<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:40 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
It looks like the band tried everything possible to keep the album from leaking. Those Russians :lol:

They recently removed the "I ain't no tourist" vocal from Nasty in their live shows. Hmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ7S1MQ-Ayk

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Is the tracklist leaked yet:)? Preordered on phone, gonna buy the album too when it comes out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Mowgli wrote:
I didn't expect a whole album announcement, but I'll take it!

Almost had my money on that the title would be either Champions of London, Pure Fire, or We Live for the Beats because Liam had tagged these in almost every post for some years now.

Curious for some track titles now!

These could be some of the track titles.

Ragga Twins and Dizzee, both from London.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Nice to see Ace comment, looks like Liam's been working really long hours on this album. I hope that translates into some long songs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:19 pm
Neil Mclellan bang on with "more prods in November" then :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 679Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm
ffs what is this crap. Zero fucking effort.
This is who they’re catering to https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... be9g2eb33w

Way to fuck up your legacy. I’d be a ashamed of saying I used to listen to the prodigy.
Aono was the last prodigy record. All of this new crap sounds like an attempt to mimic the old sound.
It not only sounds dated but the artwork accompanying it looks like it was made by someone like (image linked)
Thank fuck no one plays this shit anymore. Are you fucking kidding me? Did they fucking hire that Molotov beatz dude to write their new music? Cause it’s tasteless and dated.

Hell I was even excited for imd, I tried my fucking best not to cringe at tdime (thank fuck for medicine).
Liam fucking stop. Ye done. You ain’t got it. Some people at your age are able to write something innovative but it’s clearly fucking obvious you’re milking the cow already (look at the anmount of fucking bundles you’re putting out). Ray manzarek of the doors looks lesss of a cunt compared to you.

You had a chance with Jilted, tfotl and Aono reissues, you could’ve bought out something interesting for the fans and earned a long the way. You can fucking try to pretend you write shit alone but the 7 people writing credits on a song (that doesnt even have samples in it) is fucking low man.

Man the prodigy are fucking dead. If you don’t cringe at this, i honestly feel happy for you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:00 am
toX wrote:
GL0WKiD wrote:

Looks like it's gonna be a rather short album kinda like invaders.

Looks like they’re milking the cow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:20 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
I like the new title and i like Need Some 1, but I prefer the live version

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:17 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
FLAME-XIII wrote:
I like the new title and i like Need Some 1, but I prefer the live version

Same here

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:30 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Alexx wrote:
This is who they’re catering to https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... be9g2eb33w

Way to fuck up your legacy. I’d be a ashamed of saying I used to listen to the prodigy.
Aono was the last prodigy record. All of this new crap sounds like an attempt to mimic the old sound.
It not only sounds dated but the artwork accompanying it looks like it was made by someone like (image linked)
Thank fuck no one plays this shit anymore. Are you fucking kidding me? Did they fucking hire that Molotov beatz dude to write their new music? Cause it’s tasteless and dated.

Hell I was even excited for imd, I tried my fucking best not to cringe at tdime (thank fuck for medicine).
Liam fucking stop. Ye done. You ain’t got it. Some people at your age are able to write something innovative but it’s clearly fucking obvious you’re milking the cow already (look at the anmount of fucking bundles you’re putting out). Ray manzarek of the doors looks lesss of a cunt compared to you.

You had a chance with Jilted, tfotl and Aono reissues, you could’ve bought out something interesting for the fans and earned a long the way. You can fucking try to pretend you write shit alone but the 7 people writing credits on a song (that doesnt even have samples in it) is fucking low man.

Man the prodigy are fucking dead. If you don’t cringe at this, i honestly feel happy for you

Well, i think they are still kicking tho Need Some1 isnt what i expected as a single. I like the video of it but id rather have Resonate or something.

But yeah, hope you find another band to look up to:)

Yeah we all wish Jilted came back. But i still have high hopes. Nasty sucked but when we got the album i fell in love with The Day, Ibiza (instrumental is even better), Deathray and Wall of Death:)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:01 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
Otis P Jivefunk wrote:
Nice to see Ace comment

it's actually Rachel, Liam's stepdaughter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:40 am
Fakin ill wrote:
Alexx wrote:

Well, i think they are still kicking tho Need Some1 isnt what i expected as a single. I like the video of it but id rather have Resonate or something.

But yeah, hope you find another band to look up to:)

Yeah we all wish Jilted came back. But i still have high hopes. Nasty sucked but when we got the album i fell in love with The Day, Ibiza (instrumental is even better), Deathray and Wall of Death:)

I actually have already! Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:37 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Alexx wrote:

We're cringing at your hissy fit.

Quick, we need another thread made so you can go and moan in that one as well. Three moaning threads and you win a prize.

Alexx wrote:
I actually have already! Thanks!

Seems this other band you claim to have found and love aren't doing much for you. Perhaps they could make you a more positive person to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am
James Jupiter wrote:
kenjah wrote:
What's the difference between '180g double vinyl' and ''Prodigy Store Exclusive' Clear Gatefold Double Vinyl' ?

Does anyone know?

Black vinyl is 180g. Not sure if the clear vinyl is 180g. Apart from that, no difference.

Quote:
180 Gram 12" Records are a heavier and thicker record which is going to increase the durability of the record and the resistance to warping. Since part of the allure of vinyl is having something tangible, 180 Gram vinyl has a greater presence than that of a standard weight 12".

Gatefold cover vs 2 vinyls in single cover.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 78Location: dublin irelandJoined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:15 pm
Alexx wrote:

Not sure where you are coming from Need Some1 got some banging beats and dare I say some of the best from Liam since the 90s. I remember when MFTJG came out and initially it got mixed reviews. The rave pioneers with guitars etc...... But he was pushing boundaries as we all know and it’s now regarded as a classic. He went one step further with TFOTL and conquered the world. Since then he hasn’t pushed boundaries but has produced some classic tunes but maybe not classic albums. But that’s not what the Prodigy is about is it. Is about the live buzz the adrenaline and if there is 3-4 bangers on this for live performance it’s job done. The album is dead in my opinion since the explosion of streaming music there hasn’t been many great albums in any genre. But getting back to Nedd Some1 if you can’t hear the classic Prodigy breakbeat and synth hook I’m not sure what I can say. I for one am looking forward to rocking to it live