<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Timebomb Zone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:26 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
https://soundcloud.com/i-think-i-broke- ... hing-remix

Same guys that remixed Maxim's new single

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:29 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
call me old fashioned but for me all these new remixes only avaible in non-physical format are as if they didn't exist at all

I miss collecting Prodigy music, on top of this, the quality of the official remixes done by other artists has been going downhill since the Invaders era.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1014Location: SpainJoined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:01 am
jonyintheplace wrote:
call me old fashioned but for me all these new remixes only avaible in non-physical format are as if they didn't exist at all

I miss collecting Prodigy music, on top of this, the quality of the official remixes done by other artists has been going downhill since the Invaders era.

Totally agree man

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:33 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 68Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:

Same here. That was the one disappointing thing about the No Tourists era, was that there wasn't that many physical releases apart from the album itself and the RSD 7" vinyl. At least the TDIME era had physical promo copies you could purchase. Sadly nowadays everything has went digital.

Regarding the remixes, i thought some of the remixes during the TDIME era were decent and during the No Tourists era i enjoyed the Need Some1 remixes, and i thought the Penghsui remix of LUTS and the Teddy Killers remix of WLF were decent. I didn't enjoy the Conrank remix of TBZ tho.

It's a shame that WLF, LUTS and TBZ only received 1 remix each.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/i-think-i-broke-something/the-prodigy-timebomb-zone-i-think-i-broke-something-remix

Same guys that remixed Maxim's new single

Maxim's official, Prodigy not? Or Both official? Or none?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:47 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
jonyintheplace wrote:

I declare proudly too to be old fashioned.
When the remixes or singles have been released without official physical format(s) leads me straight to think they have not been completely happy with the tune or they don't believe it enough so they just release it via easy route only in digital format.

Even when the music itself (along with live shows) has always been the center of what The Prodigy is all about - also the cover art and the way they physically have wrapped their tunes "as a product" have had a special meaning to most of us.

It is not too harsh to say that the digital releases don't official exist to us if they are not officially published in physical format too.
Yes, even when we are living already the year 2020 (I can almost hear the millennials hooting).

I was also a bit disappointed with the way Roadblox remix by Paula Temple in 12" was published with its generic sleeve. What was that all about?! Was it a semi-official release by the band or just official remix by Paula Temple because it did not contain the original album version or at least an edit? A bit confusing and not-interesting.

That remix release is also listed here: https://www.discogs.com/The-Prodigy-Roa ... ter/903527 so probably it is official, but still it FEELS like an unofficial remix. And hence I don't like it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:32 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Lastu wrote:
I was also a bit disappointed with the way Roadblox remix by Paula Temple in 12" was published with its generic sleeve. What was that all about?! Was it a semi-official release by the band or just official remix by Paula Temple because it did not contain the original album version or at least an edit? A bit confusing and not-interesting.

That remix release is also listed here: https://www.discogs.com/The-Prodigy-Roa ... ter/903527 so probably it is official, but still it FEELS like an unofficial remix. And hence I don't like it.

https://www.factmag.com/2015/10/23/paul ... -remix-rs/

Quote:
Liam Howlett and R&S founder Renaat Vanderpapiere's friendship goes back a long way so they are hyped about this release. As Liam says: “I’ve always had massive respect for R&S records and Renaat since the start so its fukin great to see a Prodigy tune in the shape of Paula Temples heavy Roadblox remix come out thru the label”

As Liam is a big fan of R&S Records he probably wanted the release to be in the generic R&S sleeve.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:54 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Unfortunately, it has not been economically viable to release singles on physical formats for a long time. It's not really done anymore, even by the biggest selling artists in the world. Albums selling in physical formats is now a niche market compared to streaming. Physical releases seem to be aimed at the collectors while the masses are happy with streaming.

The 'No Tourists' era was abruptly halted so we don't know if there were plans for further releases related to album tracks. Maybe a CD would have come out with a collection of all the remixes, etc like 'The Day Is My Enemy (Expanded Edition)'?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:16 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
James Jupiter wrote:
Lastu wrote:

https://www.factmag.com/2015/10/23/paul ... -remix-rs/

Quote:
Liam Howlett and R&S founder Renaat Vanderpapiere's friendship goes back a long way so they are hyped about this release. As Liam says: “I’ve always had massive respect for R&S records and Renaat since the start so its fukin great to see a Prodigy tune in the shape of Paula Temples heavy Roadblox remix come out thru the label”

As Liam is a big fan of R&S Records he probably wanted the release to be in the generic R&S sleeve.

Sorry, I have missed that interview. Thanks for the link!

OK, this falls into category: "For those who know". And because I personally don't know R&S Records so I can't give credit what this label presumably deserve (from the band).

I just have to accept that this release was and is a big deal to Mr H. even if I don't understand it. The pick for the sleeve was still a downer at the time of it's release and I hope they won't go that way anymore once it is done with Roadblox.

Offline Profile