

awesome idea to play TBZ at encore part, track has that "close the night with a bang" thing about it, great idea from guys, Out of Space no longer needed

but my fav tune for lives is Champions, intro is just pure evil and is kind of crazy how hard it gets, sawtooth riffs never get old and they seem to really get the crowd going

Yeah it hits really hard!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:25 pm
Harbinger wrote:
@JamesJupiter I ordered the CD yesterday when you posted that cheaper Amazon link and have just put the CD on to play :shock:

And people wonder why other shops go out of business and Amazon succeeds (although when Amazon have no competition left they'll do what they want and no one can stop them).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:09 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
James Jupiter wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

And people wonder why other shops go out of business and Amazon succeeds (although when Amazon have no competition left they'll do what they want and no one can stop them).

almost no street retailers by now even in medium-sized cities. I'm waiting until the Japanese edition details are unveiled. If it's the same as the regular european release, I'll use amazon uk as always. It takes 4-5 days to arrive to the Canary Islands.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:34 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
I keep changing my mind on Champions of London.
The vocals don't seem so bad once you get used to them, lol.
If they had better vocals it'd be sooo good.
I love the mad scream used in the drop. Think it says "woooooowwww"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:39 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Rodigy wrote:
I keep changing my mind on Champions of London.
The vocals don't seem so bad once you get used to them, lol.
If they had better vocals it'd be sooo good.
I love the mad scream used in the drop. Think it says "woooooowwww"

Same here , it's grown on me a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Liam explained meaning of the lyrics of COL in that mixmag interview or NME. I think its nme.
Really dig the track. Dalston to Brixton.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:19 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 61Location: FranceJoined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm
What a mess these orders stories, really sorry for you, guys. This time, I decided not to order my records, and I did well. I never received my The Night Is My Friend CD, and I haven't been able to buy it since :x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
gcx wrote:
Crystal Fist wrote:
In the NT booklet, in the thanks part, there is this: "KEEF SAYS - NO THANKS".
Strange shit.

Nice. :-D

That's the equivalent of saying "I do not salute you, you know who you are". Sounds like something I could have said. Wait, I think I just did. :angel:

I still haven't received my CD, it will arrive only in december. :shock:
Seems Amazon didn't stack up enough albums for North America, which might be a sign that they expected it to bomb and that it's selling much more than expected. That or NEOREV bought all of them again.

I think that its more like Keith didnt care much. Ive seen him do this before, giving short comments or nothing and they have to write something over it, id say that people shouldnt overthink this, i dont think hes mad or anything.

Liam in the other hand is quite cute, i like how much he types, love this, love that, love all our fans, big <3 /LH Almost wana squish his cheek.

And Maxim is cool too but its usually a short line.

I got my CD album a few days ago. Not sure if its something wrong with the cover or its their style, i could barely see any detail, its so black :roll: I guess its because yeah, its popular, its outsold in some areas here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:21 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Can't believe how fuckin great is this album! It's nearly perfect from start to finish. This album feels like for me the banned AONO v1. Finally it's a real hard album not full of lightweight pop songs like Wild Frontier. And yeah, it's really like the proper follow up to FOTL.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:30 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
Give Me a Signal is in my top 5 Prodigy tracks I think. Fucking amazing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 5Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:36 am
Absolutely loved the album. I was very surprised when i saw all the negative reviews before the release. Album was worth the wait, and it is even better than the TDIME album. I would love to see some unreleased b-sides released along with upcoming singles. There is many songs, that could have been fit on the album, like jetfighter, no souvenirs etc. My personal favourite tracks are

1. No Tourists. This one has really grown on me. First time i didnt like it, but more i listen to it more i love it. Absolutely stunning atmospheric track. :007:

2. Resonate. This one surprised me. Sounds very cool from good speakers. This song has scifi vibe going on, and that distorted robotic voice sounds menacing. :bomb:

3. Give me a Signal. What a song, it's so different compared to typical Prodigy tracks. Everytime i listen to this song, i found something new from it. :cell:

Offline Profile