<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Fight Fire with Fire (feat. Ho99o9) - 11/10/2018

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:14 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 893Location: Québec (Montréal)Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Your music taste is AMAZING habibi! This is the best edit I ever heard in my life! Thanks for the post. :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:28 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Quote:
Hit rewind, sounds to melt your motherfucking face, go

Hit rewind, sounds to melt your... go!

Horrible circle breaks, then worship the freaks
The dog is barking mad, has gone and run away with no leash
The heat is coming, stop running, leave your blood on the streets
We stick together, stormy weather, we don't fuck with police
Go!

You bet you can't hold me down

We fight fire with fire
We fight fire with fire
We fight fire with fire
We fight fire, we fight fire with fire
We fight fire, we fight
(Motherfucking face)

Valiant troops, camouflage my soul if I cry
They don't give a shit whether you live or you die
Feel the heat and prepare for war
Raise your fist and reverse the war

We fight fire with fire
We fight fire with fire
We fight fire with fire
We fight fire, we fight
(Motherfucking face)

Hit rewind, sounds to melt your motherfucking face
Hit rewind, sounds to melt your motherfucking face
Go, go, go!

We fight fire with fire
We fight fire with fire
We fight fire with fire
We fight fire with fire

https://genius.com/The-prodigy-fight-fi ... ire-lyrics

Liam wrote #timetomeltyourmotherfuckinface

I'm guessing that this part in the lyrics you posted are wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Probably but Liam wrote muthfuckinface. Maybe he got it wrong :lol:

Ho99o9 said lyrics would be available soon, don't know if that means when the album is out and will be in the insert or what.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:16 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 893Location: Québec (Montréal)Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 am
Harbinger wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

Probably but Liam wrote muthfuckinface. Maybe he got it wrong :lol:

Ho99o9 said lyrics would be available soon, don't know if that means when the album is out and will be in the insert or what.

Remembering that time when Maxim used to sing the 'push up your hands if you love the fashion' sample wrong.

:rofl: You are not wrong nor right. Remember that Electronic_Punk is prodigious, he knows everything when it comes to the Prodigy, like everything! Let's wait for the album :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Ekko wrote:
NEOREV wrote:
<<usual random pic because otherwise no actual content>>

Enjoy the tunes!

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't want to turn this into a boring music production thread for everyone else. I could repeat some techniques I learned from an online tutorial too! But, seriously, why waste everyone's time? That's just beginner's talk. Keep fiddling with your bass tones.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 72Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm
FFWF has grown on me much more than expected at first listen. Great choon. Really takes some getting used to.
Took about 60 plays.

Quote:
Remembering that time when Maxim used to sing the 'push up your hands if you love the fashion' sample wrong

And it's actually "Push up your hands if you lovin' my style, I wanna give it to my London posse". Listen to the original.
Maxim still sings it wrong, but hey, it's okay.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:58 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 96Location: Wisconsin, USAJoined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:51 pm
I think those posted lyrics may be misheard, it was my estimation that the the lyrics during the bridge were:

"Everyone, time to melt your motherfuckin' face."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
NEOREV wrote:
Ekko wrote:
NEOREV wrote:
<<usual random pic because otherwise no actual content>>

Enjoy the tunes!

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't want to turn this into a boring music production thread for everyone else. I could repeat some techniques I learned from an online tutorial too! But, seriously, why waste everyone's time? That's just beginner's talk. Keep fiddling with your bass tones.

I see now why you prefer to talk in gifs and memes instead of text.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
ParaDox wrote:
And it's actually "Push up your hands if you lovin' my style, I wanna give it to my London posse". Listen to the original.

Have you got a link to that sample?

Cos I'm 99% sure that ain't the lyrics.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 72Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm
Harbinger wrote:
ParaDox wrote:

Have you got a link to that sample?

Cos I'm 99% sure that ain't the lyrics.

You gotta have spotify

Check it: https://www.whosampled.com/The-Prodigy/ ... -Hospital/

Later edit: Now that you mention it, and I checked it again as well, I can't really put my finger on what that dude's spittin'... it's some ragga speak only a true raggahead can decipher, especially the second sentence. As for the first sentence, it may very well be about fashion but it's highly debatable (becasue there is no "n" at the end of the word and so "style" makes more sense)

Last edited by ParaDox on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
My feeling of this track is I don't love it, but it's alright I suppose.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:50 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Ekko wrote:
The Point was: I noticed a whack feeling bass in this track and mentioned it. Whole point.
Clips of illumiroom-bass response appeared. Jack's eye tried to convince Jack's ear. Frequency basics got dropped. Things went a little murky. I called out some stuff and from there it went the way of the dodo.

