<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Music 2024

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2917Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Trawizz wrote:
nucleartitan wrote:
jonyintheplace wrote:
Yes, I think this way of producing started after AONO, you can see tracks like First Warning (2007) or even Razor (2005) already sounded more or less the same than those we have had during the 09-18 period

These tracks are too loud and strident, I can say that I never find myself listening to tracks from IMD or TDIME

By First Warning, it has been such a waste.... The pervious version of Warning, the one played in Athens in 2004 was one of the best prodigy tracks ever. Same destiny went to AWOL. I think once they play such tunes so often before getting released, they need to be kind of refreshed, but, in my opinion, such refresh just ruins the first proposal of the track.

Tracks that were brilliant, or at least better in the beginning, that got ruined by too much production:

Trigger
Baby's got a temper
Get ur fight on
Back 2 skool
World's on fire
Unstoppable
Need some1
Medicine
AWOL
Rok-weiler

I remember back in the day, it was more or less Liam's slogan, ''to keep it fresh'', and he scrapped AONO v.1, because he did not want Fat Of The Land p2. Now he did 3 albums in a row, that sounds so much a like. I do like a few of the tracks from the last 3, but they're definitly not up there, with his creative first 3. I don't like the fast d&b tracks, or the dubstep style tracks. I miss the breakbeats, the acid, and the atmospheric 7-8 minute brainf#ck tracks. Those kinda tracks you don't need drugs to enjoy, but tracks like Roadblox & Champions of London, you need drugs!...

I do not get my hopes high with new music in 2024. As people already said, he says this every year. I am also not as excited as I used to be, because I have been disappointed since 2004, apart from Invaders, which I enjoyed a lot at the time. I just hope we get more of the stuff I miss + that f#ckin Benny Blanco track. I need a studio version of this! Also some of the scrapped tunes like ''Frequencies'', ''Stab'', ''Dogbite'', ''Dust yo self'', ''We Do What We Want'' in some new forms. Well, let's see what happens, or not happens...

I partially agree with you. Concerning the tracks, we do 100% agree on everything.
However, I do like the dnb and dubsteps track. I don't like Champions of London, but Roadblox is fuckin' dope. I prefere the new version of Rockweiler and I love Resonate. Having once again breakbeat tracks would be a step back. That's not anymore time 4 the breakbeat, so I understand the choice by the music direction.
What I don't understand is the ruining process of tracks originary done to rock.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:37 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 118Location: Newcastle U.KJoined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:48 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 414Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
threefiftyseven wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1Pu3HiNy5V/?igsh=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Happy holidays he says...they have definitely gone woke :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:56 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 510Location: New York CityJoined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 pm
He said happy Xmas, which they do every year

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:23 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 98Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
What special do guys expect or hope to Be released or done by The Prodigy because of The 30th birthday of The truly awesome MFTJG album this year?

I Hope they Will somehow Make something special because IT was and still IS their groundbreaking and breakthrough masterpiece.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:07 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Lastu wrote:
What special do guys expect or hope to Be released or done by The Prodigy because of The 30th birthday of The truly awesome MFTJG album this year?

I Hope they Will somehow Make something special because IT was and still IS their groundbreaking and breakthrough masterpiece.

If The Prodigy don't celebrate Jilted's 30th anniversary, Brainkiller is cooking up a little something special for the occasion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:59 am
GruntGruntPosts: 56Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am
Lastu wrote:

I'm not someone who gets excited about remixes so I'm not expecting much!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:57 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 54Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
I would give a lot for good Jilted remixes, I hope the band will prepare something for the 30th anniversary

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:50 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Excellent post.

If only we'd get studio versions of those Pre-AONO-release website loops. Anyone remember those?
The ingenuity and production wizardry of FOTL, imprinted with a fresh sonic vibe.

All music ever since carried the handwriting of someone telling himself "I'm bored of this studio shit" a couple of times too often.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:36 am
MajorMajorPosts: 739Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:04 am
Some of you said those recent tracks are overproduced - I'd say they're underproduced. Most of them are rather simple, few bars of loops put together, with overdrive slapped on top of the master channel.

I'd love for The Prodigy to put out something more intelligent again, but I'm not very optimistic - these guys are 50+ years old and it's not very often that artists at this age put much much effort into their art, especially in music.

I miss the excitement we had over there just before AONO, when Memphis Bells website went up and everyone was trying their version...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:18 am
GruntGruntPosts: 82Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Got thinking last night about new music or a new album for this year as per Liams comments in December. Yes, take them with. Pinch of salt given statements in the past but if he right then for an album you need a 3 month lead up generally from announcement (which the band have always done historically) sometimes more.

That leaves now a window of March - Sept for an announcement , given there’s no way he’d release an album in December.

It normally coincides with a UK Tour in winter so my guess is an announcement no later than the summer, like NT was.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
Ekko wrote:
Excellent post.

If only we'd get studio versions of those Pre-AONO-release website loops. Anyone remember those?
The ingenuity and production wizardry of FOTL, imprinted with a fresh sonic vibe.

All music ever since carried the handwriting of someone telling himself "I'm bored of this studio shit" a couple of times too often.

Agreed. It was such an exciting direction. The lack of positive reception for AONO had him convinced it's a shit album, coupled with the fact it was made at a time that wasn't great for the band, plus being dropped by XL right after. And here we are!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
ChemicaL wrote:
Ekko wrote:
Excellent post.

Agreed. It was such an exciting direction. The lack of positive reception for AONO had him convinced it's a shit album, coupled with the fact it was made at a time that wasn't great for the band, plus being dropped by XL right after. And here we are!

Dropped?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:23 am
GruntGruntPosts: 54Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
antwarrior79 wrote:
Got thinking last night about new music or a new album for this year as per Liams comments in December. Yes, take them with. Pinch of salt given statements in the past but if he right then for an album you need a 3 month lead up generally from announcement (which the band have always done historically) sometimes more.

That leaves now a window of March - Sept for an announcement , given there’s no way he’d release an album in December.

It normally coincides with a UK Tour in winter so my guess is an announcement no later than the summer, like NT was.

I am of the same opinion, if by the end of the holidays Liam does not write an entry on social media with the name of the album, release date, etc., there will be no album this year... I think that if something happens this year, Liam will announce it in July, maximum in August, similarly to NT

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:37 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 78Location: dublin irelandJoined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:15 pm
Arsendis wrote:
antwarrior79 wrote:

I am of the same opinion, if by the end of the holidays Liam does not write an entry on social media with the name of the album, release date, etc., there will be no album this year... I think that if something happens this year, Liam will announce it in July, maximum in August, similarly to NT

Album incoming for sure I think will be launched same time as Doc also but when ? Honestly it’s 5 years since Keef passing this is the year no question they have established they can do it live now without Keef next is new tunes. Army of the Ants incoming :evilflame: