<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Breathe (feat. RZA) (Liam H and Rene LaVice Re-Amp)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:42 am
GruntGruntPosts: 42Location: SpainJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:52 pm
This is my opinion:

1) I like remixes, official and unofficial. Sometimes very good remixes are created by other producers.

2) I don't agree that Liam produced this remix.

3) A song from 1996, what's the point of a rap remix now? Is it for money?

4) What about Keith? He was the creator of the lyrics, and it seems like that shitty rapper wants to replace him.

5) I don't like Liam doing these shitty remixes, removing Keith.

6) Meanwhile, there are songs like Awol (live version) and so many songs that he does not bring them to light. I guess Liam doesn't make money.

It is very sad

PD. Sorry my english.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:45 am
Dezmond wrote:
Pretty decent but like most remixes it just doesn't eclipse the original. Glad it exists as it means they got paid a lot of money for a relatively easy job and as long as Liam is still going then we're all happy, right?

Fuck this and fuck the cash
Fuck you and your heart attack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:25 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 235Location: EstoniaJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:45 pm
climbatize wrote:
This is my opinion:

4) What about Keith? He was the creator of the lyrics, and it seems like that shitty rapper wants to replace him.

6) Meanwhile, there are songs like Awol (live version) and so many songs that he does not bring them to light. I guess Liam doesn't make money.

It is very sad

PD. Sorry my english.

Shitty rapper ? lol he is from the legendary Wu-tang-Clan.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:55 am
climbatize88 wrote:
climbatize wrote:
This is my opinion:

It is very sad

PD. Sorry my english.

Shitty rapper ? lol he is from the legendary Wu-tang-Clan.

even if it was the duet Eminem and 2pac resurrected

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:45 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
This remix was produced (possibly in 2018 if not before) to be included on the 2019 release which got put on hold. Keith was still alive when this remix was produced.

It was not written for 'Fast and Furious 9'.

If you check the videos of 'Breathe' played at gigs from 2018 (possibly earlier?), Liam has already played the instrumental version of this remix live.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:48 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
This remix was produced (possibly in 2018 if not before) to be included on the 2019 release which got put on hold. Keith was still alive when this remix was produced.

It was not written for 'Fast and Furious 9'.

If you check the videos of 'Breathe' played at gigs from 2018 (possibly earlier?), Liam has already played the instrumental version of this remix live.

Thankk you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Some fans are just too trapped in the past. They hate change. Stuck in nostalgia. Also, don't assume you know why this track was written. Only James Jupiter seems to have any sense about reality and not made up assumptions. ;)

Also, that live track you got a boner for over a decade or two now... guess what? You're not getting it. Deal with it.

It seems no one can just enjoy anything anymore. Internet turned into a constant Snyder/Last Jedi complaining. Haters wanna do everything to make sure they're heard. It's like they live off wanting the world to know they didn't like something. Welcome to the toxic cesspool known as social media. It's all just a self perpetuating cycle of hate.

By the way, The Prodigy were in a Fast & Furious movie 15 years ago as well as numerous Hollywood films. Oh, and a BMW commercial. And now you wanna act butthurt and bash them for having a song in the new F&F??? Where have you been the last, I don't know, their entire career?

In the end, if you look closely, the likes far outweigh the dislikes.
We should feel lucky Liam is still dropping new music. He lost a bandmate and best friend. He could've said fuck it and spent the rest of his life with his family. But he chose to keep making music. And we get our first piece of music since Keith's passing, and people have become so disrespectful. Remember all that, "We'll be here for you" when Keith passed? What happened to that love? I see those same fans spewing hate.

Anyway, I'll be rocking this remix and enjoying life and the fact we still have new Prodigy music to look forward to.

Last edited by NEOREV on Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:44 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
NEOREV wrote:
Some fans are just too trapped in the past. They hate change. Stuck in nostalgia. Also, don't assume you know why this track was written. Only James Jupiter seems to have any sense about reality and not made up assumptions. ;)

Also, that live track you got a boner for over a decade or two now... guess what? You're not getting it. Deal with it.

It seems no one can just enjoy anything anymore. Internet turned into a constant Snyder/Last Jedi complaining. Haters wanna do everything to make sure they're heard. It's like they live off wanting the world to know they didn't like something. Welcome to the toxic cesspool known as social media. It's all just a self perpetuating cycle of hate.

By the way, The Prodigy were in a Fast & Furious movie 15 years ago as well as numerous Hollywood films. Oh, and a BMW commercial. And now you wanna act butthurt and bash them for having a song in the new F&F??? Where have you been the last, I don't know, their entire career?

We should feel lucky Liam is still dropping new music. He lost a bandmate and best friend. He could've said fuck it and spent the rest of his life with his family. But he chose to keep making music. And we get our first piece of music since Keith's passing, and people have become so disrespectful. Remember all that, "We'll be here for you" when Keith passed? What happened to that love? I see those same fans spewing hate.

Anyway, I'll be rocking this remix and enjoying life and the fact we still have new Prodigy music to look forward to.

+1000
Well said bro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:06 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
NEOREV wrote:

Exacly what I keep repeating on the Facebook over, and over. Even the Star Wars Example of fighting over which movie is good, bad, etc... Peronally The Rouge One is my fav right after the Empire Strikes Back, and it's that BAD DISNEY movie..
The people are just too stuck with nostalgia, that they block themselves from just enjoying the thing...

+1000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:18 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Imo, a 2 minute remix of their biggest classic and dropping some rap vocal over it was not a good way to rerelease breathe this amount of years later.

It was okay, but complete trash compared to the original

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:46 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
NEOREV wrote:

The new star wars movies were pretty shit.
Mandalorian on the other hand was pretty great. I do not think people just complain because it is new. Sometimes new is good, sometimes new is bad.

This remix is cool though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:53 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 454Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm
Not a terrible Remix but pretty underwhelming, will look forward to the actual new stuff, not too bothered about reheated leftovers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:53 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
James Jupiter wrote:

Do you think Liam cut Keef's part in this remix? Hence why it's so short - only 2 min

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:37 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
untitled6 wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

Do you think Liam cut Keef's part in this remix? Hence why it's so short - only 2 min

As far as we know, Keith never had any vocals on this remix. I don't think Liam removed Keith vocals from this track after his death. As I've said, the track was produced while Keith was still alive. It would have been released as part of the rework/remix release in 2019 if Keith hadn't died.

It's a very short track but maybe it was never planned to be anything more. It possibly started as a way for Liam to refresh 'Breathe' for live gigs (as it was played at the end of the 'normal' version).

Some people are treating the track as if it is a 'big release' standalone single. It was one of hopefully 10+ tracks for the rework/remix release. These days most artists release individual tracks without calling them 'singles'. It's not like the old days when a single came with a video and was one of 3 or 4 tracks off an album which would be picked to be a single.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:46 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
A nice little remix, but could definitly have been longer. 3 artists and 2½ minutes is what they could do. Well OK. Reminds me of that ''Ride Wit Me'' track by Nhostic, where Breathe was sampled. I think a mashup is possibly here....

Offline Profile