<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2174Location: U.S.A.Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 am
Such terrible, sad and painful news. The soundtrack of my life growing up and even beyond, hell I'm still recommending the The Prodigy to those unfamiliar to their music. I've got my tickets to the now cancelled Dallas show sitting on my desk next to the No Tourists bus and cassette. Woke up Monday to family and friends asking if I heard the news and if I was alright and really couldn't comprehend what happened until the wife asked if I was okay and then it felt like a punch to the gut.

RIP Keith Flint

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:41 am
GruntGruntPosts: 10Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:54 am
Danny_G13 wrote:

I would say this - I was watching a very recent performance on YouTube a few weeks ago and I didn't want to come on here and say 'Keith doesn't look right' because it would have upset a lot of people, he looked very much like he was going through the motions and looked like he'd had enough. It didn't look like his energy - so while it is all upsetting, the signs were almost certainly there.

Which performance are you meaning out of interest?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:57 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 108Location: Landgraaf - The NetherlandsJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm
It's been a couple of days now... Still can't get my head around it.. They've been in my life since 1992, i was 12 when i first heard the Experience, thanks to my brother. We've been fans from that moment on, seen them live the first time at Pinkpop 96, when i was almost on the stage (anyone remembers? Maxim invited the public on stage), i was frontrow then, so WHOOOP, over the barriers, and climbing on stage. For a brief moment i stood next tot Keith and Maxim, before we had to go back off the stage again.

My brother and i have so many memories together, new album, first listen was always together, we did 8 live gigs together in 6 different countries. The Netherlands (96, 10 and 15), Belgium (09), Germany (09), France (09), UK (2010 Milton Keynes, we where taxied in a police car trying to find our way through Milton Keynes, haha) and Luxembourg last december.
Our dream was to do Brixton Academy together :(

We've met countless Warriors, made conversations as if we all are friends for years.
So many experiences shared..

Only other Warriors understand that we are mourning now, outsiders won't understand.

The firestarter may no longer be among us, the fire will continue to burn in each and everyone of us! Hoping we all can do a Warriors Dance at some point in the future all together.

Stay strong, We Live Forever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 99Location: Landgraaf, NLJoined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 pm
splaTTs wrote:
Danny_G13 wrote:

I would say this - I was watching a very recent performance on YouTube a few weeks ago and I didn't want to come on here and say 'Keith doesn't look right' because it would have upset a lot of people, he looked very much like he was going through the motions and looked like he'd had enough. It didn't look like his energy - so while it is all upsetting, the signs were almost certainly there.

I'm guessing the Iceland gig?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
ParaDox wrote:
There’s nothing that did, is, or will ever come close to the epicness of The Prodigy discography AND live shows. It’s mind boggling how much power they delivered EVERY YEAR. I don’t think most people (non-fans) understand this level of dedication. This is unmatched. If only they knew...
There’s no one like them because what the boys achieved in musical history is impossible to do/redo. It’s one of a kind, and definitely to good to be true as it unfolded until now. But it did happen. They delievered what no other could.

Damn, watching their live show recordings now is so painful to do since until now when I watched I knew I’ll be able to see them again, and looked forward to their next concert. Now watching the recordings makes me nostalgic. I hate this nostalgic feeling from the bottom of my heart. I want the real deal. Fuck this. It’s so painful.

I love this comment. I feel the same way. There's nothing out there that matches The Prodigy. Nothing comes close to that live experience. Their legacy will forever be the brightest star in the music business for me. It was personal. It was a part of me, a personal outlet. They could include all sorts of fans. That always amazed me at the concerts. It was a family that the band welcomed us all into.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:56 am
GruntGruntPosts: 42Location: SpainJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:52 pm
I want to say a few words.

I had depression, for family reasons. I was treated by an incredible psychologist. That depression was caused by low self-esteem. I did not know who I was anymore.

One of the treatments was to make a "treasure map". On a poster, I had to paste photographs with all those things that were fundamental to me. You had to strive and look within yourself for your present and future treasures. That helped enforcarte, to reencontrarte with yourself.

One of those photographs that I added to the cardboard was the logo of the ant. My therapist asked me what it means.

I explained that it was my favorite group of music, that I had experienced incredible moments: I had traveled to other countries to see them, I had met other warrior fans, I had been happy, free ...

