<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:49 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
UN wrote:
climbatize wrote:
If the forum name "news" is to write news about the group and to comment on them. If you only want to expose news, then an administrator will manage it by putting all new news and that it is only read only.

VS

:oldroll:

Pheeew yeah... I hesitated on pointing that out, but then I thought naaah he can't be THAT stupid... Must be a troll.
Then again...

I think it's his way of being on-topic in a neo-hipster kinda way... You know, he's straying off path, he ain't no tourist. It's all very meta.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
gcx wrote:
I think it's his way of being on-topic in a neo-hipster kinda way... You know, he's straying off path, he ain't no tourist. It's all very meta.

:rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:09 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
In a few days it will be one month since the release of NS1.
Maybe shortly after that they'll annonce a new single?
There was a 1 month window between each single during TDIME iirc. But then again this is BMG and they have a different policy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
But it's been less than a week since the 'Wh0' remix was released. The album is still 2 and a half months away. I think we'll be lucky to get another single before the album. The next one will probably be a month to 2 weeks before the album release.

I wonder if there are anymore remixes of 'Need Some1' on the way? We knew nothing of the Friction or Wh0 remixes until the day before release.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
There was a 1 month window between each single during TDIME iirc. But then again this is BMG and they have a different policy.

If they want to sustain the promised burst of activity in 2018, then that would make sense. I would be surprised if we don't hear something new in the next 4 weeks. At least we should have something in September.

I wonder if it will be Resonate. I wouldn't mind, but I hope it will be fleshed out a bit, longer and more varied.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:54 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Compare with the window between Firestarter, Breathe and SMBU....

Anyway the important thing is we are 78 days, 9 hours and 5 minutes away from Nov 2nd!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
gcx wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

I wonder if it will be Resonate. I wouldn't mind, but I hope it will be fleshed out a bit, longer and more varied.

Maybe something we haven't heard yet. A full on vocal track.

I still think the 'Up For It' in the album press release was a clue to something.

The UK gig could be when they reveal something new.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 pm
Harbinger wrote:

I still think the 'Up For It' in the album press release was a clue to something.

The UK gig could be when they unveil something new.

Wouldn't mind a full on vocal track. I'd love something catchy, melodic with breakbeats.

Don't know about Up For It though, where does that come from?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
gcx wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

The UK gig could be when they unveil something new.

Don't know about Up For It though, where does that come from?

The text in the press release for the album on first page of this topic. Stood out because of the capital letters in the middle of the sentence.

Quote:
Howlett is as rigorous and righteously Up For It as he was when he formed his 28-years-young band

Might be nothing :ana:

Last edited by Harbinger on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:29 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
I hope Resonate will exclude that recycled synth line. It's a Rok-Weiler ripoff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:55 pm
Harbinger wrote:
The text in the press release for the album on first page of this topic. Stood out because of the capital letters in the middle of the sentence.
Quote:
Howlett is as rigorous and righteously Up For It as he was when he formed his 28-years-young band

Might be nothing :ana:

Ah, I had never noticed that. Might be nothing, but it does sound like a potential sample that could be used for a track name. It would be a fitting track name for an Experience era kind of track.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:16 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
trigger/nuclear wrote:
I hope Resonate will exclude that recycled synth line. It's a Rok-Weiler ripoff.

I was like "he meant Beyond the Deathray right?" but then I realized Resonate has the Deathray melody done with Rok-weiler's synth...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:45 am
sado1 wrote:
trigger/nuclear wrote:

I was like "he meant Beyond the Deathray right?" but then I realized Resonate has the Deathray melody done with Rok-weiler's synth...

Yeah that's exactly it... I think it does sound cool, but that's maybe a bit too much recycling. Altough BTDR's melody seems smoother (less... cringy...?) with those synths.

Dammit Liam...! Why can't you use Got To Get The Sunlight Out riff instead!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
gcx wrote:
sado1 wrote:
trigger/nuclear wrote:

Yeah that's exactly it... I think it does sound cool, but that's maybe a bit too much recycling. Altough BTDR's melody seems smoother (less... cringy...?) with those synths.

Dammit Liam...! Why can't you use Got To Get The Sunlight Out riff instead!!!

Plus Liam’s is using the spitfire synth. Probably got the Poison-202 app on his phone.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:38 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:47 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

1 month releases is too often imho.

Offline Profile