<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  #2022we’recomin4ya/#2023anewwaveoffire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:20 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 21Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:16 pm
What are we thinking?
I'm guessing worldwide festival tour throughout 2023 (possible UK date or two) with album in 2024 followed by UK tour

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:27 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 103Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 pm
Album 2024 would be my guess. Hopefully get some new music in 2023.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:33 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
I'll be livid if the album isn't out in 2023 (preferably first quarter 2023). Liam said it was pretty much done in July 2022.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:13 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 54Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
why in 2024? I am convinced that it will be released in 2023, the album is probably ready...In my opinion, all this shows that in a few months there will be singles, and the new album in six months at the latest ... TP will go on tour in 2023 and release an album in 2024? I doubt...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:14 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
#2023anewwaveoffire

Quote:
Xmas drinks with the lads ….
Attack mode being formulated ,
New Tunes being discussed ,
2023 will be special!
LH CHandoN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:20 pm
Twitter and Instagram are useless at sending notifications on people you actually follow. I've just checked my phone and there's no notifications about this post from Liam.

Anyway, I'm hoping it's a new album in the first quarter of 2023 with a UK tour followed by the Summer festival dates. At worst it would be Summer festival dates then the new album/UK tour in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:48 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
This news from Liam could be anything between: 1 new song at the end of the year 2023 or a complete new album in the 1st quater of the year. You'll never know for sure.

Remember that there will be a documentary coming up so I highly doubt that there will be a new album AND a document released during the same year.

I would be really happy if I am wrong with this assumption.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
Twitter and Instagram are useless at sending notifications on people you actually follow. I've just checked my phone and there's no notifications about this post from Liam.

Anyway, I'm hoping it's a new album in the first quarter of 2023 with a UK tour followed by the Summer festival dates. At worst it would be Summer festival dates then the new album/UK tour in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year.

The thing we got to think about is vinyl pressing lead times. I know with Leftfield, they finished the album in like February and it got a December release. Orbital finished their album in June and it got a February release. So Liam would have had to handed in the new album back in the summer for a first quarter vinyl release. When IMD was released in late February / TDIME in late March, we got news of their release in December. No Tourists was released early November, we got news of its release in like June/July. The question is will the summer shows be used to tease an upcoming album or in support of a just released album.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:58 pm
Unfortunately I'm all too aware of vinyl production meaning 6 to 9 month delays for album releases. Liam said the album was pretty much done in July 2022. Hopefully what he said was true. I doubt the actual album needs to be sent to the pressing plant until near the production time. You'd therefore hope a production slot was booked well in advance, even if Liam still needed a couple of months to finish off the album.

There are more and more Summer festival dates being announced so it sounds like The Prodigy will be busy over the Summer. Festival set lists for most artists tend to be heavily made up of 'the hits' as that is what festival audiences expect to hear. That points to either a first quarter release for the new album so people have a chance to get to know the tracks or, the new album comes out in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year with their own tour to support it.

Fingers crossed it's the first part of the year but I wouldn't be shocked if it's the latter part of the year. I'm very grateful to even get a new album but it's frustrating that we know new music was coming in 2019 (the Remixes/Reworks e.g. 'Breathe', 'Firestarter', etc release?) then (new beats) in 2020/2021 but didn't happen due to Keith's death then COVID19.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Lastu wrote:
This news from Liam could be anything between: 1 new song at the end of the year 2023 or a complete new album in the 1st quater of the year. You'll never know for sure.

Remember that there will be a documentary coming up so I highly doubt that there will be a new album AND a document released during the same year.

I would be really happy if I am wrong with this assumption.

probably be another greatest hits album to accompany the documentary with a couple of brand new tracks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:28 pm
A reworks/remixes compilation of 'the hits' is a possibility but not another collection of the single versions. People just create their own playlists on streaming sites these days. Record companies now prefer a new album as that is new content for their catalogue. They're already earning from the old hits.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:32 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 81Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Some ppl on the prodigy warriors page are saying Leeroy dropped a new Prodigy track in his set in Bristol, Uk last month.
No one can identify the track but I heard it and it sounds very LH tbh.
Could just be another artist tbh but enough to make you think.
The set is on YouTube. Track is about 21 mins in.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:09 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
I dunno it could be Liams work, it's dope af whoever produced it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:40 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 81Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
threefiftyseven wrote:
I dunno it could be Liams work, it's dope af whoever produced it

Yeah be good to see if anyone can identify it.

If no can, maybe just maybe……

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:06 pm
CorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 am
Guys that track is Charly - it was LHs first proper release

Can't believe the BK community cannot recognize this, very disappointing

Offline Profile YIM