<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  The Fat Of The Land Remixes (12", 2023)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:13 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 22Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 am

Looks, there's gonna be a new Drum & Bass remixes release.

Here are some release dates I've found: 09.06.2023, 22.09.2023.

Tracklisting:

A1 BREATHE (MEFJUSO&CAMO&KROOKED REMIX)
A2 DIESEL POWER (GYDRA REMIX)
AA1 FIRESTARTER (ANDY C REMIX)
AA2 MINDFIELDS (RENE LAVICE REMIX)

update: bleep has 28.07.2023 release date, I guess, that's the proper one
https://bleep.com/release/385812-the-pr ... ry-remixes

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:13 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 403Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Another release we (me) don't need.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:16 pm
I kinda want this Mindfields remix and that Gydra remix seems interesting. The other two are good too. Much better then trash (in my opinion) from whole 15th anniversary “Added Fat” ep.

I’d buy this one definitively. For my it’s WAY MORE listenable and exciting then previous two RSD releases.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:47 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Boudewijn wrote:
Another release we (me) don't need.

I want it tbh! But I want good remixes. In last years most of them were bad (honor for few exceptions). Andy C Firestarter is so-so, but Rene Lavice Mindfields live version sounds awesome. I hope the other two remixes are good, that would mean we are getting a good release.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:39 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 68Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 pm
Nice! Seems like a pretty solid vinyl release. The Andy C, C&K/Mefjus, and Rene remixes are good remixes.

I wonder what the Gydra remix of Diesel Power sounds like? It's the only tune from this release that we haven't heard so far, plus no set recordings of it have popped up anywhere.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:43 pm
Guest01 wrote:
I hope the other two remixes are good, that would mean we are getting a good release.

The Mefujus’ Breathe is already out long ago. Pretty creative and good remix imo. I guess, it’s the best of the bunch. Looking forward Gydra one, they can make good sound.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:22 am
I was doing some research on this release and i came across a Croatian record stores facebook page and they are pricing the vinyl at 22 Euros. Also it's getting pressed on silver vinyl (just like the other 25th anniversary releases) and the sleeve is plain/generic unfortunately.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:47 am
TestPilot93 wrote:
the sleeve is plain/generic unfortunately.

If it's like the one on the pic related (with big minimalistic ant), then I totally love this design. For me It's much better then any screwed up crab variation :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:54 pm
A][eL wrote:
TestPilot93 wrote:
the sleeve is plain/generic unfortunately.

If it's like the one on the pic related (with big minimalistic ant), then I totally love this design. For me It's much better then any screwed up crab variation :lol:

Yeah that is the sleeve in the picture above. When i first seen the picture you posted, i thought it was an inner sleeve but turns out its actually the main sleeve.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:24 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 24Location: BulgariaJoined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am
It is released now :)

15 GBP - Banquet
16 GBP - Juno
21 GBP - Official store

(item + shipping)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:07 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Another remix ep. They could easily have crammed in the Breathe [liam h re-amp] & Breathe [rené lavice's dark d&b remix] aswell... And what I would have loved, Climbatize/Warrior's dance, as an extended mix of the mix played live these days.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:18 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
what it would have been totally amazing wouldbe to have in a 12" the Monkey Mafia remix of Mindfields, the Slacker remix of SMBU and maybe two unreleased bits from the 96-97 era, not this.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:32 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3822Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
By the way, the Firestarter video has been upgraded to 4K.

You can watch it in 2160p...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:59 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
I'd say this era of the prodigy is basically drum and bass.
since nightbreed spitfire remix/voodoo pendulum remix I think liam has tilted towards dnb.
I can remember reading something about how he slagged it off back in the day when jungle was getting big...
nowadays the production value of dnb is fucking huge and it's hard for liam to deny...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:32 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Progress Is Made wrote:
I'd say this era of the prodigy is basically drum and bass.
since nightbreed spitfire remix/voodoo pendulum remix I think liam has tilted towards dnb.
I can remember reading something about how he slagged it off back in the day when jungle was getting big...
nowadays the production value of dnb is fucking huge and it's hard for liam to deny...

The Prodigy aren't Drum & Bass but they do get mainly Drum & Bass artists to do remixes.

In 1994 Liam said beats per minute were getting faster (Jungle) so he decided to go slower with 'Poison'. I wouldn't say that was "slagging off" Jungle/Drum & Bass.

Offline Profile