Author Message

<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  2019/LP8 Speculation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:09 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4053Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
It begins....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsBATfHBNPi ... oc6x63s5oe

Quote:
theprodigyofficial: And the countdown begins people ... 2019 gonna be big


He also did mention in 3 different interviews that something is coming out in 2019. Fingers crossed!

Ep? Best of? Remixes album? Dirtchamber (he kinda denied it on the fanboy interview but you never know)?


EDIT :

Hints :

https://youtu.be/rYaamhxQN_I

01:49:16

And

From fanboy interview :

Quote:
Most album releases have had their Expanded or Remix Editions. I’m guessing there’s one definitely happening for No Tourists, how about AONO?

WHO KNOWS! WAIT SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR


And

From the Russian interview :

Quote:
In a recent interview for Dazed, you said that you are planning to release The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume Two in the future. What motivates you now to create this release? Because we all remember that the release of the first part in 1999 seemed to symbolize the beginning of your solo DJ career. Is there already an approximate period when you plan to release this work?

IT WAS JUST A COMMENT , I MIGHT PUT IT OUT LATE NEXT YEAR ,, NOT REALLY BOTHERED AT THE MOMENT ABOUT PUTTING A MIX OUT OF OTHER PEOPLES MUSIC ,,.
, THERES SOMETHING ELSE WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT THAT WILL COME OUT NEXT YEAR FIRST



_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:41 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 739Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
It begins....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsBATfHBNPi ... oc6x63s5oe

Quote:
theprodigyofficial: And the countdown begins people ... 2019 gonna be big


He also did mention in 3 different interviews that something is coming out in 2019. Fingers crossed!

Ep? Best of? Remixes album? Dirtchamber (he kinda denied it on the fanboy interview but you never know)?


Just the 2019 tour, I'm sure of. If any release, maybe a remix album like TDIME got.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:30 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4053Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
The way he talked about it in interviews sounded like a musical release rather than a tour. Maybe that ep with the collaborations with Dizzee Rascal etc



_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3010Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Album recording and touring documentary. With a full new live album.



_________________
time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:30 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 223Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Probably the expanded version of AONO.


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:57 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6342Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Fingers crossed it's the results of the Timebomb Zone Remix competition



_________________
Is This Room Slightly Slanted ?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:01 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4053Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
https://youtu.be/rYaamhxQN_I

01:49:16

And

From fanboy interview :

Quote:
Most album releases have had their Expanded or Remix Editions. I’m guessing there’s one definitely happening for No Tourists, how about AONO?

WHO KNOWS! WAIT SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR


And

From the Russian interview :

Quote:
In a recent interview for Dazed, you said that you are planning to release The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume Two in the future. What motivates you now to create this release? Because we all remember that the release of the first part in 1999 seemed to symbolize the beginning of your solo DJ career. Is there already an approximate period when you plan to release this work?

IT WAS JUST A COMMENT , I MIGHT PUT IT OUT LATE NEXT YEAR ,, NOT REALLY BOTHERED AT THE MOMENT ABOUT PUTTING A MIX OUT OF OTHER PEOPLES MUSIC ,,.
, THERES SOMETHING ELSE WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT THAT WILL COME OUT NEXT YEAR FIRST



_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:28 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 865Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
i posted this somewhere a couple of months ago, probably in one of those 700000 page threads about the new album or whatever...

but i reckon, theres gunna be a covers/remix album coming out...with like, twists on old songs from new artists, so like that andy c SMBU thing and like ragga twins on out of space and stuff like that, new production - old tracks...like a prodigy vs. type thing perhaps...thats what im thinking anyway

not sure if AONO expanded will come out next year as good as it would be, that could be a 3 disc set really with the album, the canned album and the unreleased v2 stuff...highly unlikely we will get THAT much though..

and ive said for years and years, one day we will get a big fuck off box set full of all this shit we have been on and on about for years...no souvs, release yo delf, gabba, blah blah and an ace howlett remix of out of space or firestarter :rofl:...but thats probably a good five years off yet!!

just call me nostradumbass :guns: :guns:



_________________
www.supersonicarmy.com
www.facebook.com/thesupersonicarmy
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:54 am
GruntGruntPosts: 62Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
My guess is some sort of remix album, probably studio versions of live mixes. I also think it'll include some unreleased gems, like Benny Blanco, I just find it weird that Liam would play a new version after it being on the shelf for so long.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:57 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4053Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
A couple of people with 'reliable' sources are claiming that it's a big party in June, something like Milton Keynes.



_________________
You fucking set the fucking task and i fucking complete the fucking mission!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:27 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 936Location: BristolJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Fingers crossed it's the results of the Timebomb Zone Remix competition

It's not a competition. there's no prizes



_________________
Get to know my music ;)
www.soundcloud.com/progressismade

www.facebook.com/progressismademusic
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:46 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 552Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Trawizz wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
It begins....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsBATfHBNPi ... oc6x63s5oe

Quote:
theprodigyofficial: And the countdown begins people ... 2019 gonna be big


He also did mention in 3 different interviews that something is coming out in 2019. Fingers crossed!

Ep? Best of? Remixes album? Dirtchamber (he kinda denied it on the fanboy interview but you never know)?


Just the 2019 tour, I'm sure of. If any release, maybe a remix album like TDIME got.


Electronic_Punk® wrote:
A couple of people with 'reliable' sources are claiming that it's a big party in June, something like Milton Keynes.


The way he's been hinting at it with something specifically "coming out" next year makes it definitely sound like a release of some sort. Don't see why he would hype up a regular live tour like that.

I think we all agree a new album can be ruled out. An EP with a few remixes and possibly a couple of new tracks? Dunno but I doubt he would hype up an EP release like that. Invaders and TNIMF came out of nowhere and were overall lackluster. A sole No Tourists Expanded remix/expanded edition wouldn't be as hype worthy either especially since it's almost a logical consequence anyway seeing the trend of the latest albums.

untitled6 wrote:
Album recording and touring documentary. With a full new live album.

I would say this is likely and also where my current guess is at. Liam's been very avid about the writing process of this album being so intense and that much different compared to the others. A documentary like that paired with a new live album (which goes along with the theory of a dedicated MK-like live show) is what I could see happening. Not to mention that a No Tourists documentary / live album would perfectly tie in with the likely No Tourists Expanded release too. It could all be one big package/release.

The other possibility is of course a new 'best of' containing maybe a couple new tracks/unreleased tracks.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6342Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Progress Is Made wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Fingers crossed it's the results of the Timebomb Zone Remix competition

It's not a competition. there's no prizes



Oh.


Hope it's new music then, fingers crossed. And NT Festival like WDF, I think this question was sent to Liam and ignored in the Prodigy Fanboy interview :wink:


Should be in the first half of the year 8-)



_________________
Is This Room Slightly Slanted ?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:58 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1426Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I'd be amazed if there was a Best of/Greatest Hits album featuring the exact same version of already released tracks. I read the article below the other day about how Best of/Greatest Hits albums don't really make money anymore. The majority of music listeners use a streaming service where anyone can compile their own favourites into a playlist. Best of/Greatest Hits albums rely on physical sales of CDs which are a niche product these days. A record company wouldn't demand a Best of/Greatest Hits album anymore as it's a waste of an album off their deal with the artist.

An album of reworks/remixes would be welcome (as would anything else Liam wanted to release).

https://inews.co.uk/culture/music/what- ... dele-best/


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:10 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 107Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Haven't you all learnt the lesson? Liam always talking bullshit about "next year gonna be big". I tell you what will be in 2019: nothing. He is always promising new EP/music right after a new album, but some month after the fire is gone and nothing happens.
LP8 is very wishful, it should be removed from the title. LP8 will be in 5 years IF an LP8 happens at all.


Last edited by trigger/nuclear on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.


_________________
Every action a reaction!
Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC
Page 1 of 3
38 posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron