<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Fight Fire with Fire (feat. Ho99o9) - 11/10/2018

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
i'v given it number of listens.

for me it's miles ahead of IBIZA.

Instrumental part is really thumping and "dangerous". yaya. typical description, but i feel it.
i think it would fit perfectly in their Live set, something bit different, with different groove and vocal style.

AND sorry, i LOVE these vocals even 1:20 part hahaha. it's total madness. i think this vocal and instrumental part fit perfectly together and it describes that MAD MOSHING ESCAPIST.. Prodigy fan in proper party situation.

listening three new tracks in a row gives me really good feeling. IT sounds 100% prodigy.

they are all massively aggressive but all and all good stuff for me.

looking forward to 2nd of November.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
prodigalOne wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
The synth in ffwf is very similar to the one on 'We Hate Everyone' by K Flay.

https://youtu.be/LC9qgBNQ2kM

Yup, been trying to pin what this ffwf frels like all day.

Reminds me of Ian Brown Just Like You Remix a bit also.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 183Location: NorthamptonJoined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:53 pm
so, decided to revisit it, only felt it fair after my hasty comments yesterday, it's a grower, I won't put it in the bin.
I joke, but i've listened to it now upwards of 15 times and I love it more and more the more I listen to it.
I think this era is going to all be about growers, probably not instantly accessible and liked after a first listen.

Maybe comparisons with Ibiza were wrong, this is the much stronger track.

As it stands i'd rate this above Need Some1, but below LUTS, mainly because I prefer the style of it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Its n1 at amazon uk best sellers track at the moment but its gonna change `till the end of the day for sure, still love that its getting positive vibes everywhere. A friend of mine sent me a msg last night saying that he cant stop listening to the new tracks. Im happy seeing that Liam is going in direction he is now. Cant wait to hear rest of the tracks. I think we didnt heard best yet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
After a lot of listens I dig it. Best out of the 3 released so far. I am not putting much emphasis on the beats as there is not much to say about them, pretty basic, but the overall tone of the track is great. The only track that resembles this is the TDIME vocal remix Dope DOD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Superb, 3 tracks so far big improvement on tdime

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:07 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
From the moment I heard the snippet I knew this would be a divisive track, even more so with the involvement of Ho99o9 who are definitely an acquired taste.

My main criticism of all the NT tracks so far? In each case it seems like just a little bit more effort from Liam could have gone a long way.

The odd tweak here, some bottom end there, a little more variation, could have turned 3 solid tunes into bona fide Prodigy masterpieces. I like 'em all, but will they still be on my playlists a year from now? Probably not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
baxterbasics wrote:
From the moment I heard the snippet I knew this would be a divisive track, even more so with the involvement of Ho99o9 who are definitely an acquired taste.

My main criticism of all the NT tracks so far? In each case it seems like just a little bit more effort from Liam could have gone a long way.

The odd tweak here, some bottom end there, a little more variation, could have turned 3 solid tunes into bona fide Prodigy masterpieces. I like 'em all, but will they still be on my playlists a year from now? Probably not.

+1 Also, you never know when and if Liam will do a remix on any of these tracks and make the better - it happened before.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
To be honest imo:

First preview snippet two days ago - Yay, sounds very promising :wink:

First listen to the complete track yesterday - Nah, wtf was that ?!? :cry:

Second listen - I don´t like the style of the vocals, except the refrain :?

Third listen - I guess I like it

... over and over listening .... it grows definitely and it grows curiously veeery quick :lol:

Now I love it 8-) ... what a beast of a track :evilflame: - especially loud via headphones

Waaay better than "IBIZA" imo,

better than "Need some 1" and not to compare with "Light Up The Sky" cos this is too different.

AND yes, It has the "We hate everone" vibe from K-Flay and the same sample at 2:30

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:42 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 16Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:55 pm
I like it. Finally something different

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:11 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
I want a mix of this with just the "Everyone, time to melt your motherf*cking face" repeated over and over.

Can some LUTS-youtuberemixes remix this track just with that line?

Dont get me wrong, i like the track, but that line is so awesome it deserves its own mix.

Im kinda surprised that even this track in my opinion throws Need some1 in the trashcan. I heard some horror tracks and some of them didnt fit my taste, but yeah, now that ive heard this and LUTS, i am curious about the "No Tourist" track on the album.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Not sure about this one. The vocals are alright but it's the 'music' that I ain't really feeling yet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:31 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 19Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:24 pm
Trawizz wrote:
It's definitly a lot better than Need Some1, but I hear more Deadmau5 in this track, than The Prodigy. It is not bad, but I really don't know what to say to it yet. I will give it a go again tomorrow. I like LUTS better.

deadmau5? where? he's making progressive house mostly

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:48 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
I hear David Guetta.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:16 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 411Location: BelgiumJoined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm
this is a different beast compared to anything they made the last years! wow i am very surprised with this... it made me get up from my chair and put on some dance moves i forgot my body was capable of

let's go, a couple more weeks for the rest of the album, i'm ready

Offline Profile