<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:30 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/19/liam-gal ... -10775086/

Quote:
Liam Gallagher gets emotional as he addresses Keith Flint’s death: ‘It’s terrible he got to that stage’
Mel Evans
Thursday 19 Sep 2019 8:05 pm

Liam Gallagher has opened up on the death of The Prodigy singer Keith Flint, saying he couldn’t believe the performer had died. Keith’s body was discovered at his Essex home on 4 March, before a Coroner’s Court found on the 11 March the singer died from hanging and had unspecified amounts of cocaine, alcohol and codeine in his system at the time of his death. Normally stoic Liam proved emotional when he addressed 49-year-old Keith’s passing during an interview with Matt Wilkinson on Apple Music’s Beats 1 this week. ‘It’s terrible that he got to that stage where he just had to do something like that, and all the other people that do that,’ he said. ‘I don’t know… and I’m sitting here, I don’t know I couldn’t, I couldn’t do that man. I couldn’t believe it man. There’s days like… I know Liam a lot more than Keith and that and speak to him every now and again and it must be terrible man.’

The former Oasis frontman – who dedicated a song to Keith during his Glastonbury set in June – said he spoke with Prodigy member Liam Howlett and encouraged the band to keep going, because the show goes on. ‘It’s like I said to him, do you know what I mean, I think there’s room for the Prodigy still, you know what I mean, with or without Keith…’ Liam said.

‘It just… they’re that kind of band that kind of adapts to that kind of thing. You don’t really know who’s a mega frontman and he was a big part of the thing.’ He continued: ‘There’s still room for that kind, you just got to look at it differently even after coming at it a different angle and that’s what I think that’s what The Prodigy is about.’ At the time of Keith’s death, The Prodigy issued a statement that read: ‘It is with deepest shock and sadness that we can confirm the death of our brother and best friend Keith Flint. ‘A true pioneer, innovator and legend. He will be forever missed. ‘We thank you for respecting the privacy of all concerned at this time.’

His cause of death wasn’t revealed until a week later, however his bandmate and friend Liam told fans not long after the news of his passing that Keith took his own life. In a post on the band’s official Instagram account, he wrote: ‘The news is true, I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend.’

https://mobile.twitter.com/w1lko/status ... th-2550130

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:07 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
never be the same again

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:29 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/national ... s-auction/

Quote:
An archive of music recordings, studio reels and artwork from his solo projects – Flint and Clever Brains Fryin’ – will also be auctioned.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:45 pm
A sad situation but if the family don't want these items, they might as well sell them to someone who does. You'd think they'd have listed everything for sale online and also been open to online bidders but that doesn't seem to be the case.

https://www.cheffins.co.uk/about/news/v ... ns_413.htm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 110Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
Cheffins Fine Art Auctioneers
Three MTV Music Awards are among the items up for auction in the sale of the personal effects of the late Prodigy frontman Keith Flint. The awards were given to Keith in 1997 for The Prodigy songs ‘Breathe’ and ‘Smack my Bitch up’. In excess of 170 lots will be offered to assist with the settlement of the estate’s liabilities and the items reflect Keith’s personal taste in art and fashion as well as his interests in music and beyond. The catalogue for the Keith Flint collection sale on Thursday 7th November will go on the Cheffins website at the end of next week. #keithflint #collection #collectorsitems #prodigyfans #MTV #awards #moonman #award
An eye-catching lot in the Keith Flint collection sale is this chair and footstool from the renowned London store of Jimmie Martin.

The personal effects from the home of The Prodigy’s late frontman will be sold by auction at Cheffins in Cambridge on Thursday 7th November. In excess of 170 lots will be offered to assist with the settlement of the estate’s liabilities.
Keith’s personal taste in art and fashion as well as his interests in music and beyond are reflected in the items in the sale.
The sale will commence at 6pm and admittance will be strictly by catalogue, priced at £15, available direct from the auctioneers.
Viewing of the sale will take place on Sunday 3rd November from 10.00-14.00, Monday 4th November 10.00-17.00, Tuesday 5th November 10.00-19.00, Wednesday 6th November 10.00-19.00 and on the day of sale from 09.00.
#keithflint #jimmiemartin #moderndesign #kaboom #customisedfurniture

Another @jimmiemartin piece of furniture in the Keith Flint Collection sale at Cheffins on 7th November is this gold painted serpentine chest, with four short drawers and acrylic handles; the drawer fronts and sides are adorned with crucifixes and it is signed and dated 2007.

#keithflint #collection #personaleffects #theprodigy #prodigy #prodigyfans #firestarter #cheffins #cambridge #jimmiemartin

The catalogue for the Keith Flint collection is now live on our website and a link to the page can be found in our profile. 171 lots have been catalogued in the sale which takes place on Thursday 7th November at 6pm. Hard copies of the catalogue will be posted next week for those who have already purchased a copy which are priced at £15 plus postage. Admittance on the day of sale will be strictly by catalogue and each one admits two people. Pictured are the steps to Keith’s custom-built oak and steel bed, supported at each corner by entwined thorns and accessed via steps supported on the back crouching winged mythical beast

#keithflint #collection #personaleffects #firestarter #theprodigy #iconic #frontman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:03 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 235Location: EstoniaJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:52 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Lot 163 is interesting..

Aside from that is it just me who feels very uneasy about his clothing being auctioned?

They could offer it me for free and I wouldn’t take any item....just feels very very wrong.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
Lot 38 is "undergrowth man" from the duggers vid when they toured Scandinavia

Now THAT has made me sad

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:39 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
Looks like LOT 163 (Flint/Clever Brains Fryin' tapes) has been withdrawn from sale, I'm guessing at the request of the Band/Management or the Label).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/l ... n-17195529

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/search/ ... tus=online

Jimmy Mcgroe wrote:
Looks like LOT 163 (Flint/Clever Brains Fryin' tapes) has been withdrawn from sale, I'm guessing at the request of the Band/Management or the Label).

Or bought outright by somebody :?:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:32 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 110Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
UK: Prodigy frontman Keith Flint's possessions to be auctioned in Cambridge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlc1r0N ... Q52CaQan5Q

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:29 pm
Harbinger wrote:
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/search/?keyword=Flint%20keith&sort=-bidCount&status=online

Still 3 days left to bid but the items listed on that website don't seem to be generating many bids. The bids are low for a lot of items. You'd think they'd have sold each gold (or silver) disc and awards separately to maximise the possible selling price.

Last edited by James Jupiter on Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:25 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Last minute bidders will push the prices up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
From what I gather, there will be more live bidders at the actual auction and online on the day.

I'm expecting high prices for most of the lots.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am