<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
NEOREV wrote:
01 The Fat Of The Land
02 Music For The Jilted Generation
03 No Tourists
04 Experience
05 Invaders Must Die
06 The Day Is My Enemy
07 Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

The only Prodigy album that I can honestly say that I do not listen to in full is AONO, which is half amazing tracks and the rest skippable tracks. It loses steam around Medusa's Path. Any other Prodigy album, I can throw them on at any time and listen to them from to back, and have done so repeatedly, but with AONO I tend to lose interest during the last third of the album. It does start out strong, but is their weakest album for me.

AONO is definitely an album of extremes. It has most of the best post 90s tunes, but also most of the worst. If I had to rank albums based on their Top 3 tracks, only TFOTL and MFTJG will be above AONO.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
1) Jilted
2) FOTL
3) No Tourists
4) IMD
5) TDIME
6) Experience
7) AONO

Regarding AONO, I only listen to 4-5 tracks, the rest are forgettable imo.

What makes me like NT more than the previous two albums is the production and the old skool vibe. It also doesn't feel like an IMD 3.0 (with TDIME being 2.0) well maybe except for Champions of London which Liam himself admitted that it sounds like it's from the TDIME era being 'violent' sounding and of course the Roadblox recycled bassline. I also prefer LUTS much more than Omen and Nasty (I mentioned those two because they're all track #2 on the albums).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:33 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 220Location: New YorkJoined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:38 am
Nothing on this album shook me like the title track to TDIME did when I first heard it BUT overall No Tourists is a better album than the last one in my opinion. Every track is solid except for Boom Boom Tap (the fuck LH) and I never felt Fight Fire With Fire to be honest. 8/10 not bad at all. Resonate into Give Me a Signal is top notch and leaves me wanting more!!! Let's see if Master H is telling the truth about more tunes in 2019. We've been burned by his words so much in the past but something feels different this time. Wishful thinking probably but No Tourists only goes for 38 minutes. There's gotta be some more cuts from the sessions that just didn't fit the 2018 vibe. THE PRODIGY FOREVER!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:47 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Its the first time in a long time i didnt pre order the album
As i werent expecting much.
Oh how wrong i was bought it in all 3 formats
Just gutted no singles have been released in physical form
Uses to look forward to buying the singles as back in the day at least for the first 3 albums you always used to get a b side

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:23 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
I am still lovin this album, however I usually skip NS1 and FFWF i.e. the ones used to promote it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:29 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Antz wrote:
I am still lovin this album, however I usually skip NS1 and FFWF i.e. the ones used to promote it.

yes, very bad choices indeed. Need Some 1 is a good track, now that I'm listening to it on cd on a good quality sound system it feels better than before but it was not a good choice, it's like a Molotov Bitch 2018, that is, a nice filler or a top b side, not the single which must help you to sell more.

The other track is unlistenable. On the other hand, Timebomb Zone is their best dance track since the 90's.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:33 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Yeah AONO is an album where people got very very different opinions on.

Almost everyone likes Girls and Spitfire i can say but Youll be under my wheels is one of the most weirdest tracks there are. It sounds so empty and crap while you listen to it from a speaker, but using a headphone, its a really good track.

Many beats etc are gone when you use it on a stereo. Is this a bug or what? Take some earplugs and listen to it and there is a gigantic difference. This cant be intented..
Using the stereo, you can barely hear the tune at 0:25 when K K sings RocknRoll, 0:43's beats are very very low and 1:20 tune is beta-level. Use some earplugs with good sucking and this track will suddenly turn into a masterpiece.
This has to be a bug..

And Phoenix is the opposite on earplugs. The synth destroys your ears if you use earplugs. Even on low volumes.

This album in the other hand, lovely in both stereo and on earplugs.

Well yeah the reason i place AONO last all the time is because i can barely stand Get Up Get Off, Action Radar, Phoenix, The Way It Is and Shoot Down. 5 out of 10 tracks that i skip in an album is a bad sign. Other albums usually just have a few tracks that i skip, like FOTL's Serial Thrilla/Fuel my Fire and TDIME's Get Your Headache On, Roadgarbage and ofcourse, Invisible Fart.

Glad i dont skip any tracks on NT. Not even Fight Fire With Fire.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:59 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Earplugs or earphones?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:06 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
Fakin ill wrote:
Yeah AONO is an album where people got very very different opinions on.

Almost everyone likes Girls and Spitfire i can say but Youll be under my wheels is one of the most weirdest tracks there are. It sounds so empty and crap while you listen to it from a speaker, but using a headphone, its a really good track.

Many beats etc are gone when you use it on a stereo. Is this a bug or what? Take some earplugs and listen to it and there is a gigantic difference. This cant be intented..
Using the stereo, you can barely hear the tune at 0:25 when K K sings RocknRoll, 0:43's beats are very very low and 1:20 tune is beta-level. Use some earplugs with good sucking and this track will suddenly turn into a masterpiece.
This has to be a bug..

And Phoenix is the opposite on earplugs. The synth destroys your ears if you use earplugs. Even on low volumes.

This album in the other hand, lovely in both stereo and on earplugs.

Well yeah the reason i place AONO last all the time is because i can barely stand Get Up Get Off, Action Radar, Phoenix, The Way It Is and Shoot Down. 5 out of 10 tracks that i skip in an album is a bad sign. Other albums usually just have a few tracks that i skip, like FOTL's Serial Thrilla/Fuel my Fire and TDIME's Get Your Headache On, Roadgarbage and ofcourse, Invisible Fart.

Glad i dont skip any tracks on NT. Not even Fight Fire With Fire.

Spitfire is the only one I enjoy.
I listened to AONO recently most of it just sounds shit. The production is awful. It's like an amateur made it in their bedroom using broken speakers!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:24 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Hate me for this but, AONO is my favourite album.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
sks2002 wrote:

It's my least favourite album, but I wouldn't go as far as trying to shame people for liking it by adding pejorative comments and incendiary insults.

Its first half has some really good tracks, the other half not so much IMHO, but I can understand if someone likes them.

Its funny to see the same people criticizing Howlett for doing Prodigy-By-Numbers and then complain again when he does something different.

"Boohoo, I don't like thing"
Move on and stop behaving like spoiled brats.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:02 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
I keep listening to Trawizz' remix of LUTS. It's a killer track. If it had been on the album over LH's one NT would have been much stronger for it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
gcx wrote:
sks2002 wrote:

It's my least favourite album, but I wouldn't go as far as trying to shame people for liking it by adding pejorative comments and incendiary insults.

Its first half has some really good tracks, the other half not so much IMHO, but I can understand if someone likes them.

Its funny to see the same people criticizing Howlett for doing Prodigy-By-Numbers and then complain again when he does something different.

"Boohoo, I don't like thing"
Move on and stop behaving like spoiled brats.

True, but NT surely isn't different? And that's a lot of the criticism.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Fakin ill wrote:
This has to be a bug..

Try "narrowing" the stereo field of the audio file or convert it from stereo to mono and re-listen via headphones.
If you keep "losing" the same instruments again, then it's probably a "phase cancellation" issue between the signals of the R/L channels.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:03 am
GruntGruntPosts: 41Location: Outside the InsideJoined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm
For me it's -

01 Music For The Jilted Generation
02 The Fat of The Land
03 Experience
04 IMD
05 No Tourists
06 The Day Is My Enemy
07 AONO

Offline Profile