<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New beats ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:28 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
subtract wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
I wonder if there's any significance in Richard Russell being there with Liam? Richard Russell runs and co-owns XL Recordings. Could that mean it's something to do with the remix/rework release that was originally due to come out in 2019 (being that a lot of the new remixes mentioned are for tracks originally released on XL Recordings)? Having said that, BMG publishes Liam Howlett’s entire song catalogue and The Prodigy were signed to BMG for 'No Tourists' (not sure if it was just a one album or multi album deal) so I'm not sure why XL Recordings would be involved. You'd think Richard was there in an official capacity but maybe he was just there as he's a friend of Liam's?

Just read his book which details their relationship and that Liam's asked him to work with him before but he refused as didn't think he was good enough! Think now he has more experience under his belt he could be working with him

His book is amazing and well worth a read about XL/Prodigy

He did not think Liam was good enough? 3 first albums definitly proves, he is one of the best, if he really put his mind to it. I would more believe, that Liam is a slow producer, and I guess, not many people would have the patience to work with him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:49 am
GruntGruntPosts: 81Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
On Maxim’s lack of comment about new material, all that seems familiar when I think of my emails with Nick Halkes, I wanted to add to some part time journo experience I’m doing and interview LH and Nick was very guarded and said if any questions are about the future etc then no chance as details will come out when LH is ready and not before. Despite all that Nick was very friendly and happy to reply.

Seems real radio silence from the guys up until that point whereby I think most fans would like just a little update and maybe just a bit of info if they are up for idea of touring again after the pandemic is over.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:12 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
antwarrior79 wrote:
On Maxim’s lack of comment about new material, all that seems familiar when I think of my emails with Nick Halkes, I wanted to add to some part time journo experience I’m doing and interview LH and Nick was very guarded and said if any questions are about the future etc then no chance as details will come out when LH is ready and not before. Despite all that Nick was very friendly and happy to reply.

Seems real radio silence from the guys up until that point whereby I think most fans would like just a little update and maybe just a bit of info if they are up for idea of touring again after the pandemic is over.

The prodigy do not owe you or their fans a live update.

Keith died, that is a big enough statement that maxim/liam will take their time to grieve, this isn't a business where people are replaced instantly, they have no one to please anymore, not to mention no live shows to play out at.

they will return when they are ready, social media expects updates to be fast, this is the world of the prodigy, as a musician myself, i know that rushing art/music is a pointless endeavor and in all honesty, pressure on liam is the last thing wanted after keiths death as for all we know it could just be the end of the prodigy at this point.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:41 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Trawizz wrote:
subtract wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
I wonder if there's any significance in Richard Russell being there with Liam? Richard Russell runs and co-owns XL Recordings. Could that mean it's something to do with the remix/rework release that was originally due to come out in 2019 (being that a lot of the new remixes mentioned are for tracks originally released on XL Recordings)? Having said that, BMG publishes Liam Howlett’s entire song catalogue and The Prodigy were signed to BMG for 'No Tourists' (not sure if it was just a one album or multi album deal) so I'm not sure why XL Recordings would be involved. You'd think Richard was there in an official capacity but maybe he was just there as he's a friend of Liam's?

Just read his book which details their relationship and that Liam's asked him to work with him before but he refused as didn't think he was good enough! Think now he has more experience under his belt he could be working with him

His book is amazing and well worth a read about XL/Prodigy

He did not think Liam was good enough? 3 first albums definitly proves, he is one of the best, if he really put his mind to it. I would more believe, that Liam is a slow producer, and I guess, not many people would have the patience to work with him.

You've got it backwards. Richard Russell didn't think he was good enough to work with Liam.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:57 pm
Progress Is Made wrote:
antwarrior79 wrote:

Keith died, that is a big enough statement that maxim/liam will take their time to grieve, this isn't a business where people are replaced instantly, they have no one to please anymore, not to mention no live shows to play out at.

they will return when they are ready, social media expects updates to be fast, this is the world of the prodigy, as a musician myself, i know that rushing art/music is a pointless endeavor and in all honesty, pressure on liam is the last thing wanted after keiths death as for all we know it could just be the end of the prodigy at this point.

Even without Keith's death, Liam doesn't really do interviews unless he is about to release something. In the Scroobius Pip interview it is mentioned that he'd been talking to Liam about doing the interview for ages but the time wasn't right. The 'right time' arrived when Liam had 'No Tourists' ready. Liam knows Scroobius Pip so the fact that it took awhile to get an interview shows how difficult it would be for someone Liam doesn't personally know.

The next interview with Liam is likely to be by a very carefully chosen interviewer. Whoever does the interview will obviously have questions regarding Keith's death and the impact of that on Liam/Maxim/The Prodigy. It's not like they could say "No questions about Keith" as they know people would expect something to be said.

Nobody is touring until COVID-19 is dealt with. I thought Liam might release the rework/remix album without the ability to tour it but it doesn't look like that will be happening. I wouldn't expect anything until 2021 now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
I think Kool Keith should join the band an have him an Maxim as the front men an then have everyone in the crowd sing along with Keith's vocals during his parts, of course the set list has to change but they can make it work an have Firestarter as the finale track! Boom make it happen boys! :Firestarter:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:51 am
GruntGruntPosts: 81Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Progress Is Made wrote:
antwarrior79 wrote:

I totally agree that LH owes any of us nothing. I get that, Prodigy fans are as loyal and patient as Metallica fans in many ways waiting for releases. I’ve been a genuine fan since 94’ seen them live over 20 times and just wanted to ask a few questions that wouldn’t piss off Liam (real knowledgable questions) I asked, I got told not right time and left as that. Total respect for Liam and Nick and that’s that.

My only minor gripe is that lots of cool bands give updates (and have been through hardships) more regularly and an idea what the future holds...we have an idea based on some loose LH Instagram posts but what harm would even people close to LH and Maxim putting out ‘something’ other than trying to sell gear or a big fuck off badge for £500!!

I’m not losing sleep and fully understand grieving takes time but I think as loyal as we are it wouldn’t be bad to get something other than a few discounts in the store.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 pm
antwarrior79 wrote:
I totally agree that LH owes any of us nothing. I get that, Prodigy fans are as loyal and patient as Metallica fans in many ways waiting for releases. I’ve been a genuine fan since 94’ seen them live over 20 times and just wanted to ask a few questions that wouldn’t piss off Liam (real knowledgable questions) I asked, I got told not right time and left as that. Total respect for Liam and Nick and that’s that.

My only minor gripe is that lots of cool bands give updates (and have been through hardships) more regularly and an idea what the future holds...we have an idea based on some loose LH Instagram posts but what harm would even people close to LH and Maxim putting out ‘something’ other than trying to sell gear or a big fuck off badge for £500!!

I’m not losing sleep and fully understand grieving takes time but I think as loyal as we are it wouldn’t be bad to get something other than a few discounts in the store.

Regarding questions for Liam, if he did an interview answering fan type questions (e.g. questions only fans are interested like about specific tracks) and Keith questions weren't asked out of respect (or at LH's request), the media get hold of the interview and say "First interview with Liam Howlett since Keith Flint's death and he doesn't talk about Keith!"
That's why I think the first official interview will be carefully chosen.

As for updates, for once we actually had some advanced notice that there was going to be a new music release of some kind in 2019. Keith's death obviously meant that didn't happen. It's possible a release was planned for 2020 but COVID-19 has stopped that. 'No Tourists' only came out in March 2018. Less than 2 years ago is the blink of an eye in Prodigy time. It's just frustrating when we know something else was lined up but then not released.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
antwarrior79 wrote:

Regarding questions for Liam, if he did an interview answering fan type questions (e.g. questions only fans are interested like about specific tracks) and Keith questions weren't asked out of respect (or at LH's request), the media get hold of the interview and say "First interview with Liam Howlett since Keith Flint's death and he doesn't talk about Keith!"
That's why I think the first official interview will be carefully chosen.

As for updates, for once we actually had some advanced notice that there was going to be a new music release of some kind in 2019. Keith's death obviously meant that didn't happen. It's possible a release was planned for 2020 but COVID-19 has stopped that. 'No Tourists' only came out in March 2018. Less than 2 years ago is the blink of an eye in Prodigy time. It's just frustrating when we know something else was lined up but then not released.

I don't want to seem too pedantic, but "No Tourists" has been released on November 2nd 2018.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:05 pm
Be pedantic. That's a shocking mistake on my part. I'm blaming Lockdown for the distortion of the passage of time in my head.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:40 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 34Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:37 am
wow JJ! :shock:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:16 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
ant4000b wrote:
wow JJ! :shock:

Right??
(Hi ant!)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:19 pm
I'll admit, I Googled to double check before posting. Top of the list of the returns was Wikipedia: -

Quote:
No Tourists
No Tourists is the seventh studio album by English electronic music band The Prodigy, released on 2 November 2018 on Take Me to the Hospital, their independent label managed by BMG. It is their final studio album featuring Keith Flint prior to his death in March 2019.

I must have glanced at it and seen the mention of "March".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
I'll admit, I Googled to double check before posting. Top of the list of the returns was Wikipedia: -

Quote:
No Tourists
No Tourists is the seventh studio album by English electronic music band The Prodigy, released on 2 November 2018 on Take Me to the Hospital, their independent label managed by BMG. It is their final studio album featuring Keith Flint prior to his death in March 2019.

I must have glanced at it and seen the mention of "March".

It's ok, mate. I just wanted to point it out. :D

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:50 am
GruntGruntPosts: 15Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm
I think if we hear anything itll sound different to what we have heard before, maybe he will write with just a home experience of listening to it on headphones or a stereo and not with a gig in mind,maybe push his limits more , hopefully more like no tourists or the narcotic suite would be nice, hes still capable of writing growers and not instantly smash your face in style songs

Offline Profile