<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  'Choose Or Die,’ horror thriller with soundtrack by LH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:45 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 22Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 am
For me it was quite fun movie. I enjoyed game design thing, dark atmosphere, cool music like Gary Numan, Noname, Ivy Sole, Liam's dark synths just dope. And that's all.
Characters are kinda meh, I'v ampathised to just no one. Maybe if they made a short series for 4-5 episodes it would be much better to reveal the characters and make the story more intriguing.
But the scenes of eating glass/cutting tongue/etc look more ridiculous then scary. The final fight made me laugh a bit :lol:
I wish to hear more dark industrial synth music from Liam, it was one on the best things for me since AONO or whatever. Love it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:32 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 171Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 pm
James Jupiter wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/lanceriddler/choose-or-die-score

thanks for this :!:

it's like Liam used totally different soundboard than usual, 4:05 is imo closest to Prodigy groove, it's like Piranha and Hotride had a baby. But I wouldn't recognize this is Liam's work, maybe couple ghastly vibes, it's pretty fresh. So overall, very cool and effective score for a thriller movie, loved those banging BLAW BLAW BLAW sounds marking some scenes, also the way Liam was building tension is quite unique - glass scene, door scene were much better because of that.

I'm glad it's something else than I expected, edgy on the nose stuff in the vein of Champions of London would be stupid and wouldn't work here, this one does.

It was a dream for me to see Liam making a movie soundtrack, and he's definitely up for it, whetting appetite for more, Danny Boyle collab next maybe? doesn't have to be Bond 8-)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:58 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 333Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:29 am
I really liked this score (movie was awful), you can definitely hear Liam's influences (John Carpenter's Escape From New York, Wendy Carlos' The Shining & Brad Fiedel's The Terminator), hopefully the full soundtrack gets published at some point (unlike Titan).

Also, some of the first track sounds like an alternate version of the snippet we got from a few years back: https://www.instagram.com/p/B86dGBzjRE8/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:19 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm
https://youtu.be/GiwrxB6Z6xQ
https://youtu.be/yqopC5AzLX8
These are the 2 main themes to the movie, You'll need earphones/speakers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:03 am
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Started watching the film, really dull. Struggled to concentrate. Not enough Eddie Marsan for me who is a great actor.

Decent acting but plot and horror sequences are pretty shit!!

Might be biased but the music is easily best thing about it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:58 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
hm I don't think much of it, not bad, but not really something I will be playing for myself

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:37 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 72Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm
Liam did a great job, can't get enough of the dooming kick sounds in the ending track

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:00 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Great news :)

Offline Profile