<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  No Tourists reviews

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

:bigthumb:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:16 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 132Location: UKJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm
I didn't mind that review on the previous page, even if I might not agree with it after hearing the album. He's at least gone through some/most/all of the tracks (not reading through again to check which) and given his opinion based off of that. Fuck that first review though from the first page, it seems like such a half-arsed, don't give a fuck bit of writing that there was no way I was paying any attention to it. Total bullshit.

Good to see there's another couple now that are at least balancing out the negativity.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I'm really pissed off when I think to Someone Who talks about something that I can't hear.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
Critic reviews are opinions and opinions do matter because they can change your own opinion. I use to like Fight Fire with Fire but because of all the hatred for it I have a hard time liking it now. I also absolutely loved We Live Forever but some complaints have decreased my enjoyment for it. I also used to hate Breathe and Firestarter but love for those songs has increased my enjoyment of them. It's not that I want my opinion to change, it's just how my emotions respond. That's why if a song is released I try to listen to it before seeing the like to dislike ratio on YouTube and community feedback on it but because I'm not a hermit I will eventually come across those things in the future and they can often change my opinion.

Also opinions matter for the future of any band. If no one likes them, no one will see them. If no one sees them or buys their music, they're no longer going to produce content or tour. If there was an absolute guarantee that The Prodigy would be around forever it would be a lot harder to insult someone with an opposite opinion. But of course we're all going to die and seeing hatred for something we love just increases the rate of its inevitable downfall whether it be perception or reality.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:41 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 96Location: Wisconsin, USAJoined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:51 pm
Let me just start off by saying that I worked as a music journalist for 6 years and when Rolling Stone shot down Invaders Must Die with a one paragraph lukewarm blurb, I stopped caring about reviews at all--these are the same schlock writers that don't know the band or their audience...don't listen to 'em, they're the musical equivalent of cancer--these are the same guys that give pants-shitting rave reviews to the likes of David Guetta and his ulk, ugh!

What's more, any fan knows the Prodigy doesn't make music or do live shows for critical reception, they make music for their devoted fan-base.

With that said, here's my 2009 year-end review of IMD published back in early 2010--it's only 200-words due to strict space and bandwidth, but it does the band and the album far more justice than RS give it/them credit for....give it a look if you care to.

Scroll down the page in the link a bit and you'll find it...

https://www.popmatters.com/119711-part- ... belltitem1

No Tourists is going to rock!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:10 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Reviews getting better with 80/100 from Kerrang

https://www.metacritic.com/music/no-tou ... he-prodigy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:44 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 302Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am
Negative reviews are fine by me.
These beats belong underground... stops them falling into the wrong hands... :evilflame:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
hyperspeed wrote:
Negative reviews are fine by me.
These beats belong underground... stops them falling into the wrong hands... :evilflame:

Well said.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:49 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:31 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
more positive reviews for this than i expected.

Good! :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 171Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 pm
man these reviewers live in a different dimension, not acknowledging the highs of that album, some even not mentioning Timebomb or We Live...what the fuck is this shit are you kidding me

fuck outta here tourists

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:12 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
Agree. Some of them says boom tap or ho99o9 collab are the peak of the album. Cant agree with that :)

Here are 2 positive reviews

4/5

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/musi ... -1.3681499

5/5

https://theartsdesk.com/new-music/cd-pr ... o-tourists

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:37 am
GruntGruntPosts: 20Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:26 pm
Is Give Me A Signal the best ever closer of a Prodigy album, I go on wondering by now?

Our tastes for this band are all varied, different (and cool it is, of course) - but seriously......in terms of the very essence of Liam's work and quality of some of the main tunes written.....

This one is already up in the same bus with Narayan and such tracks, I must admit.

:evilflame: :bringit:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
5/10

https://www.loudandquiet.com/reviews/th ... -tourists/

Kerrang 4/5 in yesterdays issue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:27 pm