<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Fight Fire with Fire (feat. Ho99o9) - 11/10/2018

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:45 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 132Location: UKJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm
Wow, wasn't expecting another so quickly!

I like this track because it's heavy and feels like it has a good punk vibe to it. It's not what was expected and I think it shows that we're getting a good mix of sounds that aren't just repeating other stuff. Have only listened to it once but I think I'll like it quite a bit with more listens.

The one thing that's bugged me in all of these 3 tracks is the lyrics, haven't been into them much at all really, but luckily they're just words and the sounds are a lot more important so I can hopefully get past that bugging me too much.

As for the lack of bass : I'm sure that several of us on here could quickly put this track into a program and add some decent extra bass to it fairly quickly, so maybe one of us will do that soon. I'll maybe give it a go if I can manage to download the track too. Am sure someone else who's better with bass in general though would do a better job.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:10 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Just realised this was out now.

Half way through the track and I'm stunned that this is 10x worse than Need Some1 which was the worst single they've ever released.

I will never even give this a second listen, which is a luxury I afforded Need Some1.

LUTS grew on me thanks to Trawizz stunning edit of a rather poorly mixed track - but I didn't hate it at any point.

This one, however, is simply awful. This isn't Prodigy. It's like a shoddy tribute act.

I have real fear over this album now - taken as they are, the three singles are rubbish IMO. It's that simple to me. I was often underwhelmed by previous singles for previous albums, and the actual album then won me over. This could be the first turkey in their CV - even the darker days of AONO still had killer tracks on it.

I'm... REALLY hoping a big rabbit is in a hat come next month.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:12 am
Space Elf wrote:
Wow, wasn't expecting another so quickly!

I like this track because it's heavy and feels like it has a good punk vibe to it. It's not what was expected and I think it shows that we're getting a good mix of sounds that aren't just repeating other stuff. Have only listened to it once but I think I'll like it quite a bit with more listens.

The one thing that's bugged me in all of these 3 tracks is the lyrics, haven't been into them much at all really, but luckily they're just words and the sounds are a lot more important so I can hopefully get past that bugging me too much.

As for the lack of bass : I'm sure that several of us on here could quickly put this track into a program and add some decent extra bass to it fairly quickly, so maybe one of us will do that soon. I'll maybe give it a go if I can manage to download the track too. Am sure someone else who's better with bass in general though would do a better job.

I think that's another issue - are the fans supposed to remix their music for them to make it adequate? Trawizz made a very ordinary LUTS pretty amazing. But I can't see anyone turning this into a good track.

Since when did album releases turn into gaming modding communities?! Oh we'll just release the rough draft and let the fans turn it into something decent!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:22 am
This depressed me so much I put on some random drum and bass, and inside 5 seconds I found a track which did away with all the gimmicks and gave me angry hard fast beats and was the kind of artist Prodigy spawned. This is classic Prodigy itself.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4YUR2eDV ... G45NGPOVsg

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:04 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 132Location: UKJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm
Danny_G13 wrote:

I think that's another issue - are the fans supposed to remix their music for them to make it adequate? Trawizz made a very ordinary LUTS pretty amazing. But I can't see anyone turning this into a good track.

Since when did album releases turn into gaming modding communities?! Oh we'll just release the rough draft and let the fans turn it into something decent!

Haha! As an almost obsessive Skyrim modder (as in mod user not creator.) I can't help but laugh at that. Fans do whatever they want I guess! Of course I'd prefer not to have to try altering tracks and like them as they are, but I agree in this case that the bass is lacking. So I don't see any problem in adding some if it can be done.

I just tried it and it wasn't as easy as I thought, had to recreate most of the beats and it still doesn't sound great, definitely has more of a boom to it though. I've done it a bit too heavy though I think, am gonna go back an tone it down a bit then will link. Would still prefer someone better at bass to have a go though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:20 am
Warning : please be careful with this. I don't want anyone blowing out their speakers because this is too heavy/I've messed something up with the way I've done it. It's clipping into the red almost all the way through in audacity but I toned it down a bit so it's not as heavy as it was. So maybe turn your volume down first then up to whatever's best.

It's not great either, but for something that took about an hour I'm not too fussed : https://instaud.io/2Ngn

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:24 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I love the fact that a lot of us have completely different opinions about this track.
I love the sound and the powerful vibe of the track.
Unfortunately I hate its structure which is way too repetetive in my opinion. The hip hop beat is awesome, bit what disappoints me is the creative and composing process of It.
However I think that as a live track, it will have a different effect on me, which could let me appreciate in some ways more the track.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Track has pretty good bass here. Nice sub kick.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:37 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 139Location: IsraelJoined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:33 am
Final attempt at adding some heavier bass, and fixed a few beats that were wrong from first time.

Note : if you're playing this on some insanely powerful/expensive system please try turning it down before playing. I don't understand a lot about how bass works and don't want to cause issues with anyone's stuff.

https://instaud.io/2Nlk

Last edited by Space Elf on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Space Elf wrote:
Final attempt at adding some heavier bass, and fixed a few beats that were wrong from first time.

Note : if you're playing this on some insanely powerful/expensive system please try turning it down before playing. I don't understand a lot about how bass works and don't want to cause issues with anyone's stuff.

https://instaud.io/2NkJ

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3683

Danny_G13 wrote:
This depressed me so much I put on some random drum and bass, and inside 5 seconds I found a track which did away with all the gimmicks and gave me angry hard fast beats and was the kind of artist Prodigy spawned. This is classic Prodigy itself.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4YUR2eDV ... G45NGPOVsg

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6843

Last edited by Harbinger on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:23 am
Harbinger wrote:
:whofuck:

:taz:

Haha, maybe one or two that wanted some heavier bass on it. I know most don't give a fuck, am fine with that and not planning on posting any more on it.

I just changed the link as well, the timing of my track was slightly out in most places, fixed now. I don't think I'll go back and do anything else, but if I do I'll make a new post with the link and call it the Super Ultra Harbinger Bangerzzz Edit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Space Elf wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
:whofuck:

:taz:

Haha, maybe one or two that wanted some heavier bass on it. I know most don't give a fuck, am fine with that and not planning on posting any more on it.

I just changed the link as well, the timing of my track was slightly out in most places, fixed now. I don't think I'll go back and do anything else, but if I do I'll make a new post with the link and call it the Super Ultra Harbinger Bangerzzz Edit.

Cool, as long as you post it in the correct thread then I'm down with it

Here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3683

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:35 am
Harbinger wrote:
Cool, as long as you post it in the correct thread then I'm down with it

Here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3683

Yeah I want to get back to that thread actually. A PO-12 drum machine has just arrived in the post too and it even though it looks like it shouldn't possibly be able to make any decent sounds it seems neat, so might get something of my own on there again in the near future with it. I suppose it'll be a step up from butchering Prodigy tunes in here!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:55 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
I honestly didn't know what to think once I first heard FFWF but after a few listens I grew to like it more and more, I prefer it over need some1 but it's not a patch on LUTS.

Offline Profile