<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  Breathe (feat. RZA) (Liam H and Rene LaVice Re-Amp)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:20 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Got 1 from the Device store. The offical crashed on me while I had it in my cart!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:28 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
It failed for me too. Once I found the DeVice store, it had sold out there as well I guess, because I couldn't find it anymore?

Does anyone please have a spare which he or she is willing to sell?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:34 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
That's why I hate "Limited Edition" music. Who benefits from limited supplies apart from scalpers? The Prodigy probably won't have made any profit on this release. They didn't do it to make money. It would have been better to do pre-orders and then find out how many copies needed to be made to satisfy the demand.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:36 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 241Location: Athens, GRJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:28 am
Was outside, tried over my phone which was super slow, shat my pants but was successful in the end. Sold out by 17:03.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:37 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 241Location: Athens, GRJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:28 am
James Jupiter wrote:
That's why I hate "Limited Edition" music. Who benefits from limited supplies apart from scalpers? The Prodigy probably won't have made any profit on this release. They didn't do it to make money. It would have been better to do pre-orders and then find out how many copies needed to be made to satisfy the demand.

That's a fair point

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:41 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Arie wrote:
It failed for me too. Once I found the DeVice store, it had sold out there as well I guess, because I couldn't find it anymore?

Does anyone please have a spare which he or she is willing to sell?

It's already on ebay for a ridicoulus price :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:50 pm
Let's hope the scalpers don't end up getting any of randomly distributed signed copies. No doubt some of them will though and they'll increase their price even more.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1343Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:27 pm
I managed to get one and it won't be going on ebay.

Not a brag but just want to show that they're not all being flipped for profit.

It's a shit situation though but unfortunately people are making money where they can and to be honest, it's quite in line with the rebellious nature of the band.

Like a pirate. Take it and sell it for more oh and fuck you.

Last edited by Dezmond on Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:06 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Bad luck for those who missed out. Hopefully they won't appear on eBay for rip off prices.

Already did...

but you know... Scalpers gonna scalp :/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:39 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
I missed it so I'll have to wait until someone sells one for a fair price at discogs... :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:41 pm
I wonder how many copies would have been sold if it hadn't been limited edition?

The fact that it was limited edition will have been what made it interesting to the scalpers, hence why it sold out so quickly.

Like I said the other day, a 12" vinyl containing new remixes of an old track is a niche product. The vast majority of music listeners these days don't buy physical media. How many people who bought it have actually got a record deck? Even some die hard Prodigy fans won't have any equipment to play it on. Some will have just wanted to own it. Most copies will just sit on a shelf or in a box never to be played. The nature of collecting I suppose (it's not quite as bad as the hyper car collectors who buy £1m+ cars and never drive them).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:04 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
My main record player is a limited red Sony PS-Q7. 8-)

I like the idea of people pre-ordering a copy and then they make as many copies as were pre-ordered.

No one in their right mind will pay 200 GBP for a copy on eBay now. I hope anyway. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:29 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
I managed to get one from the prodigy store :Firestarter:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:23 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
strangely it's not on discogs yet

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:31 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 68Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm
jonyintheplace wrote:
strangely it's not on discogs yet

That's because no one has their vinyl's yet. The rules on discogs is that you can't add stuff to the database that you don't own and you can't sell stuff you don't own.

Offline Profile