That same year, I went to see them live again, and the following year I tattooed my back. I think that only you can understand what a music group can mean to a person.

I can say to Keith, Liam and Maxim, helped me out of my depression and that there were moments that death was on my mind.

Thank you (sorry for my English)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:18 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
climbatize wrote:
I want to say a few words.

I had depression, for family reasons. I was treated by an incredible psychologist. That depression was caused by low self-esteem. I did not know who I was anymore.

One of the treatments was to make a "treasure map". On a poster, I had to paste photographs with all those things that were fundamental to me. You had to strive and look within yourself for your present and future treasures. That helped enforcarte, to reencontrarte with yourself.

One of those photographs that I added to the cardboard was the logo of the ant. My therapist asked me what it means.

I explained that it was my favorite group of music, that I had experienced incredible moments: I had traveled to other countries to see them, I had met other warrior fans, I had been happy, free ...

That same year, I went to see them live again, and the following year I tattooed my back. I think that only you can understand what a music group can mean to a person.

I can say to Keith, Liam and Maxim, helped me out of my depression and that there were moments that death was on my mind.

Thank you (sorry for my English)

Perfect English, my friend. So glad you got through it.

Stay strong all my Prodigy people.. Love and respect to you all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:33 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
This is a fucking shit. I love The Prodigy, a few days have gone by since his passing and I do feel that, probably, the most symbolic band of my life is gone forever. My teenage years, my youth...that was The Prodigy, something really personal for me in the 90's.

I am from Tenerife and I only managed to see them live twice, the first in my island in 1998 (the only time they came here) and the other time in Madrid in 2004. Distances never helped me on this regard, I wish I could have seen them more, now that possibility is gone forever.

Keith, you are a legend, probably you didn't give a shit about this anymore, but you truly are. Much sadder than I thought I'd be at the first moment.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:56 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Johnny Rotten on Keith's passing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fUk70PqVV8

When I see "Keith Flint's Death" text there and there... goosebumps. Weird.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Just saw a comment from Keith's neighbour who said that all Eight Keith's dogs are howling and crying all night long.

absolutely chilling.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
splaTTs wrote:
Danny_G13 wrote:

I felt the same after Alexandra Palace. Thought he looked tired, not quite feeling it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:32 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Rob is cashing in. Didn't even pay tribute to Keith. What a low human being.

how is he cashing in?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BurBTZKhVCK ... o92la5f0d0

He even edited the description. Check out the comments.

He's now posted a pic of him and Keith and repeated that he listed the guitar before this week.

I think it's best to give Rob the benefit of the doubt rather than jumping to conclusions.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:53 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 812Location: Illinois, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm
Moon wrote:
So many disrespectful and utterly terrible/trollish comments on the Fox News article.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/t ... dead-at-49

Also have seen many comments on the Facebook pages of the US festivals they were going to play at saying they've never heard of Prodigy, garbage music, or "no one cares" comments.

Being an American I could never understand why Americans in general hate the prodigy so much. Oh how I would've loved to see them at a venue where the crowd was actually exited to be there.

Americans don't have The Prodigy. younger people just don't know who they are. That's partly because their last US tour was in 2009.

With that, I know a shit ton of people here in the states that are pissed as fuck at Keith's passing. Most of the shit you see on comment sections are just dumb fucking trolls anyway. I'm in journalism and most of us have all together closed down comment sections.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:07 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
baxterbasics wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Rob is cashing in. Didn't even pay tribute to Keith. What a low human being.

He's now posted a pic of him and Keith and repeated that he listed the guitar before this week.

I think it's best to give Rob the benefit of the doubt rather than jumping to conclusions.

Agreed. Its embarrassing how some "fans" hate and go as far as threaten both Rob and Mayumi (even the wrong one). Its so primitive.

Dont take your feelings out on others, it was Keiths own choice to do what he did, and everyone else still have their own life to attend to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:34 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 183Location: Near the English ChannelJoined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:05 pm
Not posted in literally years but felt i had to come in here and read everyone's comments on here.

So sad for all the band members and his family. Sad for all of us that this is a true end of an era moment for the Prodigy.

Makes me think that life is precious and we shouldn't take shit for granted and try to live how you wanna live and if you are struggling talk to someone.

RIP Keith,
your candle burned twice as bright.

Offline Profile