<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  So what now.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:33 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
GL0WKiD wrote:
scooper wrote:
Anyone else notice that Maxim hasn’t liked that post, despite being very active on Instagram?

Alright...And Leeroy has commented on the post etc.
So does this means anything?

Illuminati confirmed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
don't read into it too much (maxim not liking post). there is too much unereavaled right now. we don't know what is going on exactly. let's wait for proper interview or something.

it is good sign that he returned to social media, something related to prodigy music. i'm sure journalists are eager to get proper quotes from him. there are hunders of thousands of people who would like some real information. tho i would't be surprised if there is going to be another 6 months of silence.

is prodigy returning to stage? just releasing studio album? it's rather unlikely Liam will go solo (with drummer and guitarist). and most unreal is he replaces both Keith and Maxim with new vocalists. it would't be prodigy any more.

at least things are going forward. that's all i need to know. and it's such a great news.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:47 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
scooper wrote:
Anyone else notice that Maxim hasn’t liked that post, despite being very active on Instagram?

Seriously? :woops:
You're reading way too much into meaningless things like these.

dead0fnight wrote:
would be cool to end/rework some unfished tracks with keith and to make a full album

I guess that's a question of morality. Everyone is gonna have their own opinion on whether it feels right to commercialize work using contributions of a passed member. One group of people would see it as a tribute in respect to Keith while the other side would consider it exploitation. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a negative outburst if he were to release Keith tracks.
Personally I'm holding a neutral position in this regard.
I doubt he's going to release an album full of Keith tracks though especially since Liam's motto has always been to "start fresh" and not look back at old things, and I believe Keith's passing is where he may have drawn a line between old and new times.
In any case, getting something like a single track as a farewell for Keith would be nice, maybe even as a free download.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:05 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 609Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:11 am
GL0WKiD wrote:
scooper wrote:

Alright...And Leeroy has commented on the post etc.
So does this means anything?

:!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:56 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 41Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:38 pm
toX wrote:
scooper wrote:

Seriously? :woops:
You're reading way too much into meaningless things like these.

I hope so, he has liked most of the previous posts by official account, you’d think he’d be extra fired up about this. There is a real possibility that Maxim thinks it’s too soon (which is his choice to make) and The Prodigy is actually just Liam right now.

dead0fnight wrote:
would be cool to end/rework some unfished tracks with keith and to make a full album
I guess that's a question of morality. Everyone is gonna have their own opinion on whether it feels right to commercialize work using contributions of a passed member. One group of people would see it as a tribute in respect to Keith while the other side would consider it exploitation. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a negative outburst if he were to release Keith tracks.
Personally I'm holding a neutral position in this regard.
I doubt he's going to release an album full of Keith tracks though especially since Liam's motto has always been to "start fresh" and not look back at old things, and I believe Keith's passing is where he may have drawn a line between old and new times.
In any case, getting something like a single track as a farewell for Keith would be nice, maybe even as a free download.

I don’t think it’s got anything to do with morals. Keith was his brother, who gives a fuck if some fans who have never met Keith and know nothing about him other than what they've read online think it's exploitation? Liam has the right to do whatever the fuck he pleases.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:33 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
On March the 5th Engine-Earz mentioned "Liam, Nick and i were just listening to your voice all this weekend prepping next steps." so we know there are unreleased tracks with Keith vocals.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoH-vclRX4/

I wonder if we'll ever get the release/s which had been planned for this year before Keith's death? That could include the Andy C remix of 'Firestarter', the track (SMBU rework?) Shahin Badar did vocals for, the unreleased collaborations (Ragga Twins, Dizzee Rascal, etc), etc. The promotion of 'No Tourists' was understandably stopped early. There could be more singles/remixes from that. It could be a clean slate. I'm ecstatic to be getting anything but I hope the tracks that were planned for release get released at some point.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:45 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 17Location: St Nazaire - FranceJoined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 am
James Jupiter wrote:
On March the 5th Engine-Earz mentioned "Liam, Nick and i were just listening to your voice all this weekend prepping next steps." so we know there are unreleased tracks with Keith vocals.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoH-vclRX4/

I wonder if we'll ever get the release/s which had been planned for this year before Keith's death? That could include the Andy C remix of 'Firestarter', the track (SMBU rework?) Shahin Badar did vocals for, the unreleased collaborations (Ragga Twins, Dizzee Rascal, etc), etc. The promotion of 'No Tourists' was understandably stopped early. There could be more singles/remixes from that. It could be a clean slate. I'm ecstatic to be getting anything but I hope the tracks that were planned for release get released at some point.

Adding to the fact that Liam says in a podcast who came out the day NT get released that in 2019 there will be "something else we are putting out" and they know what they are going to do 6 month in advance

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:50 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
ThoBos wrote:
Adding to the fact that Liam says in a podcast who came out the day NT get released that in 2019 there will be "something else we are putting out" and they know what they are going to do 6 month in advance

Yes, we know for a fact that there was a plan to release something in 2019. It's just a question now of if that "something" will still be released.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:58 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:57 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
SPOT ON:

Darkwave wrote:
I believe they will be back...

:bringit:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:32 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
I'm so glad liam's back in the studio again!!
plus, gotta say this, thankful for all the people here on this forum sticking around.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 pm
The band updated their logo on their social media and streaming services.

https://www.facebook.com/theprodigyoffi ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:40 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 17Location: St Nazaire - FranceJoined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 am
So No Tourists era seems... finished ? I guess ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:42 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
I think it's great they are back. Let's rol!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:01 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 604Location: WI, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:13 pm
I freaked out full blast when i saw Liam's call for new music. thank the rave gods!