<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Maxims new album

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
You can listen to his interviews in two Japanese radioshows that were broadcasted during December:

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm36460054

and

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm36457315

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:14 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:18 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 141Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:08 am
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

first track since a long time i love from maxim

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:26 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 6Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:21 pm
Sounds like a Liam production. Any info anywhere?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:44 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
The production sounds like a demo to me. Maybe a little tweak here and another there, I don't know..

Lyrically just like the tracks from his early days when he was called Grim Reaper and later when he produced the tracks like Dog day and Factory girl.

So sorry, not that excited about this. :-|

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Souds alright! Listened on my way from work in the car many times. Definitely a step forward from Love More material.

Hate the artwork though. Drop the love theme already.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:44 am
untitled6 wrote:
Souds alright! Listened on my way from work in the car many times. Definitely a step forward from Love More material.

Hate the artwork though. Drop the love theme already.

I could not agree you more on that artwork. I think this "Make love - not war" theme is quite worn out by several other outwits out there which actually does not fit into his (Maxim) and their (The Prodigy) ethos and escapism.

So please stay more raw, angry, fierce, violent and in-your-face attitude.
That what is all about :bringit:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:26 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 894Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
Lastu wrote:
The production sounds like a demo to me. Maybe a little tweak here and another there, I don't know..

Lyrically just like the tracks from his early days when he was called Grim Reaper and later when he produced the tracks like Dog day and Factory girl.

So sorry, not that excited about this. :-|

agreed! he posted a clip of it on his insta last week and i figured it was a work in progress. Sounds very much like a Liam demo to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:14 am
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
MKLBST wrote:
Sounds like a Liam production. Any info anywhere?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
An ok tune. With Liam or not, sounds more The Prodigy than last The Prodigy stuff :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:49 pm
Nightmare wrote:
An ok tune. With Liam or not, sounds more The Prodigy than last The Prodigy stuff :lol:

Yes, I totally agree bro! It sounds more Prodigy than :

Need Some1, Light Up The Sky, We Live Forever, No Tourists, FFWF, Timebomb Zone, Champions of London, Boom Boom Tap, Resonate, Give me a Signal.

The Day is My Enemy, Nasty, Rebel Radio, Ibiza, Destroy, Wild Frontier, Rok-Weiler, Beyond the Deathray, Rhythm Bomb, Roadblox, Get your fight on, Medicine, Invisible Sun, Wall of Death.

Should I add AONO and IMD? Cause I don't recall you shitting on them like these two albums ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let me know ASAP, I'm dying to edit my post and the tracklists.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:08 pm
OK, we seem to be from different planets..

I don't see THAT much resemblance with the Prodigy sound! If this tune ELEVATORS would have come as instrumental from national radio I would not falsely believed to be Liam's work. Not by a long shot.

Those tracks and even albums (IMD and AONO) Electronic_Punk® mentioned I definitely and quite quickly recognized as Liam's work even if they all are quite different in style, production-wise and mood.. They ALL still have those typical Liam's elements tattooed all over.

Does anyone else here in BK forum agree?

And if this track ELEVATORS truly resembles any of the Prodigy track I would not count that as merit. As you both seem to be.
When Maxim did Hell's kitchen album that really had a unique sound with a solid theme or red threat which did not resemble me anything I have heard before/after. That unique direction or own sound Maxim should be after again...

And not to try deliberately or sub-consciously copy Liam's sound.
Because it is simply impossible to do right or to be real.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I really like Hell's Kitchen. I was hoping Maxim was gonna do something for its 20th. I wasn't reslly into Fallen Angel. I miss his darker style.

Elevators reminds me more of Hell's Kitchen than The Prodigy. Would be cool to hear an LH Remix of Elevators though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 pm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:02 pm
Yeah, this is more back to the atmosphere of Hell's kitchen.. :guns:
And more variation of "moods" inside the track than in any of the tracks on Love more..

So, yes. Interesting. I have to chew it for a while though.

Offline Profile