Author Message

<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Prodigy - No Tourists (The New Album) 2nd Nov 2018

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 471Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
gnobal wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Too much emphasis on writing specifically for live these days imo.

Liam now likes the 'punching you in the face' with short punk rock tracks, I prefer my brain being melted a bit.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong thread :P

Same here

I think that in the current reality, where the electronic music space is so crowded and artists get much less money than they used to from plays and sales - one way to make big money is by having a live show that isn't like any other and can draw crowds consistently.

So, to me, it makes sense to target the live show with the newer tracks.


It does make sense, but we can assume the Prodigy boys are wealthy enough and can probably do the music they really want to do. It seems this is it.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:36 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4057Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Shit, now I'm scared to death that the all the tracks will be 2 - 3 minutes. That would piss me off so much. I hope not.



_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:37 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4057Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Well said dear Harbinger.

Btw, fanboy's LUTS video doesn't work anymore :

https://youtu.be/BOfEJAeTxYk

Edit: works fine now.



_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6349Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Well said dear Harbinger.


:wink: I deleted it

Wasn't sure about the ADD comment :lol:



_________________
Is This Room Slightly Slanted ?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 471Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Harbinger wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Well said dear Harbinger.


:wink: I deleted it

Wasn't sure about the ADD comment :lol:


I got ADD but think you're right.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:19 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4057Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Ekko wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Well said dear Harbinger.


:wink: I deleted it

Wasn't sure about the ADD comment :lol:


I got ADD but think you're right.

I got ADHD too.



_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:18 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
I got ADD but think you're right.

I got ADHD too.

Me three + Autism.


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6349Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
sks2002 wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
I got ADD but think you're right.

I got ADHD too.

Me three + Autism.



Looks like I have as well now, thanks sks2002 :wink:

Anyway, new album.

Hopefully track 10 will be a cover of In A Gadda Da Vida or The End, lengthen it out a bit.



_________________
Is This Room Slightly Slanted ?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:09 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Harbinger wrote:


Looks like I have as well now, thanks sks2002 :wink:

Anyway, new album.

Hopefully track 10 will be a cover of In A Gadda Da Vida or The End, lengthen it out a bit.

I am not lying at all, i do accually have ADHD and Autism.


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6349Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
sks2002 wrote:
I am not lying at all, i do actually have ADHD and Autism.



I believe you, I was referring to your mis-quote above.



_________________
Is This Room Slightly Slanted ?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:09 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 740Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I think we are off topic again.....


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:19 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 594Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Shit, now I'm scared to death that the all the tracks will be 2 - 3 minutes. That would piss me off so much. I hope not.


I'll only believe it's a really short album when I see it. IMD was short, anything shorter than 45 minutes would be disappointing.

Anything released so far can still have a longer edit on the final album, that's usually what has happened in the past, hasn't it?



_________________
-.-. .- -. / -.-- --- ..- / .... . .- .-. / -- . ..--..
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:42 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 105Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm
Who cares how long the album is? I mean every artist I like is doing shorter than usual albums lately. Eminems latest album is 45 minutes despite his albums usually being almost 80 minutes. NINs latest album is only 30 minutes long? Who cares as long as all tracks are bangers? and heck even if the longest track is 4 minutes, doesn't make them bad songs does it?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 309Location: TenerifeJoined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
prodigy16 wrote:
Who cares how long the album is? I mean every artist I like is doing shorter than usual albums lately. Eminems latest album is 45 minutes despite his albums usually being almost 80 minutes. NINs latest album is only 30 minutes long? Who cares as long as all tracks are bangers? and heck even if the longest track is 4 minutes, doesn't make them bad songs does it?


I'd rather prefer long tracks like 3 Kilos, Their Law or Climbatize than "bangers" for the live shows such as Run With The Cocks or Nasty.

I insist, the "bangers" thing has killed the quality side of The Prodigy.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 96Location: Wisconsin, USAJoined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:51 pm
Confirmed--"Light Up the Sky" is indeed the new single and follows "Need Some1" on the forthcoming album. :Firestarter:

Image



_________________
I'm the law and you can't beat the law!
Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC
Page 40 of 134
1996 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 134  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum