<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Book & DVD: "The Prodigy. Music In Review"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:09 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 376Location: BelgiumJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:59 pm
Gizz Butt is such a sellout. I hate what he writes about the prodigy on his own site:

"THE PRODIGY wanted Gizz. They wanted his sound and they wanted his energy and ultimately this fusion of style and sound was to lead to their most successful period and become what many consider to be the crowning success of dance music."

It's like he contributed for a big part to the global succes of the prodigy. He didn't write any of the music, he was just a blue haired guy jumping around onstage playing some minor stuff on a couple of tracks.

For me the band was like a punk cartoon in that era (97-99), the band looks much more mature now, and it actually looks and sounds like a real live band. They appeared sometimes like a playbackshow around 97-99.
They should really release a dvd of one of the recent gigs, preferable with Rob and Kieron on it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:01 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i 100% agree with you there, you were right, they were a cartoon punk band back in 97 99, i actually wasn't to keen on the prodigy at these ages, 94 to about 96 were the years and 05 to 06 were also awesome to.

gizz didn't write anything and i thought gizz was freinds with the prodigy and i don't have a clue why the hell they would say that about the prodigy, its like an offence in my opinion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
wait,i agree with you about what gizz wrote,but ihave also to say that
1)gizz is a fuckin' great guitarist,and to be honest i always loved his way to play guitar
2)the prodigy between -'97-'99 era was a in a great tim for me,epsecially about the live scene.....don't forget the live in moscow!
3)i agree with you about the bullshits written by gizz on his site.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:46 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
yeah of course i wasn't saying i disliked gizz and of course, he was an awesome guitasts.

i guess your favourite times for the prodigy vary from when u first seen them live

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:28 am
didn't know if it was worth making a new topic with but i've found a recording of breathe when it was first played

keiths vocals are real bad on this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEJu1RwTg4Y

he doesn't do lyrics till near the end but i think thats cause his mic seriously fucked up

so in the kindness of maxim, he gives his mic to keith and maxim goes and finds another one :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
I'm not really getting into the integrity of Gizz Butt, I dont really care. All I have to say is that the shows from 97-99 were fucking amazing. They also piss on all shows from the Trigger/Nuclear/BGAT era. The AONO tour wasnt that marvelous either. Only with the Their Law tour have I witnessed a return to form, a live progression even.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Oh well I won't be buying that shit anyway.

And shit we could bitch all day about which was the Prodigy's best era. But for me and many other people there is a stage in your life when you just feel connected to the music. I'm not going to lie and say SHIT SON 97-99 was the shit man, because I was fucking 10 haha. I loved the Prodigy, I seen them in 98 and it blew my mind at such a young age. When it comes down too it though 05 on their law tour I was 18 out my nut and with good company. Ever since then I've liked the prodigy so much more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:03 pm
CaptainCaptainPosts: 657Location: united kingdomJoined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm
..the prodigy affects you at different stages of your life..i first saw them at 16 on the fat of the land tour but had been into them since they released experience(i was to young to go to a rave though!) they have never been "bad" there style has evovled..my fave album is jilted but AONO is a awesome album too..they have always pushed the boundaries and been independent..never get tired of listening to any song from any album they've done..i saw them at brixton in 2005 and at the monegros festival last summer and the energy is like nothing else...im just glad im into such a fucking cool band and since day 1!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:55 am
to be honest im gonna put this plain and simple

Gizz wouldn't be famous and all if u didn't play live guitarst for them back in those days

Not The Other Way Around Acording to his website

(Problem Solved)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:57 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 516Location: On your roof stealing your chimneyJoined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:50 pm
>>>--Coggles---» wrote:
keiths vocals are real bad on this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEJu1RwTg4Y

Saw that clip a while ago and just burst out laughing when Keith came out with "Coooooome play my game!"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:59 am
yeah man i dunno how he sung firestarter with that type of voice back then :lol:

really even if you listen to breathe in 98 or somthing and even 2001 or even back when that vid was out you'd notice keiths voice has improved so much since TLTS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1265Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm
Just got my copy today and what a piece of shit it is. Apart from the fact that the pages are stuck together ( someone likes it :twisted: )

I suppose I expected an unofficial dvd to be just like this ...shit!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
LMFAO Kieths vocals on that clip are fucking hillarious!! Hahahaha, I can't stop laughing. I'm surprised they never got booed off the stage!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:55 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1769Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:09 am
Fifer wrote:
LMFAO Kieths vocals on that clip are fucking hillarious!! Hahahaha, I can't stop laughing. I'm surprised they never got booed off the stage!

im surprised that liam allowed him to go near a microphone again after that