<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm
Was thinking about this today, Keith sort of gets a free ride in the band now. By the sounds of it he and maxim don't have too much influence in the studio and vocals that he puts down are very simple and short. During gigs he just dances around and then screams down the mic for a couple of songs.

I might be wrong.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Jenko wrote:
Was thinking about this today, Keith sort of gets a free ride in the band now. By the sounds of it he and maxim don't have too much influence in the studio and vocals that he puts down are very simple and short. During gigs he just dances around and then screams down the mic for a couple of songs.

I might be wrong.

you are completely right, just took a ride in my Delorean and you should have seen the gigs from the early 90s, such a difference.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:06 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
Timebomb Zone vocal sample, check the minute 1:22:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1hrz7MK12Q

Probably some of you already mentioned it. If yes, I'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyY3fCXgvbU
Look here @ 0:00
@ 0:22
@ 4:48 :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
[quote="Flachcracker"][quote="NEOREV"][quote="Nightmare"][quote="Prodigal Son"][quote="Nightmare"]Image

Now it is signed by Liam Keith and Maxin 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:34 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 61Location: FranceJoined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm
About COL & Warning:

COL is excellent, I see the connection with Warning and RWTW. To choose, I prefer Warning with the lyrics, even if the lyrics are bad (it's the old Flint, those of RWTW are more appropriate now), it's still a fabulous track. The ultimate version for me is the one from the gig at Ozaka in 2004.

@gcx:

Cool mate ! FFWF is amazing. Basic in appearance, and of an unheard-of richness in its production. The vocal part is crazy, we find this huge concern of exigency in the album of Ho99o9. it seems completely natural to me that Howlett made a track with them.

In the NT booklet, in the thanks part, there is this: "KEEF SAYS - NO THANKS".
Strange shit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
ExCiZieR wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Bro where is your review?

Give me some time mate.

Your fans are waiting :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :angel:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 259Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 am
Timebomb Zone at Plymouth : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APoR2WiOn6o

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:22 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
I can't get Resonate out of my head!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:39 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Rodigy wrote:

Me neither, I Just love It. :angel:

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
UN wrote:
Jenko wrote:

I might be wrong.

you are completely right, just took a ride in my Delorean and you should have seen the gigs from the early 90s, such a difference.

He's always been like that. Keith feeds off of Liams tracks whatever they may be and offers lyrics which is how soem of the most iconic tracks from them have been made. Listen to Liam's interview on radio X and the previous podcast to mention just the recent ones. Sometimes that is what Liam needs to start work on a track or a new album. See what he said about IMD album, specifically Warriors Dance or TDIME album and Nasty as a track. Keith is fine as long as he does not dominate on any album and that is on Liam to solve.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Maybe it is just my opinion but i think he used Keith and Maxim TOO little on the latest album.

I know, i really dont want them to dominate the songs too but..

Give me a Signal is a perfect example of how their voice can be used. They could have been used in Boom Boom Tap, Resonate and I Need Some1.

Its sad that they have like the same time as Brother Culture (which i also like, he should join the band) and the guests Horror can sing a full song.

But hey, its Liam, its he who makes the songs from scratch. But from a fan, please use Keith and Liam a bit more, but like the "Give me a Signal" kind of more.

And this is not a personal attack on Keith or Maxims way of singing. I am talking about the way the music is. He could have hired one of the most popular singers in the world and i wouldnt stand the singer singing a full track. I want to hear the beats and tunes 90% of the time.
I can barely listen to Horror because of this. Id rather just have had "Hit rewind/everyone" repeated over and over.

Maybe its because i grew up with Jilted and thought Poison had a perfect way of using vocals.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:53 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
nucleartitan wrote:
Rodigy wrote:

Me neither, I Just love It. :angel:

Ye mannnnn

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 am
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
Just remembered he was rumoured/supposed to be doing a Collab with Orbital too

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:18 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 171Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 pm
TheProdigyFanboy.com wrote:

awesome idea to play TBZ at encore part, track has that "close the night with a bang" thing about it, great idea from guys, Out of Space no longer needed

but my fav tune for lives is Champions, intro is just pure evil and is kind of crazy how hard it gets, sawtooth riffs never get old and they seem to really get the crowd going

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
tonyjaa wrote:
Just remembered he was rumoured/supposed to be doing a Collab with Orbital too

Yeah, I remember too. If it had happened, that would have been epic.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW