<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Fat of The Land reissue?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
Good stuff crew! Ordered myself a couple of copies. We'll you can't just get one can you!?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:41 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2483Location: Not here as much as I'd like.Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 am
Wow that was quick. Ordered Tuesday evening, arrived Friday morning!! Thanks for the info everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Just ordered my blue vinyl

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Oh man, this is great. I just bought myself a copy too. Can't wait to get this gem ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:57 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 8Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 pm
Mine arrived this morning. Thanks for the info.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
The Fat of the Land (hmv Exclusive) the 1921 Centenary Edition Neon Orange Vinyl

https://bit.ly/3iODbPL

Quote:
This year marks a full century since the first hmv store opened its doors at 363 Oxford Street in London, and on July 24 we'll be celebrating our 100th birthday in style with a brand new and exclusive range of limited edition vinyl just for you...

As part of our birthday celebrations we're pleased to announce the new 1921 Centenary Edition range, for which we have carefully curated a selection of the finest albums and soundtracks from the last 100 years and had them specially pressed onto some beautiful coloured vinyl - all of which will be available exclusively in hmv stores on Saturday July 24 and from store.hmv.com at 4pm the same day. As ever, our exclusives will be available on a first come, first served basis... and when they're gone, they're gone!

The third album from dance pioneers The Prodigy first made its arrival in 1997 and saw Liam Howlett and co. start to move away from their hardcore rave roots, using hip-hop samples and mangled guitars to create a crossover hit that not only proved to be one the decade’s best albums, but also helped establish dance acts as viable festival headliners.

Featuring hits such as ‘Firestarter’ and the Kool Keith-sampling ‘Smack My Bitch Up’. The Fat of the Land returns to stores in July as part of centenary line-up with a new and exclusive repress on Neon Orange vinyl and limited to 1000 copies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
Thank you very much 8-) :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:48 pm
I managed to get one from the store in Harlow early this morning. Seemed to sell very quickly everywhere, I tried another 4 different HMVs around London, all gone. Plenty up on ebay at inflated prices though..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:15 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 68Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm
jetsonik112 wrote:
Plenty up on ebay at inflated prices though..

Not surprised......

I couldn't get to my local store today. So i just tried to get one on the HMV site and the website crashed instantly and when i did finally get through, i tried adding it to my basket and then it sat on please wait for a few mins and then i was told it had sold out. It seems like FOTL is one of the first ones to sell out. disappointed :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
It was marked as "Sold Out" on the HMV website a week or so ago. I'd be surprised if they used "Sold Out" as their place holder setting for stuff that hadn't been released yet. I guess you could pre-order it in advance and they'd sold all the stock allocated to the digital store a few weeks ago.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:07 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
James Jupiter wrote:
I guess you could pre-order it in advance and they'd sold all the stock allocated to the digital store a few weeks ago.

You couldn't pre-order it James. I asked in store and online and digital sales went live at 4pm.
It did look odd using "sold out" as the placeholder but the others I checked were the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:40 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
rsshawn wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:
I guess you could pre-order it in advance and they'd sold all the stock allocated to the digital store a few weeks ago.

You couldn't pre-order it James. I asked in store and online and digital sales went live at 4pm.
It did look odd using "sold out" as the placeholder but the others I checked were the same.

Fair enough. Stupid to use "sold out" as the placeholder. Many people would have looked and assumed they were pre-sold out. Would have made more sense to use something like "available from 24/07/2021".

I'm sure collectors will be disappointed if they wanted it and missed out but at the end of the day it's the exact same album, just a different coloured piece of vinyl.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:02 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 1980Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am
I agree, having the release date makes more sense.
It is the same, but was released for the HMV 100th Anniversary, celebrating their best sellers over the years and not necessarily a new mix of tracks.
The neon orange makes it collectible, just like the blue French version.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:27 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
This is just plain stupidity to cash out fans (or HMV customers or those of French shop) with old vinyl albums with just a different shade of plastics.

I guess the band (or the previous label XL) have given approval for this insanity which I don't get because LH has said in various occasions that he focuses to look forward (when publishing music is concerned) and not the things of the past.

I have of course understood this statement that they do not favor reprints of any kind ..even if it were "the cup of the Grail" of their album releasing career.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:55 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
AONO reissue would be nice