<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:21 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Shocked, very sad and absolutely gutted. I can't believe it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 15Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:52 pm
Only just managed to make a new account after 2 attempts and forgetting the user name to my original account.

I don't post so much these days but wanted to leave something here to sum up my history with the lads.

My first encounter was at 7 years old when out of space was on constant rotation during 92 on a music channel called 'the box' ("music television you control" was the punchline). An older friend who was more in tune with music at the time used to put this channel on when he came around and we thought the video was hilarious.

Anyway that was my first memory but I didn't actually follow what was going on with prodigy till firestarter dropped in 96 when I was just on my way up to high school and literally everyone was singing it and talking about it.

From that moment on the rest is history and they have been the love of my life ever since.

When I heard this awful news it seriously felt like a punch to the throat and it still hasn't fully sunk in.

I'm trying to locate it now as i write this but I actually have a video of myself riding on keiths back in a sort of piggy back as he made his way through the crowd at a tiny gig I was at years ago (it was either 'the plug' or 'rainbow club' gig which were 2 of the best gigs I've ever been to and I've been to thousands)

So to wrap this post up I'd like to say a massive thank you to keith (and the lads) for the memories and good times I've had over the years. The music has been the soundtrack to over 3 quarters of my life and even though I've not been a huge fan of some of the more recent music I've still gone to the gigs and raved the night away.

Thanks again for the good times and I just hope there is a massive sweaty stinking rave in the sky happening thats just gained another raver.

Rip brother. One love xxx

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:26 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
i doubt they will go on, but maybe liam will want to keep going in other ways.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2917Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Jr wrote:
i doubt they will go on, but maybe liam will want to keep going in other ways.

I think this as well.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:31 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
is it just me or was there a massive difference in keith 2009-2010 where he was psyched and full force, and tdim + onwards? I felt he looked very aloof, as if he was distant...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 239Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:51 pm
Properly gutted. Massive part of my childhood and adolescence and shaped my musical preference.

Depression is a hard thing to live with and for some suicide is the only way to stop the hurt.

RIP you mad bastard, you gave many people a lot of joy in your short time with us.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
James Jupiter wrote:
Like I said before, don't look for 'clues', 'signs' or 'answers'. Liam, Maxim and all of Keith's family and friends knew him better than any of us did. They're the better judges of how Keith was. They'll be torturing themselves trying to work out why Keith did it. Maybe only Keith knows why he did it.

yes mate, I know what you mean but it's impossible not to ask ourselves the reasons behind this. 3 Months ago one of my best friends commited suicide and I ask myself everyday why, with anger and grief. There were no warning signs apparently but just a bad moment, like everybody of us must go through from time to time in life.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:43 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 812Location: Illinois, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm
I always had the goal of meeting a lot of you at a UK prodigy show.

I'm going to need a new excuse to fly over there from the States. Only bringing that up because that was my goal way back when I joined this forum at the old location.

Damn today just sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:49 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 1Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:30 am
rest in power flint

Last edited by Gatzu on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:56 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I didn't really react to the news the first 3 minutes after I heard them at work, but I suddently realized, I forgot how to do my work, because all thoughts I had in my head just disappeared in same second, so I started doing some mistakes. I was almost in a chok-mode. Keith has been my idol since 1996, since I saw him in the Firestarter video. It just feels like I've lost a dear family member. I've seen the Prodigy 7 times from 1997 to 2017, and met Keith a couple of times. He was truly sweet and down to earth always. That is what makes me sad, because he was this really warm person to be around. What also makes me sad is, that the Prodigy most likely will not continue without Keith. I guess that it will be to emotional for the members, and also the fans, without Keith's pressence. He took the spotlight every time. Rest in peace dear Keef. :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:01 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 21Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:21 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
Like I said before, don't look for 'clues', 'signs' or 'answers'. Liam, Maxim and all of Keith's family and friends knew him better than any of us did. They're the better judges of how Keith was. They'll be torturing themselves trying to work out why Keith did it. Maybe only Keith knows why he did it.

yes mate, I know what you mean but it's impossible not to ask ourselves the reasons behind this. 3 Months ago one of my best friends commited suicide and I ask myself everyday why, with anger and grief. There were no warning signs apparently but just a bad moment, like everybody of us must go through from time to time in life.

And I know too...once on the roof to get my friends hand....he asked help (about or over 20 years ago). You don't know nothing if the person says nothing.... and my friend is alive now.

Edit:
So I'm really sorry about your friend...I didn't know at the time either.. But it is their choice, you can't help if there is no help asked.

Last edited by Scienide on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:03 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 141Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:08 am
Because im a part of this community...i have the feeling to give some words...

after i read today the news...was hoping for fake...actualy i realized after liam posted i felt strange...

after i thought fuck...mental problems? why him...he had all the money in the world to look for support...he had friends?!

today was like a brother died...i never met him...but i know that for sure he was a good soft guy (always with the tough guys)...never thought it could happen to my most favourit band ever...my childhood...this music always gave me good energy...when i was angry i listened to the hard stuff....when i was in great mood the happy stuff...now? the sound feels different....he is playing now with kurt cobain some cool stuff...really hard...

next fear...the band will splitt...we all know that THE PRODIGY is NOT THE PRODIGY without the FIRESTARTER...liam will go for a long break...maxim also....i can understand this also.....

would be great honour if the guys plays the tour until the end and after saying....it was for keith....

i dont know what to think...im afraid of never getting this great concerts with the coolest guys...

but today i learned again...we are all humans will feelings...problems....and we have to talk and not to bullshit us....enjoy our life and this what we have......love ur next to u....

Keith RIP and take care of my dog called "SNOW"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1307Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
nasty.rebel wrote:
but today i learned again...we are all humans will feelings...problems....and we have to talk and not to bullshit us....enjoy our life and this what we have......love ur next to u....

Keith RIP and take care of my dog called "SNOW"

indeed brotha....life's too shot, no hate but love, peace and expression in everything

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:17 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

He ran a 5 k on Saturday. Might be his last photo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:31 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 135Location: Middle of nowhereJoined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:27 pm
Very sad day today still very hard to believe.
R.I.P. Keith