<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Keith Flint dead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:54 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
Apologies for the selfish post below.

Still trying hard to digest what happened.
My eyes can't kept dry when I see all the local and international media pay tribute to Keith.

Maybe as a defense mechanism, thinking whats next. Again, its selfish, things are fresh and they need to mourn.
From my part, boys got all the time they need. A month, six months, a year. Whatever it takes. I m not gonna bitch or anything.
So many thoughts, and between them is a about the future, except the obvious about canceling everything scheduled.

Liam and Maxim continue next year or two?
I highly doubt. Even with playback Keith's voice, shows will have many sad parts. Or cutting off tracks with Keith? Maxim alone in front will be so weird... so empty.
Liam continues on his own, doing some rare shows here and there?
I don't think he will enjoy a chemical brother's style show. Some dirtchamber things maybe with Maxim, but not live.

I hope for a 30 anniversary next year as a closure. I hope somehow that's not the case.
Whatever they do and whenever they decide, the boys always will have our love.
Hugs to everyone.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
So that Dj Mayumi Twitter is not his wife? Im confused.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:47 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 574Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
Fakin ill wrote:

No, it's always been DJ Gedo Mega Bitch not DJ Mayumi Kai, so not sure where this confusion even stems from. They look totally different too..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
toX wrote:
Fakin ill wrote:

No, it's always been DJ Gedo Mega Bitch not DJ Mayumi Kai, so not sure where this confusion even stems from. They look totally different too..

Are you sure abut that? Because Gedo's real name is also Mayumi Kai.

Two persons with same name, both are DJs, similar age and look... that's what confuse me for long time now.

(I even start a topic about this not so long ago. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14740).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:28 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Guest01 wrote:
toX wrote:
Fakin ill wrote:

Two persons with same name, both are DJs, similar age and look... that's what confuse me for long time now.

Hold on for a second, I thought only the first name (Mayumi) is the same? What source do we have that the DJ Mayumi is also called Mayumi Kai, apart from shitty media coverage?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:30 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
We all knew that the band had to come to an end at some point, but this is probably the worst possible ending of all. I know its still very recent, but it is hard not to see this as a stain on the legacy right now and thats not really fair. It is not a fair ending for anyone involved.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:34 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 144Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:45 pm
The official site is back up with a montage of Keith photos. Nice touch..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
sado1 wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
toX wrote:

Hold on for a second, I thought only the first name (Mayumi) is the same? What source do we have that the DJ Mayumi is also called Mayumi Kai, apart from shitty media coverage?

Now, it's even hard to google it, because it's complete mess there. Don't know who/what to believe.

Unbelievable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:03 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
welshy wrote:
The official site is back up with a montage of Keith photos. Nice touch..

You have to think Liam is behind that going by it says "Keef" and not "Keith" and "Raise the roof". Not something that would happen without approval.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:07 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 17Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:23 am
I'm here to pay my respects pretty much, hugs to everyone:'(.... fuck man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:14 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 218Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:32 pm
Some reactions:

Tom Morello:
Rest In Peace Keith Flint. I remember meeting Keith on tour in Australia. I didn’t know he was in a band, but what a good dude. I thought he was an Australian roadie. Later that year ran into him backstage at Pinkpop and said “hey! Good to see you! Who you working for?” He said “ I’m in a band, I’m here playing.” I said, “oh how nice, how was your show?” He said, “we are playing after Rage. We are headlining this festival.” I’m like, well I’m gonna check that out! One of the very few bands in history to kick Rage Against The Machine’s ass in a live setting. They were tremendous and Keith was an electric, powerful, compelling and dangerous frontman. I was very much influenced by them and continue to be. Had the great pleasure of running into Keith last summer and was reminded what a good and talented dude he was. Rest well, Firestarter. (Suicide can be prevented, you CAN get help: please go to save.org)
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bul983Bh0Fs/

Jim Davies:
Taken me a while to work out whether to post anything on here or not. I don’t want it to look like I’m looking for any sympathy because I don’t deserve any.

I loved Flinty. At times he fucking terrified me! He often mercilessly ripped the piss out of me in the early days when I first played with them…(deservedly!) but I loved him. What I’ll remember the most though is laughing - sitting in his kitchen all night making each other cry and scream with laughter till I couldn’t breathe.

There was a period when we were ridiculously close, when he was my closest friend. We lived together for a long time during which he sorted my head out on many occasions. He always bigged up my musicianship skills but never gave himself credit for having any. At all… Although the Flint solo album we worked on together was never released, I still to this day think his vocals were incredible on many of the tracks. He was far more than just a scary face and a hair cut.

It’s taken me many years to get to the point I’m at today where I feel nothing but proud of the tracks I played on with Keith. Firestarter and Breathe are part of this country’s musical make up and history. I played an incredibly small part in that.. It was all about him, in my opinion…

I lost contact with him a while ago and had been planning on getting back in contact again just recently, the fact that I didn’t and that I wasn’t there when he needed help will always be with me… I’m sorry mate.
#keithflint #theprodigy
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoQA4sF1ci/

Shahin Badar:
BRITISH MUSIC HISTORY - The Prodigy
Our Legend - Keith Flint
To my darling Prodigy fans .I am absolutely devastated. Thank You for your calls and messages. Today Liam has lost his brother , music icon Keith Flint.There will never be anyone like Keith.I know you are hurting so am I. Regardless of his dynamic image he was a beautiful soul .He was kind and humble.When I recorded the vocals for "Smack My Bitch Up" and saw Keith ,I was excited to meet him.After I layed my vocals down at the studio..Keith looked up at me with a great smile, waved his hands up in the air and said "your vocals are Amazing ,this is gonna be huge" .We met few times after that at the recording studio with Liam.
He was intelligent ,always so happy , bubbly and full of admiration.He believed in good vibes .He said I was deep .We had a great aura around us. I know his soul was looking for light,searching for something more .When one gets to speak on a personal level ,we connect tend to build more respect for the person . I feel so empty today ,tears hasn't stopped .I prayed for him and am thinking of all the band members including Maxim. At this time of distress. May God give strength to his family , friends & fans.

Faith strengthens us.

I shall miss Keith terribly .He shall always be part of us! My family too are saddened by the news today and send you all their love!

My Prodigy boy's are No.1 and always shall be No.1 in music history.
Love you Keith
May your soul rest in peace!
AMEEN

Shahin Badar
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bun3m5PFVJx/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:15 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Rob is cashing in. Didn't even pay tribute to Keith. What a low human being.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1956Location: sitting on cloudsJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:37 am
ExCiZieR wrote:
I hope for a 30 anniversary next year as a closure. I hope somehow that's not the case.
Whatever they do and whenever they decide, the boys always will have our love.
Hugs to everyone.

There will be

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
s0ren wrote:
We all knew that the band had to come to an end at some point, but this is probably the worst possible ending of all. I know its still very recent, but it is hard not to see this as a stain on the legacy right now and thats not really fair. It is not a fair ending for anyone involved.

Hello my friend...kamaki. ;)

It depend from our point of view. For me it's impossible to see it as a stain on the legacy of the Prodigy. In my eyes a "stain" would be something like a collaboration with those cheap artificial popular idols/bands of the music industry.

I'm glad they've kept it original so far.. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:26 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
I mean its not the ending they deserved. Its not a worthy farewell. It may look less bleak later on though...

Ti kaneis re file? :)