<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  We Live Forever - 25/10/2018

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:17 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
This IS a great track, and by far the best of the four, but the more I listen to it the less it absolutely blows me away.

The rubbishness of the first three made this sound 20x better than it is. It's still colossal, but not quite as brilliant as it first seemed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:09 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Danny_G13 wrote:
This IS a great track, and by far the best of the four, but the more I listen to it the less it absolutely blows me away.

The rubbishness of the first three made this sound 20x better than it is. It's still colossal, [size=200]but not quite as brilliant as it first seemed[/size].

yes, I've downgraded it from 9 to 8,5, the Maxim vocals end up being annoying as usual, I'm honestly fed up with his voice, I 'd prefer Wild Frontier, Roadblox, etc...without him. I don't agree with your opinion about LUTS which is a great track I think.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:45 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
I actually like maxim's voice. I thought he was singing on omen tho, oh well.

When nuclear was first played, I always thought maxim had the better punk voice, never understood why it's always keith on the punk tracks. Maxim can rock that too.

we live forever is brilliant!

absolutely love it.

true tho that the vocals are a bit repetive and the first melody is not so great, so 9 out of 10 :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:24 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
Danny_G13 wrote:

The rubbishness of the first three made this sound 20x better than it is. It's still colossal, [size=200]but not quite as brilliant as it first seemed[/size].

yes, I've downgraded it from 9 to 8,5, the Maxim vocals end up being annoying as usual, I'm honestly fed up with his voice, I 'd prefer Wild Frontier, Roadblox, etc...without him. I don't agree with your opinion about LUTS which is a great track I think.

Think LUTS suffered from the editing. It's messily cobbed together. Trawizz' version is a tonne times better. The base track is good, but the mixing is just not. If Liam rejigs it for the album and makes it better, it's a winner.

Whereas NS1 and 'the other one' (genuinely forgotten its name - blocking it out) are so horrible I refuse to listen to either of them again. NS1 had one consolation in its final 20 seconds being solid, but otherwise it and 'the other one' are just vile.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Liam did this kind of arrangement because he wanted it to be like that. Because he wanted to be diferent. And thats whats makes LUTS special in a way. Traviz version is the version luts You expected to be but it isnt. Its better this way. Unpredictable.

Its funny seeing people moan when Liam doing something New and diferent and also moan when Liam is following the prodigy formula.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:35 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 72Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm
Remember he said that when he writes he writes with the live show in mind, so he probably envisioned LUTS to have a quick drop for that reason; he already has longer build-up tracks like Their Law.
WLF is following the same line, but with respect to Maxim's and Keith's vocals.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
Prodigal Son wrote:
Liam did this kind of arrangement because he wanted it to be like that. Because he wanted to be diferent. And thats whats makes LUTS special in a way. Traviz version is the version luts You expected to be but it isnt. Its better this way. Unpredictable.

Its funny seeing people moan when Liam doing something New and diferent and also moan when Liam is following the prodigy formula.

Agreed with that !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
We Live Forever: There is this stretched sound at 1:41 fading into that "Forever forever forever" part. It could be a
distorted and strechted sample from the chemical brothers "Life is Sweet" 1:53 OR "Not another drugstore" 3:16

the chems will live forever too I guess 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
philchill wrote:
It's not Maxim on vocals, it's Olly Burden. Everyone here needs to be aware of how involved with the band that guy is now,... more than Keith or Maxim at this point. "oh but he's not credited", well yeah he is as "the prodigy". he's the 4th member and has contributed more than any of you realise.

I didn't 100% believe you, but just now I've looked at NT credits and he is listed as one of the writers on 5/10 tracks and as co-producer on 6/10 tracks.
Quite a lot, even Neil McLellan never got so many credits - also special thanks from LH show that they are pretty good buddies.

Good for both of them, I guess.

I just don't like Hounds' style :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:05 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Hmm

https://vk.com/wall-25193445_28902

Off-topic :
4,000th post! :Firestarter:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:07 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/the--prod ... lerz-remix

Quote:
Liam Howlett:
"When we wrote We Live Forever in the studio I knew our fans would feel it and it would be a big live tune… I've been checking Teddy Killerz tunes for a while, especially when we were on tour in Russia and that part of the world. I knew they would be the right guys to bring the ruckus with a drum'n'bass remix of this tune, and they have – big, nasty and raw!"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/the--prodigy-we-live-forever-teddy-killerz-remix

Quote:
Liam Howlett:
"When we wrote We Live Forever in the studio I knew our fans would feel it and it would be a big live tune… I've been checking Teddy Killerz tunes for a while, especially when we were on tour in Russia and that part of the world. I knew they would be the right guys to bring the ruckus with a drum'n'bass remix of this tune, and they have – big, nasty and raw!"

Terrible! No skills, no talent...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Thats 4 minutes of my life ill never get back

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
nothing special remix - 4/10
WLF - 10/10