<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  #2022we’recomin4ya/#2023anewwaveoffire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:34 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 81Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
So….if this year if the band are releasing an album when would the put out a social media etc about it? what I mean is that usually when LH has an album it is normally 5/6 months before. So if it’s October/November we should know by June?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:29 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Engine Earz did the mastering of 'Omen (Pengshui Remix)'. He's mastered every Prodigy release since 'No Tourists' onward. He is obviously Liam's masterer of choice now. I see he is also based at Tileyard London which is also where Liam has his studio. They converse in this Instagram post (and then Neorev gets a hint from Engine Earz that he has mastered the new album).
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqLVVypI1Cb/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:35 am
GruntGruntPosts: 54Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
James Jupiter wrote:
Engine Earz did the mastering of 'Omen (Pengshui Remix)'. He's mastered every Prodigy release since 'No Tourists' onward. He is obviously Liam's masterer of choice now. I see he is also based at Tileyard London which is also where Liam has his studio. They converse in this Instagram post (and then Neorev gets a hint from Engine Earz that he has mastered the new album).

great message! if the album is already mastered, it means that the release date of the album is a matter of a few months

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:24 am
GruntGruntPosts: 8Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:56 pm
That's great to hear. For me I don't know about anyone else but I'm probably most excited for the morning after their first gig on 17th May in Italy. Reason being if they play any new tracks (which they most likely will), we'll get the crowd videos the day after. For me that's truly when the excitement kicks in, like when they first played 'Resonate' at the Zenith in 2017, that signalled that the new era's underway and it's not just speculation you know? There's actually something new to get into

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:51 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Arsendis wrote:
James Jupiter wrote:

great message! if the album is already mastered, it means that the release date of the album is a matter of a few months

I hop they gonna "turn up the bass" this time! Because so far, Engine Earz mastering sounds pretty weak for Prodgy standards...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:43 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 573Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am
New track 'Disrupt ya flow' played today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoFtsVQDUyg

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:11 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
Sounds a lot like COL just heavier.
Can't wait to hear the studio version

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
threefiftyseven wrote:
Sounds a lot like COL just heavier.
Can't wait to hear the studio version

It is much better than COL, in my opinion. It sounds straight and rough. COL is a mess.

I hope they drop off GYFO. I just can't stand it anymore.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Sounds like a lot of offcuts from other tracks but heavy non the less

https://youtu.be/YoFtsVQDUyg

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:36 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Like the intro, the bridge and the synths. They remind me of evil and hard rave and dance music they have known for :twisted:

But that baseline is too outdated and stuffy drum and bass for my taste. Hopefully they wont turn into D'n'B act now with the new Material just because Maxim with reggae and dancehall background is only one on the mic! :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 1:26 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 236Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:26 am
Also, the high-pitched synth in Disrupt Ya Flow reminds me of the synthline in the middle section of Rise Of The Eagles 8-)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:06 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
Not bad, I'd like to have this on a vinyl ep with 3-4 tracks, that would be awesone. And it would sell

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
I mean at least he's not chilled out in production, sounds like in attack mode... sure the robot voice is from Brother Culture, using a lot of the same techniques/drops/structure but yeah guess if it aint broke

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:31 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
A mix of Roadblox, Wake The Fuck Up, and Resonate. The d&b beats are gettin used way too often now. I do like the 8 bit part. I expect the track to be longer in the studio version, if it gets released.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:31 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 233Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm
subtract wrote:
I mean at least he's not chilled out in production, sounds like in attack mode... sure the robot voice is from Brother Culture, using a lot of the same techniques/drops/structure but yeah guess if it aint broke

I was thinking I could hear studio vox from Maxim in the background but yes could also have been Brother Culture.

Do we have a setlist from Padova yet? I see there was a power cut :x

Offline Profile