<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  So what now.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:47 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 358Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:10 pm
positive vibes positive headlines pure resilience didnt think it would happen so happy and happy for all

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:05 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
"Back in the studio making noise .. brand new Prodigy tunes are gonna roll , boooom"

I am glad to hear that they are doing music. I am still very sad about the news about Keith, i will continue supporting the band members as good as i can.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:52 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
scooper wrote:
Anyone else notice that Maxim hasn’t liked that post, despite being very active on Instagram?

Maxim has put a pic up on Insta and when someone commented: "I can't wait to hear new music", he just replied: "maybe".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:11 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Flannerz wrote:
scooper wrote:
Anyone else notice that Maxim hasn’t liked that post, despite being very active on Instagram?

Maxim has put a pic up on Insta and when someone commented: "I can't wait to hear new music", he just replied: "maybe".

We don't know if Maxim was referring to his own music or Prodigy music though.

Liam said there will be new Prodigy music. Liam writes the music so I'll take his word for it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
The way I feel it is that Liam could have waited a little longer. Like a year or two or even five. In Prodigy standarts we are used to wait for a while before new music arrives.

Do we really need a new Prodigy record right now or even an EP? No Tourist came out less then a year ago.

I thought Maxim will focus on his art and solo music projects and Liam will finally do Dirtchamber sessions volume 2, movie soundtrack, different music project. There are so many possibilities. Even if Keith was still alive today I would recommend them doing something different and distant themself from the band for a few years. It can be very healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:27 pm
There isn't any new music yet. Who knows when we'll hear it? As for Liam waiting, it's up to him. Liam and Maxim's lives and careers were derailed when Keith died. It's up to them to decide how long they need and if they continue with The Prodigy. Liam seems to have decided to get back to it. Some people feel the need to get back to normality. Life goes on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:17 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 15Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm
For all we know Liam going back into the studio could just be part of his coping mechanism, he has to go back in at some point....six months or six years he has to face that particular thing at some point. Not the first time he's done prodge music without Keith or even maxim mind. I hope he will going forward maybe think that not every tune he writes is for the live scene. I'm looking forward to more narcotic suites, climbatize,more weather experience type tracks where your taken on a journey, not just whacked over the head with a sonic hammer. I like the heavy stuff but I feel the airy soundscape tracks have been pushed aside too much. It also could be a nice way to say " hey I can still continue.....not sure how but here's some laid back beats while I figure it out"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:33 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
James Jupiter wrote:
Flannerz wrote:
scooper wrote:

We don't know if Maxim was referring to his own music or Prodigy music though.

Liam said there will be new Prodigy music. Liam writes the music so I'll take his word for it.

I didn't take it as there might not be more Prodigy music, more that Maxim might be unsure if he is/wants to be involved in it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:18 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
untitled6 wrote:
The way I feel it is that Liam could have waited a little longer. Like a year or two or even five. In Prodigy standarts we are used to wait for a while before new music arrives.

Do we really need a new Prodigy record right now or even an EP? No Tourist came out less then a year ago.

I thought Maxim will focus on his art and solo music projects and Liam will finally do Dirtchamber sessions volume 2, movie soundtrack, different music project. There are so many possibilities. Even if Keith was still alive today I would recommend them doing something different and distant themself from the band for a few years. It can be very healthy.

No Tourists era died with Keith. It is over. Moving on, new direction. For himself and maybe even the fans for once, telling life goes on, with new tunes. But who knows if it will take 6 months or 6 years. Just nice to hear that they move on somehow.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:47 pm
We have no idea what music Liam is working on or planning to release. We'll get what we are given. It would be a real shame if whatever they'd already planned to release this year never comes out. We don't know if unreleased tracks and/or remixes featuring Keith will be released or not. It's up to them and time will tell. I'm just happy Liam has decided to continue writing Prodigy tracks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:07 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Looking forward to hearing whatever the next step is. Soundtracks, DC2, all good.

Maybe as a live band, that is it. It could never be the same after Keith.

:pimp:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:47 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 41Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:41 am
I still wonder if The Prodigy might have something to do with the new James Bond soundtrack - It was roumored before, but also funny that Liam post the same day that it is announced what the title of the nex Bond movie is.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Great news! :)
I bet he's "in the zone" right now testing some cool stuff.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:28 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Something was coming out this year as he previously mentioned. I wonder if that ep with guest vocalists like Dizzee Rascal will be part of the next release.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Glad to see Liam like this.

Offline Profile