<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Light Up The Sky - 26/9/2018

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
sado1 wrote:
Guys, I also agree that the arrangement of Light Up The Sky is very weird. I decided that I will make an edit of it. Here ya go, have a listen

https://instaud.io/2Ldy

lol. indeed.

so far it's like Liam could as well released as stems. every has better version of it, except Liam himself.

guys let the track sink in. it may also feel different live.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:56 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
sado1 wrote:
Guys, I also agree that the arrangement of Light Up The Sky is very weird. I decided that I will make an edit of it. Here ya go, have a listen

https://instaud.io/2Ldy

Took me longer than it should to get the joke. I'm disappointed in myself.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:28 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 132Location: UKJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm
Went back and reworked what I did earlier, I had the right idea but it was too rushed. This one doesn't start as heavy either.

Thanks loads to Trawizz as well, there's no way I'd have done it without yours as a guide. It might seem a bit repetitive too but there was some sounds in the original that I couldn't get into as much so removed those parts and focused on what I liked instead.

https://instaud.io/2LkP

edit : after checking back again it's actually really similar to what Trawizz has done now that I've started it in almost the same way. I've basically just swapped out parts I wasn't as into and made a different ending and middle part. So maybe it should be classed as a Light Up The Sky/Trawizz Edit Edit or something. xD

Would love to be more creative with it and do something I like more and that sounds more original, but it drives me mad chopping up music like that in the exact right places so it sounds hackable. So yeah hopefully I'm done now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:48 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
It's hilarious, I've hardly listened to the original - only Trawizz'.

It's the way the original should be. Absolutely epic. And I'll likely skip the album version if it isn't reworked to match Trawizz version.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:37 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 132Location: UKJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm
Even though I can't really get into the original tune because of some of the parts of it, (as my Prodigy/Trawizz Edit shows) I find it odd that Liam gets stick for mixing up how he's arranged it. I also listen to the Trawizz version and it seems more natural in the sense of how music would usually be ordered, but also like that Liam has at least messed with that and done something different. If this has been done with other tracks on the album I'll not be bothered either I don't think.

It feels strange not being into something that's almost universally liked by Prodigy fans too. It could be that I'm just turning into a miserable old cunt but just after this was released I found myself listening to G-Force part 1 instead! For some reason I'd either missed it completely from not checking out old Experience b-sides or had totally forgotten it, so it was like having a different new tune to listen to. Odd too because Hyperspeed part 2 is something that's always stood out as a favourite from their early music.

Was also listening to No Good off Jilted. It's actually crazy how timeless that track sounds. I miss music like that so much when hearing new stuff. We at least got Destroy though, which is easily the best thing I've heard since FotL.

edit : and yes I'll try to stop fucking rambling so much now. Off to listen to G-Force again!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:44 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Ive noticed, the drumbeats of the main riff after the sample is the same as the old The Day Is My Enemy version.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:21 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Space Elf wrote:
I also listen to the Trawizz version and it seems more natural in the sense of how music would usually be ordered, but also like that Liam has at least messed with that and done something different.

Exactly.
This arrangement fucks up with the expectations of
how the songs usually go. It's less "linear".
It's fine.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:01 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 110Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:33 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Im a little late but i really like LUTS...its sad to see that many still keep moaning.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:35 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am

Looks like the first official remix is coming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:48 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm
toX wrote:

Looks like the first official remix is coming.

pardon? When and who?

*edit* photo didn't load up when I saw post so the Who has been answered, sorry.

Last edited by Jenko on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:55 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Apparently tomorrow if true. Can be heard already if you dig deep enough.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:17 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:
Im a little late but i really like LUTS...its sad to see that many still keep moaning.

Welcome back, son .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:36 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
SPECIAL FORCES wrote:

Welcome back, son .

:rofl:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:51 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
There's an official LUTS remix floating on the world wide web.

And there's also this (unofficial remix) :

https://hearthis.at/xfpyzmmd/light-up-t ... aiz-remix/