<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:58 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 61Location: FranceJoined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm
@Mowgli:

Yeah man, I feel the same (and woke up with the red shark and pills t-shirt, I'm still wearing it now). I spoke here about this "No thanks." In NT credits, I found it strange. And the gigs, the interviews... He seemed elsewhere. I would NEVER have suspected what happened, but I was not reassured about him these last months.

I am devastated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:06 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Cant fukin believe that its the end of the Prodigy my favourite band ever. Why the fuk he did it?!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:12 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Like I said before, don't look for 'clues', 'signs' or 'answers'. Liam, Maxim and all of Keith's family and friends knew him better than any of us did. They're the better judges of how Keith was. They'll be torturing themselves trying to work out why Keith did it. Maybe only Keith knows why he did it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
Following my earlier comment, I had only heard that he'd died earlier. Now I find it was suicide, I'm even more shocked. It's time like this you realise just how precious life is and how much people really mean to you. I'm not the most emotional person at the best of times but this has hit hard.

I last saw the guys at Birmingham last year and I can honestly say it was one of the best gigs I'd ever been to. He seemed even more full of energy than usual and that's what makes it even harder to believe.

He'll be sorely missed by everyone who ever met him, listened to him or was just inspired by him.

RIP Keith. Forever in our hearts and minds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:30 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 812Location: Illinois, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm
Age can really fuck with you and I'm learning that myself as I'm into my 40s. I read somewhere that getting older was fucking with Keith's mind too.

Been devastated all day like all of you and only now am asking questions. Weirdly, I don't think this is the end of Prodigy. They're going to be quiet for a good amount of time and rightfully so, but they'll melt our faces off in due time. It's what they do. It's what Keith would want.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:34 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm
Just been watching his firestarter from MK bowl and just wanted to cry. Fuck......this is the first musician I genuinely devestated by their death.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:36 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 235Location: EstoniaJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm
Quote:
Keith Flint's battles with drink, drugs and depression were so severe that at one point, he admitted it was only his love for his six dogs that stopped him killing himself.

The late Prodigy star - who took his own life today aged just 49 - turned to booze and narcotics after the band wound down.

"I got bang into coke, weed, drinking a lot. This made me reclusive, boring and shallow," he told The Times.

"I'd line up rows of pills and just take them and take them and I'd lose track of how many until I passed out."

Admitting he was suicidal, he added, "But you need a lot of balls to kill yourself. I was a coward."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... s-14084830

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:44 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Jenko wrote:
Fakin ill wrote:
First Chester Bennington and now Keith. Alot of musicians I knew died lately. Its so sad.

Youll be forever in my heart Keith.

May we meet in heaven.

I am still shocked, its unreal that he is dead.

I never met him but still it feels like ive lost someone i loved:/

Hopefully Liam takes a leaf out of Mike Shinodas book: take some time out out then use that grief and put it into music and continue writing music under a solo name. Mike sometimes plays LP music at his gigs so Liam could do the same.

I'm still in shock, such a shame. Loving the tributes from some big personalities in and out of the industry

Well I hope Liam and Maxim produces songs together or their own and put their feelings to it, but i wouldnt blame them if they quit the music all together. Making music and gig can be hard at times when it takes so much energy:(

climbatize88 wrote:
Quote:
Keith Flint's battles with drink, drugs and depression were so severe that at one point, he admitted it was only his love for his six dogs that stopped him killing himself.

The late Prodigy star - who took his own life today aged just 49 - turned to booze and narcotics after the band wound down.

"I got bang into coke, weed, drinking a lot. This made me reclusive, boring and shallow," he told The Times.

"I'd line up rows of pills and just take them and take them and I'd lose track of how many until I passed out."

Admitting he was suicidal, he added, "But you need a lot of balls to kill yourself. I was a coward."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... s-14084830

This is sad, I really feel sorry for him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:49 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 72Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm
Welcome to the wall of death.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:58 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
Fakin ill wrote:

Well I hope Liam and Maxim produces songs together or their own and put their feelings to it, but i wouldnt blame them if they quit the music all together. Making music and gig can be hard

Gigs without Keith is almost impossible. Maxim will sing Firestarter or Keith part in Breathe ? Liam hates playback like David Guetta so this is imposiible too. My only hope is when time will pass that they will write new songs maybe not as The Prodigy name.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:07 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 308Location: LA, USAJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:27 am
changed my teen years in a such a way and I will always be grateful for that.
YOU will always be loved and missed!
R.I.P Keef

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:08 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
I'm truly gutted and no million words can describe how I feel right now. :vomit:

I hope in death he can find the rest he couldn't find in life.

R.I.P.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 1Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:52 am
Such sadness.

Just wanted to pay my respect somehow.

RIP my man.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:14 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 82Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Numb just numb....feels like a family member has passed.
I remember Keith taking a mic at my first ever Prodigy gig in 1995 and thinking wtf is he doing, then history was created as the first bars of firestarter came out of the speakers.....a real true British music icon. RIP KF

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2917Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I haven't written a word by now, because it would be useless. Old members from this forum know how and since how many time I've been loving this band.

What I can say is that I think they will stop it for a while. I don't think they'll play live anymore.
I think Liam will produce some stuff on himself, maybe asking maxim some vocal adds, probably by doing soundtracks, or even more possibly, by producing younger people.

This is sad, but as The Specials would say "this is the dawning of a new era" (even if in a bad way).

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW