<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Light Up The Sky - 26/9/2018

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:14 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
mayhem wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
according to the preview just posted above this is going to be TDIME part 2. Same guitars, same style of beats, sameness all the way.

Call me moaner but this is more of the same. Anyway, I'll be happy to change my opinion tomorrow in case I'm mistaken

ps- why the hell don't they change the logo? it's been 10 years so far.

Which song of TDIME does this remind you? this is The prodigy, so of course it will remind you of ehmm the prodigy.. its not like its going to sound like Justin Bieber.. its like saying "god damnit, justin biebers voice sounds exactly like his previous album, Buhu"

Moaning is fine, if it makes sense sir, yours make 0 sense.

Please let us know what you think tomorrow, its very very important for us to know about your HONEST opinion, because if you likeit, i might get to like it too... so i really hope you will like it.

for "us"...so you speak not in your name but in the name of some sort of community (real fans, fanboys and idol praisers) who cannot stand reading a criticism? respect my opinion, that's what forums are all about, aren't they?

and yes, this sounds like...erm, the prodigy...prodigy IMD-TDIME era because, according to that short snippet, it's the same fucking guitar sound with distortion and the same beats...maybe the tune will be alright in the end but this is not a movement forward production-wise, just another bangerzzzz attempt (which might work, who knows...)

we have seen how relevant Nasty and Need Some 1 have become in the history of electronic music, haven't we?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
there is some thruth what jonyintheplace says. i agree and disagree.

LUTS lives is the same block as wall of death or track the day is my enemy. same agressive, mad type of guitar'ish sound.

but also it has fresh side to it. cool acid influence etc.

like previous two albums, i'm sure we are going to hear different kind of tracks. i'm not surprised new album has familiar feel (soundscape) to IMD and TDIME.

there was pre AONO prodigy and is post AONO prodigy. it is what it is. enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:07 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 132Location: UKJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm
Glad the wait is almost over! Had a shitty feeling we were going to be waiting until the end of next month for one more track then the album. Maybe we'll get another before it's released too with this being out shortly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Realistically, which artists/bands have seen their sound evolve dramatically passed a certain age?

It's not realistic to expect The Prodigy to re-invent electronic music in 2018. It would be cool if they did... I guess...? But they are not trend setters anymore.
Or should they follow trends? I'd rather not have dub-step Prodge, nah.

Bands tend to cater to their fans over time. It's perfectly acceptable and normal.

I never heard anyone say that The Rolling Stones redefined their sound 25 years later. Or The Beastie Boys. Or Aerosmith.
Or Miley Cyrus... Wait no, Miley Cyrus did redefine her style. Not sure about that either way though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:25 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
gcx wrote:
Realistically, which artists/bands have seen their sound evolve dramatically passed a certain age?

It's not realistic to expect The Prodigy to re-invent electronic music in 2018. It would be cool if they did... I guess...? But they are not trend setters anymore.

Bands tend to cater to their fans over time. It's perfectly acceptable and normal.

I never heard anyone say that The Rolling Stones redefined their sound 25 years later. Or The Beastie Boys. Or Aerosmith.
Or Miley Cyrus... Wait no, Miley Cyrus did redefine her style. Not sure about that either way though.

I also don't expect them to be game-changers anymore, the novelty is gone, we all see that, but on the other hand what I think he's doing is to repeat the same formula over and over again, the funk is gone, the rave-ish sounds are a shadow of what they were during the 91-94 period and the punk guitars with distortion and the syncopated beats have been way too similar since the Wake The Fuck Up era (2006)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:54 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
gcx wrote:

I also don't expect them to be game-changers anymore, the novelty is gone, we all see that, but on the other hand what I think he's doing is to repeat the same formula over and over again, the funk is gone, the rave-ish sounds are a shadow of what they were during the 91-94 period and the punk guitars with distortion and the syncopated beats have been way too similar since the Wake The Fuck Up era (2006)

What you're saying is you would have liked them to keep one of the previous formulas instead of the current one. Sure, I wouldn't have minded that but it's too late I'm afraid.

To keep being more actual, they should do more active collaborations with contemporary artists, like what Morello is doing right now, which is very cool.

A collab with Ho99o9 could be quite interesting for example.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 510Location: New York CityJoined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 pm
Am I allowed to state my opinion that I'm not feeling this track? Or will I be crucified and abolished to the subforums for having an opinion?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:18 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
prodigalOne wrote:
Am I allowed to state my opinion that I'm not feeling this track? Or will I be crucified and abolished to the subforums for having an opinion?

Wait till tomorrow for a final opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:21 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 108Location: Landgraaf - The NetherlandsJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm
I'm curious what's on the album, that's for sure.
Need Some1 is more of the same IMD, TDIME, bit it seems to be better mixed.
The LUTS snippers are sounding promising.

In also prefer the older work, experience, MFTJG and FOTL. Those 3 are masterpieces and changed electronic musical forever.
AONO had some good tunes on it, as does IMD and TDIME, but the last two are written for live..

I was hoping that No Tourists would have some more depth to it, but NS1 lacks that, and my guess is that the whole album is again "more of the same", nice tracks, but nothing that would shake the world.. The track times says enough, 3 minutes of energy, that's it..

I think Resonate will be the banger of the album.. that one track that will Stay in my playlist for more years..

I still got my hopes up for a "experience revisited" someday.
The Experience in a new jacket, half of the tracks are already done..

Well... Still buzzed for what is coming!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
New instagram snippet without these terrible pitched vocals and stupid melody sounds very good.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:25 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
there is some thruth what jonyintheplace says. i agree and disagree.

LUTS lives is the same block as wall of death or track the day is my enemy. same agressive, mad type of guitar'ish sound.

but also it has fresh side to it. cool acid influence etc.

like previous two albums, i'm sure we are going to hear different kind of tracks. i'm not surprised new album has familiar feel (soundscape) to IMD and TDIME.

there was pre AONO prodigy and is post AONO prodigy. it is what it is. enjoy.

the fat of the land changed them for better or for worse.
liam started learning way more synthesis and that shows with aono.

it's basically because he changed up his production technique a fuck tonne, i mean always out numbered was HUGELY electronic, you wouldn't think it's the same group that wrote fotl

with invaders they kinda refound certain elements but they're still trying to be some electronic punk hybrid. either way, looking forward to this release!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:35 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm
Quote:
The Prodigy - Light Up The Sky will be available to download after 2018-09-26 17:30:00.

Apparently in the Prodigy store you'll be able to download LUTS after 17:30

https://theprodigy.tmstor.es/cart/downloadtracks.php

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:54 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 134Location: polandJoined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:35 pm
i v got feeling its gonna be even worst than need some 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:32 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
prodigal wrote:
i v got feeling its gonna be even worst than need some 1

It won't be worse. At least it has nice 90's rave acid sounds, and not those annoying EPM sirenes like Need Some1. The one thing that could go wrong, if it is a Copy/Paste track like Need Some1 Let's hope not. I have some hopes for this one. Let's see if Boom Tap would be the B-side for this aswell, ha...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
gnobal wrote:
Quote:
The Prodigy - Light Up The Sky will be available to download after 2018-09-26 17:30:00.

Apparently in the Prodigy store you'll be able to download LUTS after 17:30

https://theprodigy.tmstor.es/cart/downloadtracks.php

Is this if you pre-ordered the album or is free?

Can't log in to the store atm.