Well, I said exactly two times I don't like someones music but admire the way they wrote, arranged or just made it: Deadmau5 and Noisia. I also mentioned artists I like for musical and technical reasons. There's plenty of music that's crappily produced but has character and I don't think many would prefer it the other way round. I sure wouldn't.
So not trying to convince anyone. I still find this track shoddily done in terms of low end. There's a sub kick and that's it, which in this case just doesn't cut it. If folks like this track: Good for you guys. Enjoy it. Stop trying to convince those who find it lacking that it isn't by resorting to dubious proof pieces.

Fair enough.
Some (not you) mentionned that the track had no bass, or no low end at all, which to me sounds like a ridiculous exaggeration. Then others jump on the bandwagon to troll and hate on it.
I don't have any technical knowledge on the matter so I won't pretend that I do. I do notice that this track is less bass intensive as other tracks, which in the context of the full album seems like a bummer and I agree it feels lazy. But on it's own, it feels like something that can be fixed by using an equalizer. That's how far I can go technically and I don't care.

It's great that you know stuff, I know stuff too in my field. I also know that vulgarizing technical stuff for the average Joe is key to not come off an elitist ass, which I'm sure isn't what you were aiming for.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:44 am
Sounds random but maybe Ho99o9 would sound great on Wall Of Death? I mean a bran new collab with them dropping lyrics on it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:35 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm
I thought it was:

Everyone's out to melt your motherfucking face, go!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:56 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
gcx wrote:
Ekko wrote:
The Point was: I noticed a whack feeling bass in this track and mentioned it. Whole point.
Clips of illumiroom-bass response appeared. Jack's eye tried to convince Jack's ear. Frequency basics got dropped. Things went a little murky. I called out some stuff and from there it went the way of the dodo.

Well, I said exactly two times I don't like someones music but admire the way they wrote, arranged or just made it: Deadmau5 and Noisia. I also mentioned artists I like for musical and technical reasons. There's plenty of music that's crappily produced but has character and I don't think many would prefer it the other way round. I sure wouldn't.
So not trying to convince anyone. I still find this track shoddily done in terms of low end. There's a sub kick and that's it, which in this case just doesn't cut it. If folks like this track: Good for you guys. Enjoy it. Stop trying to convince those who find it lacking that it isn't by resorting to dubious proof pieces.

Fair enough.
Some (not you) mentionned that the track had no bass, or no low end at all, which to me sounds like a ridiculous exaggeration. Then others jump on the bandwagon to troll and hate on it.
I don't have any technical knowledge on the matter so I won't pretend that I do. I do notice that this track is less bass intensive as other tracks, which in the context of the full album seems like a bummer and I agree it feels lazy. But on it's own, it feels like something that can be fixed by using an equalizer. That's how far I can go technically and I don't care.

It's great that you know stuff, I know stuff too in my field. I also know that vulgarizing technical stuff for the average Joe is key to not come off an elitist ass, which I'm sure isn't what you were aiming for.

EQ probably won't do it alone. You'd have to rise the area above the sub and below the upper mids. But if there's not much there, an EQ alone won't do. What's missing is something more substantial. Either a bass line or some tasty sound design.
The Trick in Diesel Power was (since this was compared to it): Sub (via Kick, probably some 808 thing), then that doubled into some gourmet sounding distortion device or chain (probably SE70), EQ out the low end, some room on top and layer that with the sub. It just sounds massive. Liam's not the first to do this. So, no idea why he went for the blank feeling state here. Maybe he just preferred the sparseness. Maybe he's lazy. Still, it doesn't feel satisfying. Of course it's a matter of taste. Seeing that there are about equal as much people who like it / don't like it, I personally think he should have just done some more sculpting and sound designing. This track is actually a great example of how you can get max value on visual measuring and still have nothing much going.

As for the elitist ass-thing: You know. This is audio engineering. Not brain surgery. I tried both ways here. Talking shop and using easy visual vocabulary. You know what the worst thing is: Underestimating your readers intelligence. That is the real insult.

Offline Profile