<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  #2022we’recomin4ya/#2023anewwaveoffire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:25 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
So happy to hear this news, managed to bag tickets for brixton on the friday as couldn't get any for birmingham/brixton saturday, was shocked at how quick ALL birmingham tickets disappeared by 9.02

hopefully further dates get added but to all of us who managed to bag one, we gonna rock!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:24 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Obviously depends where you live, commitments, expense, etc. but I'm surprised more people weren't going for the first date in Sheffield. That's the historic first gig of the return. I was very tempted to go but couldn't justify it when I've got a local gig.

The late night Brixton gig sounds good but in practice it usually just means The Prodigy come on much later (e.g. 10:30pm instead of 9pm). It's not like they play a longer set on the late night gigs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:03 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
I think everyone needs to temper their expectations. Expect a small lighting rig, short setlist (more than usual, remember the setlists when either Maxim or Keith were missing in the past?), and nothing new (Liam said maybe). Therefore, attend these shows with the sense of reunion. Anyone can listen to a Prodigy CD with the volume cranked up, but getting to see the band in person again has a whole different feel. No matter how underwhelming the shows may be when compared to the past, these are special. And it may be their final shows. Don't take any for granted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:34 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Moon wrote:
I think everyone needs to temper their expectations. Expect a small lighting rig, short setlist (more than usual, remember the setlists when either Maxim or Keith were missing in the past?), and nothing new (Liam said maybe). Therefore, attend these shows with the sense of reunion. Anyone can listen to a Prodigy CD with the volume cranked up, but getting to see the band in person again has a whole different feel. No matter how underwhelming the shows may be when compared to the past, these are special. And it may be their final shows. Don't take any for granted.

the setlists were smaller because they had less potential tracks that worked well with each other, the time it probably takes liam to get tracks gig ready is a while and he certainly has time to make the setlist bigger and fully formed this time around.
I doubt they'll purposely cut the set even shorter, we can expect an alternative setlist and more FOTL theme

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:23 am
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
I expect a few FOTL tracks as it’s the 25th anniversary, those Russians were lucky to get the reworked Mindfields few years back, I’m hoping LH drops that again plus Diesel/Pain and be great to hear Funky Shit again!

I doubt it will be reduced setlist, I’m expecting 1hr 15 - 1hr 30 and I think like other tours it will morph and change by the time they hit Brixton.

I disagree that the late nighter will just be the band going on later, that for me is an early Easter egg for the fans, I expect a bigger encore, maybe a cheeky new track or fill.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:05 pm
I'm also expecting the usual 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes length set. They aren't going to come back and do it half arsed. They've had a long time to work on this return. Returns were planned for 2020 and 2021 (going by hashtags Liam posted on Instagram and Twitter) before COVID stopped everything. It will be different without Keith but in my mind it will be like going back to the gigs I went to in the days before Keith started doing vocals. Do people think Maxim won't be able to MC for a full gig or something?

As for lighting rigs, speakers, set backdrop, etc mentioned by Moon, yes, these are always 'cut down' in small venues compared to arena tours. There's no need for projection screens when you're a maximum of around 20 metres away from the stage. There'd by no room for all the arena equipment and it's not needed in a smaller venue.

In my experience going to the late night gigs, from memory, I don't remember any extended set lists (I'm not saying there won't be any difference but that could just be the usual, slight set list evolution throughout the tour). It was usually just an extra support act. Also the late night gigs are over 18 years old only in attendance.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:10 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 408Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am
James Jupiter wrote:
As for lighting rigs... There'd by no room for all the arena equipment... in a smaller venue.

True with the exception of Brixton. I'm reminded by their 2009 Brixton show where they somehow managed to fit their entire arena lighting rig on that stage. From videos it looked like there was hardly any space to move :lol:

But yeah, definitely not needed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:06 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
I'm also expecting the usual 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes length set. They aren't going to come back and do it half arsed. They've had a long time to work on this return. Returns were planned for 2020 and 2021 (going by hashtags Liam posted on Instagram and Twitter) before COVID stopped everything. It will be different without Keith but in my mind it will be like going back to the gigs I went to in the days before Keith started doing vocals. Do people think Maxim won't be able to MC for a full gig or something?

As for lighting rigs, speakers, set backdrop, etc mentioned by Moon, yes, these are always 'cut down' in small venues compared to arena tours. There's no need for projection screens when you're a maximum of around 20 metres away from the stage. There'd by no room for all the arena equipment and it's not needed in a smaller venue.

In my experience going to the late night gigs, from memory, I don't remember any extended set lists (I'm not saying there won't be any difference but that could just be the usual, slight set list evolution throughout the tour). It was usually just an extra support act. Also the late night gigs are over 18 years old only in attendance.

I agree. I've been to a few late night Brixton gigs and they weren't much different apart from them starting later. I usually don't care for their support acts (I loved Enter Shikari in 2010 btw) so the late nighters aren't my favorite shows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:49 pm
'Invisible Sun (Liam H Heat Up Remix)' is on the Record Store Day 'The Day Is My Enemy Remix Album' vinyl LP.

See here for details: -
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14211&p=252852#p252852

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:25 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 14Location: BlackpoolJoined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:46 pm
I'm expecting them to rely on us to sing all Keefs parts and i wouldnt have it any other way.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:46 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
I have it confirmed from Jon Burton via a YouTube comment he replied to, that he will be back on sound tech duties. Which is good news.

I'll be seeing some of you at Brixton night 1. Boom.

Will it be the same without Keith? Of course not. Would I miss it? Equally no! Can't wait to see what this new era brings.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:44 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
Rob is back on guitar
Leo back on drums

Source: their official Twitter

Wonder why they have changed guitarist again?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:09 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 60Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:52 pm
tonyjaa wrote:
Rob is back on guitar
Leo back on drums

Source: their official Twitter

Wonder why they have changed guitarist again?

Rob is a nice person but I think he is the bad choice for the band. I don't like his guitar play in the prodigy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:47 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
who did it after rob then?

and who is the best guitarist for the band then?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:51 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Jr wrote:
who did it after rob then?

and who is the best guitarist for the band then?

Olly Burden did 2017/2018 shows I think.

I have no issues with either. Rob is arguably the more experienced live guitarist I would say

Offline Profile