<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Everybody knows the lyrics in songs by the prodigy have no
Real meaning

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:07 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
dirt wrote:
Real meaning

Primarily yes, but what about Ibiza? As Guest01 pointed out to me though not Wall of Death. Whatever.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Moon wrote:
dirt wrote:
Real meaning

Primarily yes, but what about Ibiza? As Guest01 pointed out to me though not Wall of Death. Whatever.

yes youre right about that one and maybe narayan aswell

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:05 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
MotoGP Keith Flint interview from 2014: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsrXXfbbk0w

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
one month today..... shit!!!!

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:39 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 74Location: UkraineJoined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 am
Respect to Keith Flint from Ukraine
MOZGI - Digitalization
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK00_yp6tdU

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:10 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
I am glad that the Prodigys fans sticks together. The Prodigy and their warriors lives forever in my heart:)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Moon wrote:
dirt wrote:
Real meaning

Ibiza lyrics and name of the song, as we all know are response to "superstar" DJs and EDM music today.

So, yes. Some of prodigy lyrics have obvious or hidden meaning.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
dirt wrote:
Real meaning

I have to disagree. There are quite a lot that have, imo quite deep, sometimes hidden meaning lyrics.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:30 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Harbinger wrote:
dirt wrote:
Real meaning

I have to disagree. There are quite a lot that have, imo quite deep, sometimes hidden meaning lyrics.

Are you talking about Destroy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:41 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Moon wrote:
dead0fnight wrote:
The track names were also strange, now after this happened with keith, WE LIVE FOREVER, NEED SOME1, GIVE ME A SIGNAL, LIGHT UP THE SKY

I started feeling uneasy in 2015 with Keith's lyrics to Wall of Death. "Fuck this and fuck the cash! Fuck you and your heart attack!" Sounds like a direct response to the band's management or Liam's push to make more music and continue touring. Though perhaps those lyrics were in response to Liam's scrapping of "How to Steal a Jetfighter" tracks.

I get the impression that it was the other way around, at least in the AONO period. Liam said it was Keith that would nag him to get writing new tunes so they could get back on the road. This is why I worry that without Keith, Liam has one less thing pushing him back into the studio.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
dirt wrote:
Real meaning

That is one of the less obvious ones, but yes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:00 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 508Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:40 pm
I understand that Keith's suicide was a huge upset for all of us. But an act like this is much more complicated than it appears.

If professional psychologists, after tens of years of studying these things, cannot precisely predict or prevent one's suicide, what makes some "civilians" think "Wait, I got it, I saw him in that interview, he was clearly depressed, I wonder how come I'm the only one who noticed and his friends, family, therapist, employees did not?! Plus, the lyrics of TMMTH clearly indicate he was afraid of spiders and he will end up in a hospital!" Come on...

Whatever he went through, it was sadly too painful for him. Or he rationally decided that it was time (improbable, but not impossible: for one's conscious decision to end one's life, check organizations like Swiss' Dignitas, for example). Also, there's no need to point fingers and the attacks directed to Mayumi were quite despicable: no one knows what was going on between them, it's no one's business and no one should judge.

The only thing I find surprising is the religious service, both at his wedding and at his funeral. I thought they were not religious.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:41 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
CANARIS wrote:
The only thing I find surprising is the religious service, both at his wedding and at his funeral. I thought they were not religious.

What? I've been to plenty of weddings and funerals at church with religious services which were for non-religious people.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:13 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
dirt wrote:
Real meaning

<3