<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
This is simply the holy trinity of the Prodigy albums, the absolute classics, albums that define the band and what they are about>

1. The Fat of the Land (9/10 just because Fuel My Fire is a pure filler and a shit track)
2. Music For the Jilted Generation (9/10 - just because some tracks needed edits to shorten their length)
3. Experience (8/10)
----

The rest just follows as>

4. AONO (for being original, experimental, really good effort) 7/10
5. IMD (sounds like a best of album, it has all the ingredients of the classics) 8/10
6. NT (unexpected goodness) 7/10
7. TDIME (exhausting, pure violence and at times just too much - good effort non the less) 6/10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:08 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 27Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:41 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
I suppose these are people who became fans after listening to Baby's Got A Temper. Otherwise, I cannot explain it.

But that's a really good track. Replace Rohypnol with generic bullshit (see: 100000000 degrees, ATOMIC) and even the singing is salvageable. In the past I would have dropped the Firestarter riff, but we just got a little bit of Breathe on a track this year and TDIME straight-up recycled an IMD tune so... Maybe it was just poor timing to reuse it after such a long break.

The video is a weird misfire though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:55 am
GruntGruntPosts: 10Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:54 am
Fakin ill wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Fakin ill wrote:
Shove it? Where? I am propably deaf.

I can hear him say "cavalry" or "travelin" sped up? :shock:

Well who knows, its Keith after all, after his love for shovin it (Nasty lyrics) i wouldnt be surprised if he said that.

1.47 & 1.55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOG8cCYDt1k

:?:

It really sounds like hes saying "traveling" i can hear it more clearly at 3:21 but maybe its just me lol.

I am glad this song ends the album. Im used to people putting their worst crap in the last one but this.. the last part of this track.. imagine hearing that live.. he should remix the track with that part.

Surely it's "cavalry" like what Barns sings earlier on in the track. It kinda annoys me that I can only hear about half of the word though.

They need to play this live, it'd be incredible. I mainly bought a ticket to see them in Auckland in the hope they play Give Me a Signal live!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:49 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:06 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Yeah, it sounds like half the word is gone. Ive been watching lyrics around and people seem to skip that line on the lyric text.

This should have been their first single, i mean it got the Firestarter vibes on it.

The music video could be as i said, Barns and Keith stuck somewhere trying to get a signal with some Girls-videovibes on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:15 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
man gimme a signal is the worst track on the album, pure boring.

timebomb zone was the best single and they ought to have dropped it before the album

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Jr wrote:

timebomb zone was the best single and they ought to have dropped it before the album

Worse than Boom Boom Tap? Oh well :roll:

I like Timebomb Zone alot, i wish this track would have been like 8 minutes, it ends too fast. I dont understand why some tracks ends up so fast while they could have easily been extended. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:44 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
After listening to this album an insane amount of times I'd say my top 5 are:

Give Me a Signal
We Live Forever
Resonate
Timebomb Zone
Champions of London

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:58 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Fakin ill wrote:
Jr wrote:

Worse than Boom Boom Tap? Oh well :roll:

I like Timebomb Zone alot, i wish this track would have been like 8 minutes, it ends too fast. I dont understand why some tracks ends up so fast while they could have easily been extended. :cry:

well not cringie like ibiza but more like I just don't feel it at all :)

boom boom tap is actually a funny track. nice beats on it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 10Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:54 am
Jr wrote:

Boring? :lol:

Even more boring than NS1?!

At least Signal kinda has a varied structure.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
NEOREV wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
any news concerning Japanese release with bonus track(s)?

I have been following the Japanese label Hostess who release them and so far nothing. Their site says "Japanese version will be announced later."

Hoping they put together a tour edition type release and possibly include all of the remixes out. I'd love a bonus track or 2, of course.

I see No Tourists is up on Japanese digital stores, but no bonus tracks. Pretty odd that there is no CD in Japan, unless they're gonna tour there soon and release it then.

For some crazy reason in Japan it is cheaper to buy an imported CD than the official Japanese release CD. The bonus tracks on the Japanese CDs are an attempt to encourage the Japanese to buy the Japanese CD.

If Japan is anything like the rest of the world the record labels probably aren't too bothered about physical sales enough to produce a Japanese CD.

Actually Japan is the one country where CDs are still major sellers. But yeah, they have bonus tracks to entice people to buy within the country instead of importing cheaper copies.

Just 4 years ago, CD sales made up a whopping 85% of all music sales in Japan. It seems digital/streaming hasn't caught on there. Japan also has more music stores than anywhere else in the world. Just another reason to love Japan.

Globally, CDs/vinyl make up 39% of music sales where as in Japan the number is double that. It's become the second biggest music market behind the US. US, Japan, Germany, UK, France make up the top 5 (in that order).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcinty ... b09c46acc5

https://metropolisjapan.com/cds-still-big-japan/

https://qz.com/711490/why-japan-has-mor ... the-world/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:58 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Thanks to Japan, the new Ting Tings album is out on CD. Anyway Leeroy just remixed The Ting Tings! And the new electro punk album is as good as The Prodigy.

Blacklight - Leeroy Thornhill Dirty and Ruff remix:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3kikLZNhlu7ZkbbDQMIEFz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:30 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm
Plain_John wrote:
This is simply the holy trinity of the Prodigy albums, the absolute classics, albums that define the band and what they are about>

1. The Fat of the Land (9/10 just because Fuel My Fire is a pure filler and a shit track)
2. Music For the Jilted Generation (9/10 - just because some tracks needed edits to shorten their length)
3. Experience (8/10)
----

The rest just follows as>

4. AONO (for being original, experimental, really good effort) 7/10
5. IMD (sounds like a best of album, it has all the ingredients of the classics) 8/10
6. NT (unexpected goodness) 7/10
7. TDIME (exhausting, pure violence and at times just too much - good effort non the less) 6/10

I 100% agree with this

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:58 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Rodigy wrote:
After listening to this album an insane amount of times I'd say my top 5 are:

Give Me a Signal
We Live Forever
Resonate
Timebomb Zone
Champions of London

80% agreed! I would swap Champions (which is probably my least fav of the album) for No Tourists.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:00 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
I like every track, I don't use skip button during 37 mins session :)