<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  I'm going to do the park run...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:55 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 15Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:52 pm
Hi all.

I dont know whether this has already been talked about but I was thinking about doing the Chelmsford park run as a sort of unofficial ode to Keith. I was thinking maybe wait for official details on when and where the funeral is due to take place and maybe running on the nearest saturday to that (the park runs are every Saturday at 9am). I think it would be a good idea just to do something that gets some of us Prodigy/Keith fans in one place at a set time and doing something he had recently done.

I contacted the event organiser and he said that they wouldnt be doing anything special to commeorate as they didnt know him long enough (which is fair enough), but he said we were more than welcome to bring however many people to the run and use it to meet up.

There is supposedly a pub nearby as well which is very handy so we could have a drink and chat about all things Prodigy and memories etc.

Also ,If youre not a runner or have never ran before dont worry about it because anyone can do this (all ages as well, you could bring kids plus you can walk the course if you like) and you dont even have to register but if you do register you get an official time and place on the results page.

I am going to be travelling from Preston in Lancs which is quite a trek but i'm well up for taking it on to show my respects. And I know some may think this a bad idea but tbh even if no one else wants to run I will still be doing it regardless and will be my own little one man band running with my Prodigy shirt on haha.

Anyway, I will copy and paste this text into a few dfferent places to see if anyone wants to join me on this little mission.

Cheers people. One love. Marcus

Ps. admin, if this is in the wrong place could you please move to the correct destination.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
This is a pretty noble idea. I would like to be with you guys there right now.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:28 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
Sounds like a plan dude, been trying to think of a way that we could all organise to meet up and celebrate Keef in an appropriate way.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:47 pm
Hi nucleartitan, thanks for the words, it would be so good if all prodigy fans from all over the world could meet up in one spot to commemorate. That would be epic but would require some serious land space haha I hope you manage to get something sorted over in italy to pay repects.

Hi dirtyRotter, do you think between us we could sort something out maybe? I will PM you and we can take it from there. I know it will probably be a struggle getting a load of people involved especially on some of the online forums as the majority of posters are from overseas as ive just been looking at on other threads.

Would defo be good to get a few of us together and do the Park Run and have a drink aftrerwards though. I'm well up for it and hope a few others are as well.

Cheers lads.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:54 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
I suggested the same thing on one of the Facebook groups but didn’t get any takers so far. I don’t live too far from Essex and would like to be involved if this happens.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
R.I.P Flinty Brother wrote:
Hi nucleartitan, thanks for the words, it would be so good if all prodigy fans from all over the world could meet up in one spot to commemorate. That would be epic but would require some serious land space haha I hope you manage to get something sorted over in italy to pay repects.

Hi dirtyRotter, do you think between us we could sort something out maybe? I will PM you and we can take it from there. I know it will probably be a struggle getting a load of people involved especially on some of the online forums as the majority of posters are from overseas as ive just been looking at on other threads.

Would defo be good to get a few of us together and do the Park Run and have a drink aftrerwards though. I'm well up for it and hope a few others are as well.

Cheers lads.

Actually I don't live in Italy anymore (I live in Germany), but please, keep me/us updated about it. I'm very curious and excited about it, about when at least. I've been six times in England and I've been missing there for a long time. So, d'you know, one never knows. ;)

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:14 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
R.I.P Flinty Brother wrote:

Cheers lads.

Actually I don't live in Italy anymore (I live in Germany), but please, keep me/us updated about it. I'm very curious and excited about it, about when at least. I've been six times in England and I've been missing there for a long time. So, d'you know, one never knows. ;)

Ah no worries mate, Ive heard Germany has some top dance music scenes going on (or at least it used to?) depending on which bit youre in. I hope you can get back here to england some day soon as well. Maybe have a remeberance day for flinty around this time every year or something like that. Cheers man

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:21 pm
baxterbasics wrote:
I suggested the same thing on one of the Facebook groups but didn’t get any takers so far. I don’t live too far from Essex and would like to be involved if this happens.

Hi baxterbasics,

I think it just needs a few of us to get the ball rolling and hopefully some more will join us. If you can keep trying on various platforms and social media like you have been and hopefully dirtyRotter can as well we should drum up some people.

I will PM you mate.

Cheers. Marcus

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:20 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
maybe you could all shave your hair into keith's bihawk in his honour? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:43 am
Aquila wrote:
maybe you could all shave your hair into keith's bihawk in his honour? ;)

Hahaa visions of a load of people with bihawks bombing it round a muddy park. I think i'll stick to my well worn MFTJG shirt though :-D

Are you in or around the Essex area mate?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
nah, I'm up in the north east...plus I'm grossly unfit. I'll only be with you in spirit :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:19 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Keith Flint was mentioned before my local parkrun this morning. A lot of people have done or are doing #5kforkeith.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Did 5K after work today. Nowhere near Keef's time but I get there one day. RIP brother.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:21 pm
untitled6 wrote:
Did 5K after work today. Nowhere near Keef's time but I get there one day. RIP brother.

Good work mate, Im going to go this Saturday. I will post my time on here but doubt I will get anywhere near Keiths time as it is a crazy fast one that. Im at around 24 min but thats only treadmill :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 pm
So, Ive now checked the net and seen all the procession route info and worked out my travel times etc. I will be travelling down from Preston early Fri morning to view the procession and pay my respects. I will then be staying overnight in the general vicinity and then attempt the Chelmsford Park run on the Saturday morning.

If anyone does want to meet at either the Procession or the Park run let me know either here or PM and i'll give you my details.

Does anyone know if its a burial or cremation?

Offline Profile