<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Fast approaching a month now...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:39 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
So it's been nearly a month since this unspeakable tragedy happened - how do you feel now?

Obviously it remains raw, but if I was to describe how I feel, it would be that a huge part of my life was taken from me and listening to the band now feels wrong.

For now, anyway. it's put a real, and I don't mean to trivialise anything, but a real 'dampener' - Prodigy were all about energy and joy, the thrill and the buzz of listening to them.

Now it feels empty and pointless.

I know, I sound selfish, because his family and the band themselves are going through bigger hell than the fans are.

How are you guys and girls feeling almost one month on?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Empty is a good word to describe how I feel.
The Prodigy was my sanctuary when it came to music.
But I think it will always be that.
The legacy is tainted though.
I still can't believe it!
The Prodigy was all about the energy for me, but it was also about fun.
But fun it isn't anymore.
I guess I'll manage and move on, but I'm gutted that I have to, and I'm not ready to move on yet. They meant the world to me as a band. Without the Prodigy I really think my life would have been a lot different. Music has been my center through life because of them.

I feel sad that Keith was feeling so bad and nobody noticed or helped him, well I don't know if they did, but the outcome... Yeah, can't believe it.
Mostly I feel sad for the band and those who knew Keith.
Of course I didn't know him, but I'm trying to cope as well.
The Prodigy was personal for me, and so was this death.
In a way I think it's ok to be a little selfish at times like these.
When something is stripped away from you like this we have to react and feel something to get past it.
Damn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:12 am
Lectro wrote:
Empty is a good word to describe how I feel.
The Prodigy was my sanctuary when it came to music.
But I think it will always be that.
The legacy is tainted though.
I still can't believe it!
The Prodigy was all about the energy for me, but it was also about fun.
But fun it isn't anymore.
I guess I'll manage and move on, but I'm gutted that I have to, and I'm not ready to move on yet. They meant the world to me as a band. Without the Prodigy I really think my life would have been a lot different. Music has been my center through life because of them.

I feel sad that Keith was feeling so bad and nobody noticed or helped him, well I don't know if they did, but the outcome... Yeah, can't believe it.
Mostly I feel sad for the band and those who knew Keith.
Of course I didn't know him, but I'm trying to cope as well.
The Prodigy was personal for me, and so was this death.
In a way I think it's ok to be a little selfish at times like these.
When something is stripped away from you like this we have to react and feel something to get past it.
Damn.

I think you nailed it with 'tainted' and the term 'moving on' - it's hard to, and in time it might be good to listen to them again, but for now and the foreseeable future I do feel 'moving on' is accurate. Moving on to other music, moving on from that era of our lives.

It's definitely changed the landscape completely. They will always be my favourite band, but until it changes in my heart, I don't think I'll be listening again.

I would say that my life never revolved around them the way it seems to have for you, so you will sadly find that tougher than me. And I'm sorry such an integral part of your existence was taken away.

I'm also sorry mods for posting this in 'news' but I guess it doesn't really matter where stuff gets posted now?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:06 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I just started listening to the early tracks again. No Keith tracks for now. Mostly the rave/acid/goa style tracks. I'm not in the mood for Keith tracks at all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:02 pm
Trawizz wrote:
I just started listening to the early tracks again. No Keith tracks for now. Mostly the rave/acid/goa style tracks. I'm not in the mood for Keith tracks at all.

I meant to get in touch with you. Two of my most standout tracks of recent times have been your remixes of LUTS and WoF.

You really live up to your username. I know it's all a bit hollow at present, but that is one way I HAVE been able to get more out of them - by listening to fan remixes. Mattheus' reboot of the MK version of Everybody in the Place was another.

Almost like it's listening to them without it being them. And I sort of like that right now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
I've been playing nothing but Prodigy for the last week in the car on the drive to work. I have a new appreciation for just how good The Prodigy are (yes ARE, not WERE), having not listened for a while.

And I think that's one of the best ways of remembering Keith. Not by feeling sad any more, but celebrating. And I gotta say it definitely helps you come to terms with times like this.

Raise The Roof indeed. In fact, blow it the f*ck clean off. It's what he would have wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:43 pm
It's still a bit depressing that the story ends like this. It will maybe be better later on, but for now, there is nothing for me to celebrate. He was supposed to have lived for another 30 years on his farm or whatever. He is even going to be buried on my birthday, just on top of that. I miss this fella.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:46 pm
Danny_G13 wrote:
Trawizz wrote:

I meant to get in touch with you. Two of my most standout tracks of recent times have been your remixes of LUTS and WoF.

You really live up to your username. I know it's all a bit hollow at present, but that is one way I HAVE been able to get more out of them - by listening to fan remixes. Mattheus' reboot of the MK version of Everybody in the Place was another.

Almost like it's listening to them without it being them. And I sort of like that right now.

I hardly did anything. The WoF was done by someone I can't remember, and I just edited the break down. No biggie.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:07 pm
Trawizz wrote:
Danny_G13 wrote:
Trawizz wrote:

I hardly did anything. The WoF was done by someone I can't remember, and I just edited the break down. No biggie.

Modest, but understandably so.

These are times of a limbo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:12 pm
jetsonik112 wrote:
I've been playing nothing but Prodigy for the last week in the car on the drive to work. I have a new appreciation for just how good The Prodigy are (yes ARE, not WERE), having not listened for a while.

And I think that's one of the best ways of remembering Keith. Not by feeling sad any more, but celebrating. And I gotta say it definitely helps you come to terms with times like this.

Raise The Roof indeed. In fact, blow it the f*ck clean off. It's what he would have wanted.

Without Keith, unfortunately as much as I want to say otherwise, there's no Prodigy.

Queen aren't Queen without Freddie, Stones wouldn't be them without Jagger, and take away Paul and you've not got the Beatles.

There's LH and Maxim - where they go now is anyone's guess but I'd be very surprised if they continue in present form.

And I think, in reply to your final sentence - he was seemingly in such a dark place by the end, no energy left, that he just didn't care about roofs or anything else. It's easy to attribute things to those who aren't around to agree or disagree, but we just don't know what he did or didn't want. Well. Sadly, we know what he did want.

Offline Profile