<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Fight Fire with Fire (feat. Ho99o9) - 11/10/2018

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 353Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm
Must resist snippet...

I want to hear the whole track with fresh ears.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:22 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Elsewhere wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bowjfmqh9-z/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1am6d1s1dmdkb

<

OH MAN. another angry one :lol: it's funky as hell!!!! feels like old beasty boys with hard prodigy bass and groove.

really?

it sounds more of the same thing over and over. The beats are no way funky, we should revisit what that term means. It's just more industrial noise with rap.

This one seems to be the weakest of the new three, being LUTS a great track I insist.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:30 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
Reminds me a bit of that Ian Brown remix, looking forward to hearing the full track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Another one with generic beats but we will see tomorrow. Hope this one will be not forgettable as Need Some1 and Light Up The Sky.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Promising
Gonna be a nice and diverse album
The one thing I like is the songs got groove
Nice underlying hip hop vibes
Raw, heavy, sounds like a big fuck you of a track

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Elsewhere wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bowjfmqh9-z/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1am6d1s1dmdkb

<

OH MAN. another angry one :lol: it's funky as hell!!!! feels like old beasty boys with hard prodigy bass and groove.

Yeah, these tracks got a nice groove. Liam remembering his hip hop roots. Bringing back some funky beats.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Really aint sure about this track the only thing thats really grabbing me of the new album so far is the synth in light up the sky

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:58 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Another one with generic beats but we will see tomorrow. Hope this one will be not forgettable as Need Some1 and Light Up The Sky.

really man?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Diversity thats it. Thats cool. Rap over the prodigy beats is a great combination. Eagerly waiting for tomorrow. Dont wanna make judgements over this short clip but remember all the prodigy rap tracks are great :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:10 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Nightmare wrote:

Nightmare if you want to moan, moan here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14906

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:21 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Prodigal Son wrote:
Diversity thats it. Thats cool. Rap over the prodigy beats is a great combination. Eagerly waiting for tomorrow. Dont wanna make judgements over this short clip but remember all the prodigy rap tracks are great :wink:

I respectfully disagree about Ibiza xD I still loved the vocals there tho, but Liam's beats didn't do it for me, really... What I hear in FFWF is lots of chaos, the way I like it. I might try not to listen to it until 2nd though...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:24 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
Tried to resist since its for tomorrow, but couldn't :lol:
It's boomy, we ll see. Hope we didn't hear 90% of the track already :D

btw guys, since Resonate and Boom Tap are on the tracklist, we now have HALF of the album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
lakow wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

really man?

Yep my mate, Im worried. Need Some1 is ok but forgettable. Light Up The Sky is ruined by stupid melodic bridge (all the same since 2009), annoying pitched vocals and track structure is wrong and again... forgettable. This new one sounds ok but these beats... Hip hopish? Fine, I dig it but so generic and basic (by sound). So two forgettable tracks dedicated for gigs - just bangers. Third one? Another bside or cool track? We shall see tomorrow.

And... Boom Tap will be on the new album. How someone can hear oldskool in this track jeez. Sounds like a Hudson Mohawke studio session leftover.

sks2002 wrote:
Nightmare if you want to moan, moan here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14906

If You want to give stupid advice, go anywhere.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:44 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Prodigal Son wrote:

I don't have issues with that, I love their hip hop oriented tracks, specially Molotiv Bitch, The Trick (which is more trip hop indeed) and Diesel but these beats (according to this short advance) do not sound crispy, they just sound the same but on a slower tempo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:49 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Finally - a bassdrum to be heard. I dig this much more than the other tracks, solely for the reason they're not drenching everything in noise. Sounds promising. Although I do not like the Snare. Needs some bottom punch. Still good, vibe wise.
Lyrics are awful, though. If you got nothing to say: Keep your mouth shut.

Offline Profile